Plane of Storms Progression

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xoner, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elmdor Lorekeeper

You new to Phinny bro? This ain't gonna happen.
  2. Guzzle Augur

To be fair, it did happen in SSeru for the emp key eventually.
  3. Picara New Member

There are multiple things wrong with this post...
    Xoner likes this.
  4. Catashe Augur

Kinda funny people think theres going to be any serious trains.. maybe for the first acouple of groups that get into Storms but I'd say 24 hours after launch.. There will be so many people crammed into PoS that I doubt there will be enough mobs ALIVE to train someone with.. no matter what pick your in...
  5. Astley Augur

Praesertums were being KSed and trained frequently. We had someone with his boxes come in who was membluring / Lifeburning the targets at low health to sell the MQs to players for krono/RMT. GM intervention had to come in to stop this guy after multiple complaints.
  6. Machen New Member

Doubt there will be enough toons in every pick constantly to keep all the mobs dead. There are a ton of mobs in postorms. Maybe during prime time nothing will be up, but off peak I bet there will be many mobs up in many picks.
  7. Gafgarion Elder

Don't kid yourself. PoStorms is gonna be a total cluster for at least the first month, and possibly longer because of how few pieces these guys drop and how long their respawn time is.
  8. Atabishi Augur

I wanted to quote you specifically Astley as you were the most recent person to bring it up but also at the same time respond to many other posts made here with the same allegations.

Many people keep comparing the PoS giants to something similar like the Praesertums in Seru since they as well did not spawn in instance and many people took to the forums to complain about how they could not get their guilds Seru keyed because of poopsockers/trainers/memblurs. Many people blamed the top tier guilds for the trouble they were having, and many people on this forum keep claiming that when it comes to the PoS giants, it will be the top tier guilds causing all the problems and will be the ones refusing to work with the rest of the server. To that I say, get off your moral high horse and check your Hollywood BS at the door.

When Luclin launched, I basically lived in Seru for the first month. I was among one of the first few people to finish the Sigil Earring of Veracity quest. I then proceeded to help about 6-7 other guildies complete it. The first few days that I camped it after the initial launch clear, it was pretty peaceful in there. I had factioned coth mages positioned at the praesertums to keep an eye on them and when one would spawn, if I had the right people on at the time, we would go down it with the absolute minimal amount of people required to kill a praesertum. We were able to take our time setting up, no one trained us, no one tried to memblur KS or DPS race us, from what I saw in there praesertum's were for the most part going on a first come first serve basis. Even AoS, not once attempted to train me if I was already engaged before they got there.

This peacefulness however, only lasted for about 2 key completions. Once all of the smaller and self proclaimed "non-hardcore always innocent" guilds of the server started to roll in to try and get their guilds a Seru key, it was a complete and total nightmare. There was one day in particular that I won't forget, where all 4 praesertums were up. Three different guilds, one of them being yours Astley, and none of them being AoS or OGC, moved in with significant forces to try and kill them. Other different guilds moved in through out the day to also attempt. It ended up being an all day train fest. You guys just constantly trained each other at every praesertum all morning and in to the afternoon. It went on for hours. At one point, you guys spent more than 2 hours training each other at Rhugol, meanwhile a friend and I were able to kill Matpa and Vantorus unscathed and uncontested. Eventually after hours of these "innocent" guilds training each other, most people left and I was also able to swipe Bikun as well. The only successful kill any of the guilds involved got was Rhugol. It was quite hilarious and entertaining to watch. I remember this day being a tipping point with the praesertums, where a new precedent of non-stop training and memblur KS'ing became the norm in there. I started to get constantly trained while attempting to kill praesertums, but to me, it's just part of the game. If they want to train me it's whatever. I don't report them. I wait until they engage the mob and I fight fire with fire through DPS racing. On the rare occasion that I lose a DPS race, I don't complain or spam tell them. A lot of these same guilds that trained me non-stop, would cry sooooo hard when I would dps race them and win and send me so many hate tells. If you didn't want a DPS race, you shouldn't have trained me in the first place.

My point is, guilds on this server need to stop always claiming to be the innocent victim. You all have members just as guilty of training constantly, some more than others. If you want to start recording trains in PoS Astley, make sure to send in the videos of your own guildies as well. With the amount of keys each pick will produce, it is completely viable for each guild to come together and take 1 pick and stay there, do I think that will happen though? No. But I'd even be willing to trust a guild like AoS not to mess up something like that before I would trust your guild Astley.
  9. Warlorf Augur

A race to progress .. laughable. My 50th time at least going through PoP progression, have fun "racing" for trivial content. Im here to have fun, not flex EPEENS. Unfortunately 99.9% of the player base who are going to be racing through this come Feb weren't around when it was actually tough to get through and blocking was the way of things.

My suggestions Ive made are meant to be part of a solution, while the naysayers obviously want to be part of the problem.

Good Luck
  10. Astley Augur

Couple of points on this and why it will be different.

1) PoS is now necessary for everyone to complete individually to gain access to the elemental planes before the first 3 months are up. For progression, for access to the best exp zones, etc. Seru was only necessary to have 1 player in each raid you needed keyed, and was not a road block on the path to getting into VT. Some guilds bypassed it entirely for awhile for that reason or the desire to get in there was mitigated by necessary keying for Emperor and VT.

2) Our guild does not condone training anyone to KS, and we were not training others to get Praesertums. I was there for a large majority of our Praesertum kills for our keys early on. We had people watching just like others, and when they spawned were sending call outs to bring in a DPS force from our shard camps, but we did not send in any trains to try and KS them. That has been our tactic from the get-go. If you have any evidence of members of our guild training, please, send it my way. I don't tolerate that one bit. If there has been training at random points, it was never initiated by CoC.

3) We won't be tolerating intentional training in PoS by CoC either. We will be there DPS racing if someone contests us because that is the law of the land, but we won't be training anyone. If you have evidence of anyone from CoC training in PoS when it comes out, send me a /tell and I will remove them from the Guild myself.
  11. Atabishi Augur

My new EQ side quest, record every time I see a CoC member training so i can send to you. Won't take long to have a full montage video.
  12. Atabishi Augur

The only thing laughable is people who say this. Just because the game has been out for 17 years and nearly everything has been figured out and documented, and easy to do, doesn't mean it can't be highly competitive. That's like saying baseball can't be competitive because its been around for 178 years. Guess people should also just stop participating for games done quick records? I mean the games are so old and trivial it can't be competitive !!!!!
    Gnog likes this.
  13. Machen New Member

Did I ever say it wasn't?
  14. Guzzle Augur

Please do tell me. I was there the night that multiple guilds stayed in their own picks to camp the arx key mobs.
  15. Guzzle Augur

I guess you weren't there the night I referenced in post #494, but that's fine. How long after launch did you experience this? I am sure it happened, but I'm talking about inside the first week or week and a half it wasn't complete mayhem for ONE NIGHT.
  16. Machen New Member

For starters, you don't camp the emp key in sseru.
  17. Astley Augur

Couple weeks back at least was when there was a big blow up on the forums about it. That was the last time we were in there actively to my knowledge. There was someone selling full Multi quests for the Praesertums for a while in public chat channels in Nexus, the small group of people working with them was doing exactly that. Training, Mem-bluring, and Lifeburning. A couple different guilds came into the thread citing that they had experienced this from the same person recently, petitioned, and weren't getting resolution, so it was named and shamed on the forums at that time.
  18. Guzzle Augur

Ah, technically correct but I think it was pretty obvious what I meant.
  19. Guzzle Augur

Yeah I was referring to during the week after luclin launched, well before the time period you're referring to. I can't remember what night specifically but a handful of the higher end guilds had agreed to stay in their own particular picks and camp out the Praesertums for the seru key. I'm not sure if there were any after that, but we only cared about getting one key.
  20. Toodles Elder

It was either the first thursday or tuesday. Dont really recall it as a cooperative effort, it just worked out that enough picks spawned that each raidforce could sit next to the center pyramid doing their own thing while they psocked in a pick, but most still had watchers in other picks. I wanna say it got up to 4 guilds and 5 picks.

and there was some dips*** training that night by atleast one individual (there werent even prae's up) , probably the actions of a mentally unstable person with a grudge from lowerguk or velks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.