Plane of War (maybe or Maybe not)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nyni, Feb 28, 2014.

1. CaptAmazing Augur

When is this gong live? Shouldn't that have been today?
  2. Philphans Lorekeeper

they haven't announced a specific date yet
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Next week I hope, anniversary is this weekend
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

5. Riou EQResource

Will be going live in April, I believe Roshen mentioned that in the PoWar stuff (something about more details pre release in April), believe phathom did too in that year of everquest march video thing
  6. Zarzac Augur

It sounds to me like the most common way to tackle those 2 group mobs will be to bring 6 players then go 3+3merc for 12 total when they pop. Only issue there is someone in the non kill group wins the loot they have to wait until corpse opens up to loot. Will there be fight mechanics to trivialize mercs, or would that style of play be what you are looking for?

Personally I like that idea as it brings back a reason to set up a true 6 person group with 6 players.

Also with 650 mobs, and with it sounding like the zone has a logical divided area as it is, it sounds like splitting the zone into the entry task half and the locked half may be a better idea as to help minimize lag.
  7. Captain Internet Lorekeeper

I just figured out the best possible reward that you could get from this zone.

An item that your guild leader can consume that enables the /guildwar command.
  8. Leerah Augur

I would be afraid to attack things that are so hard. I wouldn't even go into the zone alone. (Memories of Plane of Air.) I would like the option to buy chase items should I lose my common sense.
  9. Leerah Augur

Make ultra-rares game-wide. Even a level 10 should be able to buy a lottery ticket.

Finding fresh meat in the Karanas was a pleasure.
  10. Tarrin Augur

The trash mobs won't be anything harder than trash mobs already.

Its a zone designed to group in, so you shouldn't be going there alone.
    Leerah and Sinestra like this.
  11. Vlerg Augur

If it's doable by 6 player + 6 merc, it's most likely doable by 6 player period.

I'm not that interested by them being 2-groupable, just want them to have meaningfull mechanics you cannot ignore

Huge mistake, xolok the blind, the minotaur that buff himself to insane level in xorbb, diminutive kromrif, geldin or whoever heal himself in WK...
  12. guado Augur

anyone else think of Arrested Development when they saw that lightning warrior? "I think I've made A Huge Mistake"
  13. Axxius Augur

Translation: "I want to AE slaughter lowbie zones while watching tv and have a chance at these drops without any effort or risk". ;)
  14. Ravengloome Augur

Based on what they've been doing lately, this very thing may happen.
  15. Leerah Augur

Oh as if it's HARD for you to sit there in your raid gear popping off the spawn? No effort or risk there either.
  16. Captain Internet Lorekeeper

It requires a bit more effort to kill a mob with a few million hit points and hitting you for 20k or so, compared to swarming all the level 5-15 gnolls in Blackburrow, yes.
  17. Leerah Augur

You don't know Axxius.
  18. Captain Internet Lorekeeper

Well, you have me there I suppose.
  19. Gr8fuldave Augur

Are the trash mobs in this zone mezzable?
  20. Draego Augur

Haven't read up on the entire thread so far so please excuse if the questions have already been asked and I just havent read them and the potential answer yet.

Expected level range?

Which also leads to the respective, anticipated Gear (era) drops?

Can you give us a few teaser ScreenShots etc.?