plat imbued fire opal ring

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ikarinokamii, Nov 8, 2017.

1. ikarinokamii Elder

when does this JC recipe unlock in Agnarr? Velious launched and it still didn't unlock, and its a velious item.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Uhhh, what item?
  3. Trajor New Member

Imbued Platinum Fire Ring
    MAGIC ITEM
    Slot: FINGER
    AC: 4
    STR: -8 INT: +8 HP: +10 MANA: +45
    SV FIRE: +4
    WT: 0.1 Size: TINY
    Class: BRD WIZ
    Race: HUM ERU ELF HIE DEF HEF GNM
    Deity: Solusek Ro
  4. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

From the digging I did it looks like this was Velious.
  5. Baldur Augur

This came up on Phinny, pretty sure they have it set to unlock with Luclin. Ngreth posted about it back during Velious or Luclin on Phinny, so you can search his posts to try and find it.
  6. Bewts Augur

99% sure it’s flagged velious but unlocks in Luclin.

I was disappointed too.
  7. Baldur Augur

8. ikarinokamii Elder

so in sum, they were just too lazy to find all the velious tradeskill jewelry and unlock properly.
  9. Aziuno Augur

Not sure what posts you read where they mentioned they were lazy....

I read that it would take some time to do the Research, and then was later skeptical that it should be Velious due to the stats on it.

Seems right a trade skill item with those stats would be Luclin.
  10. ikarinokamii Elder

That post was from last year. And as someone who payed the game on the original beta to God, the item is absolutely a velious item, and was in the game nearly a year before sol was released. This is about sheer apathy and sloth and nothing else.
  11. Aziuno Augur

The stats for 150p compared to raid boss loot in Kael seem kind of out of balance.. either way...
    I look forward to you making a new post every few days about the issue like you do with the Golem. I am sure your negative attitude toward developers helps motivate them. :)
  12. Catashe Augur

Actually their rationale back when they flagging items for certain expansions(I think it was Fippy/Vulak? but might have been the TLPs before those) the devs who were coding it said that certain items we flagged later than they were introduced because they were out of place stat wise for the expansion they were introduced aka Kunark racial armor and things like this ring were pushed back to Velious/Luclin respectively.. So they were the first items flagged too OP and were considered out of era.. Don't get me wrong.. You might be able to convince Ngeth to change it but it sure won't be before expansion launch for them... Its happened before me and some others have convinced into to fix some tradeskill stuff but you really got to prove to him that it belongs in a certain era cause in the end he's gotta research it himself..
  13. ikarinokamii Elder

I'm not negative, the truth is the truth. they do a good job sometimes, like with the charisis and not doing for quest armor, but sometimes they are lazy. things are as they are.
  14. tuttles Augur

if thats in reference to thurg/kael/ss... multiquest for velious armor should still work, it just requires the same classes to do it.
  15. snailish Augur

I much prefer items being available where they fit in.

Each era can be looked at as a range of tiers of content and quality. If an item negates 95% of the items for that slot in a particular era, it should be a high end hard to obtain item, or moved to an era where it fits the difficulty tier to acquire.

This probably means a lot of things still need to be era set.

In some cases it would be nice if a lesser-quality-era-fitting new item were created, especially for named mobs. For example more FBSS approaching things could be put in some of the other endgame classic dungeons (though I'd make them no drop).
  16. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

The item was introduced in Early velious. It could be it wasn't discovered right away. Probably should be tagged Velious.