Plane of War (maybe or Maybe not)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nyni, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Phrett Augur

That's your suggestion? Lowering raid gear's stats to group level when not in a raid zone? Really?

I'll just go with "nope"... guess that makes me a whiner, huh?
  2. Ravengloome Augur

Part of the reward of Raid gear, is the Raid gear. Being able to smash/trivialize group content is part of the major appeal (to some people) of raid gear. Why take that away from them?

Theres going to be group geared folks and raid geared folks that utterly lock down this content. Group and Raid gear gap is smaller then it ever has been IMO. The only deciding factor on whether your leading the pack or left out in the cold comes down to personal skill/attitude.

Again there is utterly no reason for raid gear to "scale" down. When i was younger seeing people clearly better then me/better geared, drove me to try and be like them. Apparently the world has changed and now people want everyone to be equal. Except we aren't all equal.

Even if you DID scale down Raid gear to group levels, theres going to be a certain set of players that would just utterly decimate anything in the group game, even in scaled down raid gear. Hell I am not even in raid gear, and I have managed to finish All Challengers (for group missions) in ROF and COTF (so far).
  3. Vlerg Augur

I think you overestimate the difference gear make... or you underestimate what 6 real, well-organized and skilled player can do.

Yes, I have a almost full CoTF raid-gear wizard. Yes, I also have a purely group-geared wizard on a 2nd account and a group-geared beastlord who reside in a casual-friendly guild.. no raid at all. And yes, I have done the '' A huge mistake + undefeated blade'' with a single group of group-geared players.

Sure, the extra AC and HP on a tank help alot... but for healers? for DPS'ers? no, the difference isn't that big. an average of 15% more heal or 15% more damage for nuke ( a little more than 15% for melee?) Does it help? Of course it does. Is it the primary factor? No, not even close, Skill and organisation comes first. gear is a distant second, especially if you arn't a tank. ( see, DPS'er unable to out-dps a wizzy merc)

Right now, my group-geared wizzy can facetank most CoTF names and blow hem up before the arcane destruction rune is down... I definatly hope that the plane of war names will be hard enough to not let that happen.

I'd like to see names and encounters like Chapterhouse 2 or xorbb 2... gear hardly matter for those.

you also seems to overlook the fact that.. this group content will drop RoF T3 equivalent gear. that's something.
  4. Zantor Augur

This has to be one of the weirdest and dumbest ideas I have ever heard, would take out all incentive to raid or progress in the game, people raid to make themselves stronger and better for the group content. I will no apologize that I have the time and willingness to raid and make my toon the best he can be. I will not suffer cause someone has a problem with that, wether they not have the time or willingness to raid is NOT MY PROBLEM. If it were up to me, would be zones designed and geared towards raid gear toons.

I loved PoP days when when say, you got to PoFire, when PoP was still young, it ment you were good, you put in the time and effort to get there. It made me feel good about myself, then all people like you whined to no end and they eventually opened it up and anytime there are locked zones like that a river gets cried.
    Axxius likes this.
  5. Ravengloome Augur

^ This dude knows whats up.

Even in the tanking world knowing what to click when is far more often the decider in a win then just outright gear.

Hell at this point Undefeated Blade and A huge mistake are 3boxable (maybe even 2boxable) by group geared people.
  6. Tornicade_IV Augur

Im wondering how far they go with it.
    Will it utilize the call to help feature and every other group ability in the game but we dont see becaus they dont want to make static content too "hard".

similiar to ashengate before it was dumbed down for the feint of heart,
  7. Ravengloome Augur

I sure hope so! Although with 650 trash mobs in Zone, that could be quite alot of help!
  8. Ineptocracy Leader Elder

Going out on a limb here but I dont think that is intended : ) Being as far from a tank, in theory, as possible as a class and all. Glass Cannon, yeah right : )
  9. Axxius Augur

Don't worry, he's 'going out on a limb' too. ;) No group-geared wizard in EQ can 'facetank' any CotF named with a rune and kill it faster than it kills him. Unless there is a group that does a whole lot of dps, and some healing too. Which kinda makes it irrelevant who is tanking.
  10. Vlerg Augur

360k from arcane destruction, add shield of fate, add stonescale, add dimensional shield so the mob spend a little bit of time running back to you after every hit... and of course, pop all burn... Yes, some of the hardest hitting name do burn trough the rune, shoon, roon, and mass of spite come to mind. some with Healing ability, spell slow or adds are also not moloable

However, the point is... real tank shouldn't have any issues at all tanking them... unless they go 2 hander without disc and no AC aug... by all means, the current CoTF group content is far easier than it should be... especially HP-Wise, the 10-12 million HP is nothing when a single dps can burn at 150kdps +
  11. Axxius Augur

You never actually tried this, have you? ;) It's an off-topic here, please make a video of your group geared wizard moloing any CotF named in the Casters forum. Or don't make ridiculous claims like this.
    Pirlo likes this.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The part where he said to add Dimensional Shield is what made it obvious
    Pirlo likes this.
  13. Ravengloome Augur

I dont know about all this Wizard soloing named nonsense but I do know an SK + Wizard merc can do most named outside of Gelden. But it can be pretty touchy.

Either way in general I don't think it can be disagreed that overall so far content wise COTF has been a bit on the easier side/casual friendly, which is fine I guess. Luckily it sounds like this Plane of War stuff will be the payoff the other half of the EQ population has been waiting for.
  14. Falos Augur

Shamans were nerfed, sorry.
  15. Pirlo Augur

THIS

The dreaded stress test
    I hope PoW goes on test for a week so 150 people can try and crash it. Then EQ can add more food in the gerbil cage so he performs better when it goes live.
  16. guado Augur

STOP bickering and prepare for WAR!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Any of you anti social boxers (like myself) ever think "HEY, maybe my bot crew and JohnnyGnome's bot crew will have to take down this named?!"
    Obiziana likes this.
  17. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Wish necros could burn 150k dps single handedly
  18. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

The zone is older, it's more stable. Specially if they removed some of the old quest lines and reduced some of the mobs.
    I think it's funny they say they have the ability to fix pathing now and clearly have never been inside halls of the dead in neriak
  19. Ronak Augur

[IMG]
  20. Philphans Lorekeeper

They should just make the whole zone PVP.. after all it is the plane of war. Based around the Zeks...

/duck