Plane of Storms Progression

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xoner, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaoqiang Journeyman

if you all don't like what's going on with PoStorms, then leave. You're free to drop your subscriptions. Complaining about it here is going to have zero effect
  2. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

I've always loved this mentality.

Don't bother petitioning for constructive change.

Dare not instigate discussion. Just passively and brainlessly accept the product we get, regardless of quality.

Regardless of whether or not you've been playing this game for nearly two decades, or how much you still love it after all this time, just "shut up and color."

Didn't South Park make fun of that mindset?

Moonii, Sheex and Machen like this.
  3. Lanadorm New Member

You do realize that the loss of subs over issues that people feel strongly about will limit the length the server is viable right?
  4. Shaoqiang Journeyman

Nah i'm saying this as a serious piece of advice.
  5. Astley Augur

So... Trolling or just forgetful?

ShaoqiangNew Member

This is going to result in alot of bad will and possibly cancelled accounts if it isn't done properly. DBG you should do the right thing and instance these key pieces.

6. Shaoqiang Journeyman

I don't understand why you would say I'm trolling here. Just stating my opinion that the only recourse of people who don't like the policy is to cancel their accounts. That's the only thing they could possibly do that DBG will react to. Posting here obviously achieves very little.
  7. Astley Augur

The trolling was because you came into the discussion earlier and said Daybreak should fix the problem, and then are telling people to quit if they don't like it.

But, then you're wrong on the posting doing little here.

Posts here in the forums have gotten responses and reaction from Daybreak on several issues lately. We have an active thread posting the buggy issues with PoP that we are testing and getting fixed. Daybreak has responded on several occasions to posts about out of era items in game that have led to these items being removed, etc.

Forum posts are getting responses to change the game for the better, and so that's why we're hoping to show with involvement that certain changes are needed before they get out of hand.
  8. Baldur Augur

Actually there is another option. Once it opens up and people train/KS/memblur/etc. you in PoS to take giants, everyone petitions, flooding customer support.

That will probably get them to change it. ;)
  9. Astley Augur

That's what we're expecting. Our guild will be running screen recorders to capture anyone attempting to train us over this and we'll be petitioning for bans of the offenders. A DPS race is what it is, and we're prepped to deal with that, but intentional training is still outlawed on the server.
  10. Shaoqiang Journeyman

I hope I am wrong and they do something about it. Tho I admit I've been playing devil's advocate a bit to move the discussion forward.
  11. Fragile Journeyman

24 pages - still no changes for PoStorms.
  12. Moonii Elder

Besides the change that created the 24 pages :) cause DBG knows better.
  13. Guzzle Augur

That sounds like a huge waste of time and, quite frankly, childish. I'm not in favor of intentionally training anyone that doesn't have it coming, but to have someone get BANNED over something that has evolved to become part of the game? Come on, stop being a snowflake. The reality is that the 3 big dogs will be competing [read: training] left and right to try and snipe medallions. This is the type of environment that DBG has chosen to foster, and it will only get worse.

But, by all means... record your videos and go on your witch hunt - the guilds that care about progression will be there fighting fire with fire to progress.
    Gafgarion likes this.
  14. Hadesborne Augur

I will be frapsing my experiences in PoStorms for exactly that reason. If the unintelligent want to train mobs on people? Get ready to be petitioned. Oh, I know this will not stop the schmucks from doing what schmucks do, but the more toxic people I can help remove from the playerbase, the better. I can't wait for some of these players that will be returning from their suspensions for abusing the defiant bug to get PERMA-BANNED due to getting another flag on their account and having the "Two strikes and you're out" rule levied against them.

HAHAHA I can't wait.
  15. Astley Augur

Training is not the same as competing. DPS race is the name of the game on the server for mobs. That has been expressly stated by Daybreak, and it's what we expect and will not back down from. If you need to intentionally train and wipe another group in order to 'compete' then you don't have the numbers and force deserving to be a top tier guild on the server.

Intentional training is and has always been, against game policy. And I won't feel an ounce of sympathy for anyone who gets their account banned for violating that, or something else like the Defiant-gate exploit.

If someone beats us on a DPS race, so be it. We're not going to whine and petition for that. But we're also here to compete and get our guild access to the further elemental planes as soon as possible. I'm not going to sit back and let anyone else try and run over my guild members because you think it's childish.

If we could get GM response within a reasonable time to witness people violating game policy, we wouldn't need to screen-record as a line of defense.

And if those "3 big dogs" or anyone else decides they want to risk violating game policy in order to be the first to clear the expansion, they are the ones putting their accounts in jeopardy. Screen recording will be the only real way to ensure some of those potential offenders are kept in check.
  16. Toodles Elder

ooooh will your guild start multiple twitch streams of your storms adventures??? please make sure OOC is readable and voice-chat is clear... let everyone not just the CSRs see how much fun you're having in storms
    Guzzle likes this.
  17. Warlorf Augur

Posting the same thing here as I did on other thread. Spawn a pick as a guild then bring the guild, rotate through groups, get keys, be merry and use tells/ooc/shout / any of the given means to coordinate which guild is in which pick. Its pretty simple and drama free.
  18. KPW99 Lorekeeper

No.
  19. Warlorf Augur

20. Astley Augur

There is a race to progress. All it takes is one person not to respect that and it starts to break down. And there are certain guilds that definitely won't respect any others in there, so better to just go in without any misconceptions that you need to DPS race and be prepared for that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.