Plans Gone Awry

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Orbital101 Augur

Anyone know the key word to make the Named pop at ' On Grolak signal use the box ? I waited till my group ws with me then it depoped and never was able to respawn it. this task seem to be buged. let me know if anyone knows what the hell is going on. thx
  2. Orbital101 Augur

First key word is 'golem'... Make sure you are ready to engage before doing all the text, combine and such or the task will get buged and wont be able to respawn the name. if multiple people doing the quest... we had a full group of them and half the group got there task updated by 1 hail when the goblin says NOW and rest got there task reset previous the combine part... of course with the combine allready made and turned in...
  3. Durew Journeyman

My group is stuck at this part too, 2 people hailed, waited for 3rd and it depopped.. now all 3 of us are stuck
  4. BoomWalker Augur

I am at the point it says to report to Grolak and he keeps saying I am talking Common even tho I am speaking Goblin. These buggy quests are getting tiresome....any ideas on how to get past the broke part where it thinks I am speaking the wrong language?
  5. BoomWalker Augur

So...not sure if camping out multiple times did it with lang set to goblin or setting it (again) using the left click method...rather than /lang 15...but it updated...moving on...
  6. Gladare Augur

Make sure the window you type in is set to goblin. Or set every window to goblin to be safe.
  7. Izcurly Augur

I had that problem too. Admittedly, when I first hailed I did do it in common. But after changing to goblin (with /lang command), I still got the same response. It wasn't until I camped and came back in that it worked.
  8. Tobynn Augur

I experienced this same issue. Returned to Grolak mid-task for update and all I could get from him was admonitions to speak proper goblin! I am 100 goblin skill, language was set to 15 goblin, there was no error on my part, the NPC simply did not recognize I was speaking in goblin. I disbanded my group and camped out my three characters in Grolak's room. Minutes later when I logged everyone back in, Grolak understood everyone's goblin speak just fine and the task updated normally.

There is no further combat involved in the task at this point, so no need to have everyone hail and trigger simultaneously -- disband group and do your updates individually to prevent partially updating the group and bugging/resetting the task.
  9. BoomWalker Augur

Yes, the window I TYPE IN was set to Goblin...but it is this classic "you are too stupid to do it right" attitude that helps so much in fixing these issues.

The difference on getting it to work for me...was that instead of using /lang 15...if you set it to the language by right clicking the title bar and setting it that way it worked. It was set to Goblin...but setting it by right clicking and selecting the language worked for each toon that was having issues.

I had other toons confirm the window I TYPE IN was goblin...and they said I was talking to them in goblin..shocking I know...but the quest never worked until I set it using the title bar option.

Hope this is helpful (rather than assuming you are all to stupid to set your language right like others)...
  10. Gladare Augur

Actually, I was referring to a mistake that I've personally made when playing with languages for fun.
  11. Naugrin Augur

Btw I did it all in common and it worked for me lol..../shrug