Plane of War (maybe or Maybe not)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nyni, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Feradach Augur

OK now I'm even more excited for it to open up. Thanks Dzarn!
  2. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

Is this zone going to be a permanent zone, like part of CoTF Tier 2 a/b? Or only available during anniversity time?
  3. Edrick Augur

Those are pretty good teasers, thanks! If I could ask two questions: is it entirely group content, or is there a raid or more? I see there is an NPC in plane of knowledge that is accepting an unknown currency...

And a super duper teaser would be a screenshot, but that might be asking too much.

Thanks Dzarn!
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

A lot of things, but I'll start with a question for us grammar / pedantic types:

Is it "The Plane of War" or the "Plane of War"?

Thank you.
  5. Rorce Augur

Best news I've heard all year!
  6. Rorce Augur

Will there be instanced content in this zone? Or will all the content be in the static zone?
  7. Orbital101 Augur

Do we have a date set in stone for the release?

Hopefully most of it will be instanced as I dont want to deal with a over crowded zone.

Will there be any achievements linked to it?

I cant wait to meet up the challenge...
  8. Edrick Augur

Nice pun.
  9. Dzarn Developer

The zone will remain permanent when it goes live. It will be locked on progression servers until CoTF goes live.
    There will be anniversary specific content that takes place in instances of the Plane of War and those will only be available during the anniversary holiday season.

The basic NPCs in the zone will be beatable by a group, possibly less.
    The rare NPCs in the zone will be targeted for 2 full groups and will drop loot commensurate with their difficulty (better than one groupable gear.)
    The rares will also have a percentage chance to drop an additional utility item / augmentation / clicky piece that are among the best in game for both group and raid level players.
    Look but don't touch...

"The Plane of War" is the zone's full name.

There will be anniversary specific content that is instanced, the base zone will be static.

The zone has a tentative release date that will be announced, sorry I can't spoil that one.
    The anniversary specific content will be instanced but the base zone will not be. Hopefully the fact that the zone is a permanent release will alleviate some of the overcrowding issues that we see arise during limited duration content.
    There will be achievements for both the anniversary content and the base zone content.
  10. Ravengloome Augur

This could be freaking awesome, Dzarn you have me looking forward to this.
  11. Axxius Augur

Undefeated Blade 2.0? If there are achievements for killing these rares, will everybody in the mini-raid get them, or only the KS group?

In general, the 2-group named in CRB were not well received. Are you sure you are not making a huge mistake? ;)
    Leerah and Falos like this.
  12. Ravengloome Augur

I loved those named.

It was a challenge to do them with 1 group.

I am assuming they are doing this too satisfy all the people who have been whining for harder content, in which case I am all for it. I can't wait to see whats in store for us with Plane of War.
  13. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Will there be some raids aside from the Anny content that will stay?
  14. Elricvonclief Augur

This zone sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

Thanks for the updates, Dzarn!
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Dzarn, did you design The Plane of War?

Pleased to see it is sticking around after the anniversary :)
  16. Astehroth Elder

Named that require 2 full groups to beat is dissapointing.
    Falos and Sinestra like this.
  17. Subitoe New Member

I could see this being a conundrum, the part I highlighted.
    On par with Tier 1 CoTF raid gear or just a bit better then Tier 1 CoTF group gear?
    If its not on par with raid gear why would raiders do it?

Most groupers usually have their small group of friends or box between 2, 3, 4 people.
    I could see raiders not being intrested if its not better or equal to raid gear and groupers will have trouble being able to gather up enough people to take on these Rares. I could be wrong though.

I could see Raiders going after some of these rares though if they drop a unique enough utility item, or ornamentation item perhaps. And raiders tend to be able to gather up a group or two to go after something thats worth going for if need be.

I guess we will have to wait and see how its set up, what drops, how difficult the zone is. :)
  18. Phrett Augur

Why!?

This is the best sounding thing I've heard in a long time.
  19. Phrett Augur

If there's a Rallos illusion or an ornament for his axe I'll shart-me-pantaloons... just saying
  20. guado Augur

1) I've been waiting 11 years to find this zone line
    2) Thank you.

Dzarn, you made this day worth it.