Plane of War Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pwnography, May 9, 2014.

1. Drakang Augur

The original brothers Zek was hard. A lot of guilds skipped it or came back to it by getting somebody to request past this for them.

This raid is brothers zek, With damage auras thrown in, and the raid spread out to such a degree that its almost impossible to assist. I am sure it can and will be beaten in its current form. But it is probably the most challenging event they have had in game that I remember. I know its one of the top 3 in most difficult.

If they want it to be for the top guilds only then its fine. If they hoped that all would get to enjoy the anniversary content then it will have to be tuned down.

I do agree that if its going to stay this difficult it should be permanent.
    Xeladom and Elricvonclief like this.
  2. Numzan Augur

Can I send in my mage pet yet?
  3. Orbital101 Augur

considering we will only get one raid for T2 im not against something more to chew on for the next 6 months..
  4. Drakang Augur

Does not seem like the original weaknesses to certain weapon types carried over of if it did it really minimal.
  5. Vlerg Augur

agree with orbital. if we only have 1 T2 raid, why not keep this one in?
  6. Ravengloome Augur

Theres going to eventually be 4 tier 2 raids, Tier 2 is being split into 4 bite sized chunks.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

All I can say is the rewards for all this death better be worth it....and it better be for everyone in the raid not 2 or 3 drops.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just out of curiosity

1. Was this raid actually tested?
    2. If it was tested, how many guilds tested it?
  9. Iila Augur

MS beta tested it.

They also didn't bother raiding it the night it went live.
    Imrahil and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That says a lot!
  11. Makavien Augur

Lol yes it sure does.
  12. Drakang Augur

All you need to know about the war raid can be summed up by googling "Edwin Starr War" and listening.

Would put a link to Youtube but they would probably delete it
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Cloth caps for all!
  14. Edrick Augur

The Plane of War raid will make a great 16th anniversary raid.
    Yinla and Elricvonclief like this.
  15. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

We tested it (Machin Chin) one night for about 4-5 hours with a DEV.
    After the first try we go "Oh this is alot like the Zek Bros raid from Seeds Of Destruction". After the 2nd attempt we go "Oh this is alot like the Zek Bros raid from SoD but tuned for toons level 130" LOL!
    I don't know how much tuning or what changes got done after our test night with the DEV but it was statisticly unbeatable at the time of testing and we let the DEV know this. Both at that time and in Private messages.
    We couldn't even kill one add before we wiped and we had a solid raid force show up that night with the right mix of classes.

We did finnaly beat it after the DEV threw on us the Super buff that basicly makes you indestructible. But it took us well over an hour.

The adds and some of their effects would have been a raid boss within themselves.
    It was just ridiculous the ammount of damage out put that was hitting players both Melee and AE's from the Zeks and the adds. Plus some of the AE's prevented anyone who could cast from casting.
    Example: Getting hit by a small knock back every 5 seconds along with a Lurch along with a silence, Ugggg.
    Some people rage quit for the night after an hour or two.

I could go on with what we saw but personally, I really don't care enough about this raid to talk anymore about what we saw with its mechanics or what was in the chest. I'll say the chest loot was on par for raid CoTF tier one, maybe a tad better.

As it stands, we have no intention of doing this annivesery raid right now. Though we will probably try it a few times to see what was changed. But from reading these posts, it sounds like not a lot did.

So I say to you good luck. And if any guild beats it, please post on the boards here that you did and let us know :)
    Serious bragging rights if you do! hehe!
  16. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

17. Edrick Augur

I knew it was itemized, but... what.

The dev who made this raid is very nice but the tuning is very silly. I had to take my rage out on halflings afterwards.
  18. Slasher Augur

This raid going live like this says a lot.

1. The dev who made it is so out of touch with the game that he even thinks this is a beatable raid.
    2. The boss of this dev is so out of touch with the game that he didn't even look at it or also thinks this raid was a good idea.
    3. You make anniversary events for EVERYONE to enjoy. You do not make an event that only last 6 weeks that is so overtuned that it is painfully obvious there was zero real testing done on this.

This makes me scared for future raids no testing no beta just invite a top 3 guild and watch them wipe over and over and still think the raid is tuned fine because that is what happen here.

It's funny because we have massive nerfs coming to wizards/melee and you see a raid like this you can't beat this raid before these nerfs do they really think it can be beat by many guilds after ?
  19. Elricvonclief Augur

The sad thing is how many guilds are now dropping the raid off the list unless nothing else is up, due to it being basically unbeatable atm.

Anniversary raids should be a fun event for mid tier and end game raiders, or at least they used to be.
  20. CaptAmazing Augur

The raid shows everyone what is wrong with Everquest. A small subset of players attempt to influence the Devs. with skewed arguments. While there's no proof they actually listen, we get content that swings wildly from extreme to the other and its seems to swing in the directions of the loudest screaming. Or at least thats the perception.

But, what it's really saying is the devs. do not seem to understand the game or the playerbase.

I would like to see much more explanation from the people who make the content we pay for about why things are done a certain way. Because really, what was the point of this raid? It's not accomplished anything. No good will for a celebration of 15 years of people paying to play the same game. It's should not be considered additional content. Hardly anyone is doing it and if it stays like this, no one will be doing it.

I know these are professionals paid to make content by a major gaming company. This is the big leagues. But, isnt there soemthing wrong, when this tread has absolutely no positive reviews of it?