Plane of Storms Progression

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xoner, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baldur Augur

Not sure why you're arguing against it then. It's obvious the majority of players want these giants to spawn in the instance. It's what we came to Phinny for, to avoid the crap show that this is going to be.

We didn't come to Phinny to experience content like it was back in the day, if we wanted that we'd be on Lockjaw or Ragefire. We came to Phinny to be able to experience the content on our own time.
  2. Astley Augur

The big issue here though, is that they potentially CAN spawn in the instance... but you have to get really lucky with the spawn timers. Because by earlier testing, SOME of them spawned for someone waiting the full 6 hours in the instance, but not ALL of them.

If they spawned at pick creation or server up, this wouldn't be as much of a worry. But since they are letting them stay on the longer spawns after the instance is created, you MIGHT get a chance at them, which doesn't really go with the notion that they should only spawn in open world. It comes across as Daybreak just being a bit lazy and not wanting to change the spawns to pop at zone creation. They're taking the route of doing nothing, and calling it a planned and thought out decision.
  3. Machen New Member

This is true also for DBG, unfortunately. At best they can only guess how the player base will respond to any given change, and they have been wrong quite frequently.
  4. Jaera Augur

Since they changed PoP to not respawn, this is no longer the case. These six giants do not spawn in the instance, period.
  5. Machen New Member

Not any more, they can't. Absor changed it.
  6. Atabishi Augur

I'm not arguing for it to be in or out of the instance. I'm arguing that I find it annoying the people who threaten to quit if they aren't in an instance. The same person who would quit over something like this, even if it's changed this time in their favor, will probably just find something else down the road to quit over. So just go ahead and quit. You may have came to this server to try and avoid things like this, but that is not what DBG promised when first announcing this server. They did not promise that all quests and keys/flags would be instanced. Just because you decided to put those words in daybreak's mouth when you came to this server, doesn't mean they are breaking any promises.
  7. Astley Augur

Ah, see, I missed that point some time ago.

So, they actively made the ability to get the medallions MORE difficult.
  8. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Glad to see we're in agreement. Hopefully Daybreak will feel the same way sooner rather than later.
  9. Machen New Member

Yes, precisely. If you go back to the original post, that's what this thread is about...
  10. Illusory Augur

So, can we get back to discussing guild pacts or do you guys still believe it won't work? :p

(Because if you want to experience BoT or see the elemental planes before the next expansion, you guys might want to drop whatever negative experiences you had with pacts in the past and consider it for the future.)

DBG's stance is essentially forcing guilds to either work together with civility or go balls to the wall. And, if mayhem ensues I hope that leave it like that... Would bring out the hardcore gamer in me once more.
  11. Guzzle Augur

Confirmed just arguing to stir the pot. If this is what you believe, and agree with everyone else here, why the heck are you here trying to combat it? Good lord.
  12. Illusory Augur

He isn't arguing to stir the pot, he's educating people on what is and what isn't.
    • The folks in this thread believe one thing, something they made up in their heads in regards to what they're entitled to on Phinny versus other TLP servers. (You know, paying customers.)
    • DBG takes its initial stance, but that goes against the fabricated belief of the people (aka paying customers.)
    • The people complain, threaten, and throw their hands up screaming.
    • Atabishi tries to reinterate text from the F.A.Q of Phinigel what DBG actually promised, but people ignore it.
    Again, DBG has given the community a choice here.

1) You can work together, as a civilized community.
    or
    2) Let it all hang out and see whom can get kicked the hardest without faltering.
  13. Azriah New Member

So the best part of this, is that smart guilds who want to avoid the drama will avoid Plane of Storms entirely for the first few weeks.

You don't need to step foot in Plane of Storms in order to flag yourself all the way to Plane of Fire. You can just wait around until the fuss dies down and then get it.
  14. Silverado New Member

Anyone else notice the guy giving a shout out Thellonious like he is a model player on this server. Thellonious and all the other Entendre scrubs were the first ones to be in defiant gear. But yea, they're great role models for the server eh?
  15. Atabishi Augur

Well you have to give a couple of them some credit right? I mean they were able to keep defiant gear a secret since Velious. That's a long time to hide that. It wasn't until a few of their officers decided to start selling the exploit for kronos, then got scared that they were going to get caught, so they blew it up on the forums.
    Silverado likes this.
  16. Klang Lorekeeper

I don't think it's a "fabricated belief" that people paying to play on this server assume that the server will work in a reasonable fashion. Phinigel is very heavily populated, and the whole concept of private instances was sold as the way to mitigate the contention of a large population on a game designed for smaller populations.

Given a maximum of 24 keys per day per pick instance, keying the server for BoT would take a very long time. I think an emotional reaction to the mechanic behaving this way is justified - especially given the fast pace of expansion releases.

The whole problem with working together as a "civilized community" is people coming in here trolling people that are obviously invested in the server and want to communicate to DBG how much they dislike this mechanic.
  17. Machen New Member

Look at all the guilds that beat Vex Thal within 2-2.5 weeks of luclin launch. Ain't nobody got time to wait around a few weeks for PoStorms. Most of these guilds will have all their flagging done except storms within the first week, maybe a week and a half depending on how guilds handle Carprin. It takes if I recall correctly ~9 raid events to get to the point where you have nothing left to do if you don't have Storms done, and all 9 are trivial for VT geared guilds.
  18. Atabishi Augur

You contradicted yourself in your opening statement. You said it's not a fabricated belief, then go on to say "assume" which is what would lead to your fabricated belief in the first place. lol

You are extending your own interpretation on what you think DBG meant when they said phinny would have raid instancing for big raid targets. Again, leads to your fabricated belief.

No one is trolling you, you are trolling yourself. We are simply pointing out the fact that just because Daybreak said they would instance big raid targets, doesn't mean they are required to instance the quest mobs required to obtain the keys necessary to reach those big raid targets.

A better tone for this forum thread would be "Hey, we know that these kinds of things weren't originally intended to be instanced, but the community as a majority feels that the server would be better off if they were. We fear that many people will be turned off from the server if they can't compete to get the keying completed and will inevitably hurt the servers population." Rather than the current tone of this thread which is "Daybreak I can't believe you lied to us and told us there would be no bottlenecks, which i know you didnt say that but still im going to keep claiming you did. I don't have time for this! I have family, kids, work, I want to be able to complete all the expansions content in the first week of launch! I swear if you don't change this right now i will quit this game and never come back and all my friends are going to do the same!"

ps. you can read that last part in any stupid comical tone of voice that you think fits.
  19. Zanados Lorekeeper

This is what Absor stated on Page 3 of the Master PoP testing thread:

So, even if you want to argue that the original Phinigel "charter" does not specifically include the idea that the instances are there so people can access content without bottlenecks, it has been stated by a developer that the way they are implementing instances is to do so.

A large majority of the posts in both this thread and the master PoP thread were an attempt to show Absor that removing these mobs, which are the only viable (Come on- the "raid" giants drop 3 medallions each, and need 18-24 people to kill, don't make the argument that is viable. If they increased it so 24 people can do the raid instance giants and get keyed from it, it would also fix this problem) way to flag beyond Plane of Storms, is infact implementing a serious bottleneck, and against the stated view of instances for the server he himself professed.
  20. Guzzle Augur

/thread

Give us our instanced giants, DBG!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.