Plane of Storms Progression

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xoner, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atabishi Augur

My point is exactly the opposite. I don't care how other people choose to play. I don't care what DBG decides to do with PoP. It's their game. I'm cool with it either way and will play regardless of the outcome. If they put it all in instance, cool. If they don't, I'm prepared to camp the spawns as long as it takes to get myself keyed.

I'm calling out the people with the attitude that you are accusing me or others of. The people who are so egotistical to think that all players and DBG should conform to their style of play, and threatening to quit if they don't, attempting to hold anyone who disagrees hostage with their subscription. These same players who throw out arrogant comments and insults such as "if it makes you feel special" and "I'm sorry i have a life" at anyone who disagrees with them and says that maybe having some open world bottlenecks might be kind of fun, as if you are some how above anyone who plays this game more than you.
  2. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

For the most part this. I would wager that most people don't mind that element of healthy competition via progression race. Think of it like a 400 meter dash. It's not much for those participating to ask for when requesting a clean track and refs to at least SOMEWHAT pay attention, or pay some mind to reports of foul play. But when the race involves tripping, banana peels, and throwing sand in the eyes, it's just toxic garbage. It's not unreasonable to want a clean scenario.
  3. Machen New Member

Yes, this is exactly what any company that wants to stay in business should do. If the customer isn't satisfied with the product, the customer will stop buying it. It really is as simple as that.
  4. Picara New Member

Maybe this is why I'm confused. I would think that allowing people to instance the content would give people "more choice" and avoid having to "conform" to a certain play style.

I'm not about the melodramatics of I'll quit if I don't get my way, and im not suggesting anyone should be "forced" to instance content to progress. I would just like for both sides of the argument to have a solution that works for them, and it would seem instancing would do this

If I'm wrong on this please explain it to me because I'd like to understand it. How does instancing take away from your personal experience and can you see how it might benefit others who are limited on time?
  5. Atabishi Augur

The problem with that is you are trying to imply that you are the only customer, when you are not. You are also trying to imply that 100% of the player base, or even a majority of the player base posts on these forums and are all in agreeance with each other, which again is not the case. Are you trying to say that DBG should read Ladysoth's comment, in which she basically threatens to quit if she doesn't get her way, and then do whatever she wants?
    Are these the kind of hostage situations you want to try and encourage?

Instancing it won't take away from my experience to the point where I would get mad about it or even care more than just randomly having the thought of how fun it would have been for a couple days having to sit on mobs and DPS race, and then forget about it after a week. I can definitely see how instancing would benefit those with less time. I just hate when I read all these posts with people threatening to quit if they don't get their way, and insulting anyone who wants to play the game differently or even play the game more than them.
  6. Illusory Augur

Now that RadarX has pretty much made it clear (for the 3rd time) that Storms is up for grabs; you folks may want to make a pact between the many lesser guilds, draw guild straws, or prepare for total mayhem! :cool:
  7. Guzzle Augur

The point that you are missing, in your infinite wisdom, is that this server was billed on being instanced and devoid of most bottlenecks when it comes to raid progression, including socking and getting into the messy parts of DPS racing etc. This particular encounter goes against that entire philosophy and leaves a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths that came to this server under that, apparently, false pretense.

It is NOT crying and asking to be catered to, it is literally the reason people are here and now a bottle neck is being created, removing "group content" from raid instances. BUT! Taskmasters, commanders, and insignia droppers, all spawned in SSRA instances and they are all group targets. The problem is that this is all very inconsistent with the general philosophy of the server, and they went out of their way to create an intentional bottle neck by removing the keying giants, that drop NO OTHER LOOT, from the instances.

I don't see how you can really have any other arguments for what they did, if you understand the entire point of the server and the history of what has happened on the server. It's inevitable that they will reverse this decision after a week of PoP and then screw up instances again to some degree, causing people to lose a week or more of progression... again. That's the bigger problem here. If they had a track record of being able to make in-expansion changes without having them tested by the masses, maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal.
  8. Ryak Augur

Good Lord. If there's really so many people in favor of keeping this, why has not one of them posted here except you?

Appearently, you're doing one of the favorite pass-times I have seen on this forum and arguing a contrarian position just for and giggles.

Unfortunately for you, DBG's decisions lately have been so transparently bad for the community and the enjoyment of everyone on the server that practically no one has actually supported their side recently except contrarian trolls.

When you have the leaders of multilple of the biggest guilds on the server all posting, they know what their members want.

And in response to your earlier claim that these boards aren't representative, If there is any bias on these forums its a bias against the same casual players who will be hurt by this decision the most.

Most of the people here will get this key one way or the other. We are just looking out for the interests of the average player here (and yes also our own interest in not having to deal with the inevitable and unnecessary BS the process will involve)
  9. Atabishi Augur

Don't expose me in front of everyone! I had a good thing going here! Yes, any post I made saying they shouldn't be instanced, was more for just riling up those who threaten to quit if they don't get their way. Which is the part that I personally can't stand.

Other Unique Features for Phinigel:
    Raid Instancing
    The big raid targets from each expansion will be instanced. While bosses like Lady Vox, Lord Nagafen, and (/cough) Phinigel Autropos (hey, THAT’S where we got the name!) will still spawn out in the world, groups of players will ALSO be able to have these targets available to them via Raid Instances.
    The instanced raids’ targets have an account-wide 6.5 day lockout and will have the same difficulty as the non-instanced version of the raid target. Note that raid bosses on progression servers have had their difficulties increased since the launch of Ragefire

????? Quote me a post from a game developer adding to this saying that soloable/groupable mobs in each expansion that are required for keys would also all be instanced in every single expansion for the servers existence and I'll agree this goes against the philosophy of the server. This is what I read when I came to the server and only expected end game raid mobs to be instanced, because I didn't put words in DB's mouth. If certain mobs become a problem and lead them to instance it a week or two or whenever in to the expansion, then so be it.....but I don't feel as if I should expect it in each expansion.
  10. The Hated One Augur

The server was sold as instanced without having to poop sock things. This goes against what they advertised. This will likely be it for our small group of folks. We can't compete, nor want to compete, with the chaos that will ensue in PoS. I have better ways to spend my time and money. It just isn't worth the headache for zones that I have been to before. Also I don't really care what the people think that want the bottleneck, that is either all about selling stuff for kronos, RMT or c#ckblocking narcissism... ie "haha we are here and you are not, I got phat loots and you s@ck" which I could care less about. I came here to have fun, AS BILLED, not to hit a road block for 8-10 weeks as we wait for the big guilds and the sellers to get their fill before we get a shot...and im being optimistic about that 8-10 week number. VERY bad call on behalf of DBG. I completely agree with the people who are reprimanding them over this decision. This is not what the server was supposed to be or what it was sold to be.
  11. Machen New Member

She is not the only customer asking for this in this thread. Far from it. The vast majority of responders have been in support of the postorms giants spawning in aoc instances.
  12. The Hated One Augur

Atabishi that his horsepucky. There are lots of NON big bosses that are in the instances. SolB, UP, Ahkeva, Accrylia, Grieg, etc etc. There are non-raid bosses in each of them. JUST LIKE PoS and many of the other instanced zones in PoP will have. They are choosing not to spawn the PoS bosses for a reason. My guess is that they play are this server in a bigger guild and enjoy the c#ckblocking narcissism I was referring to in my post. There is no other logical reason to do it. Why piss off your customers? I have owned my own business for 23 years and this is not a path to success. Your reasoning is weak.
  13. Illusory Augur

Salty customers will continue to subscribe and there's a lot of krono buying to be had if things work out in DBG's favor.
  14. Atabishi Augur

Exactly, the vast majority of responders, which again is not enough people to warrant anything other than a small vocal minority. If you want change, get a couple thousand different phinny players posting on here and then your argument will stand.

Solb has naggy, UP has rumblecrush, doomshade, Akheva has shei event, accrylia has khati sha, grieg has...grieg. What do all these zones have in common? There are no keys to another raid zone that you can get in their entirety just from one of these zones, so the rest of the mobs being up upon zoning in to the instance are just part of the experience of clearing to the raid mob. DBG never promised that you would be able to instance entire keys/flags to raid zones with ease, you are putting those words in their mouth. They said "big" raid targets will be instanced, so since they didn't specify exactly which mobs they consider "big" in each expansion, it is up to them to decide what they consider "big" raid targets to be. They aren't breaking any promises that they made to you.
  15. bodes Augur

This. If the smaller/weaker guilds fall apart due to keying issues the whole server will suffer. It's great to see Thellonius and Ladysoth and in here fighting for changes, but it's a very real risk for that tier of raid guilds. If DBG doesn't make changes then the rest of the raid community will have to band together to keep plane of storms from becoming a guild-killer.
  16. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I'm really just skimming this thread at this point but the only small vocal minority I'm seeing here is you. I think it's been a couple pages since anyone else (unless you count RadarX) voiced an opinion favoring this model.

I think it would be different if PoStorms wasn't already receiving a pick zone.

This isn't exactly like Kunark but it's the closest example to draw from. In Kunark, it was possible (if rare) to get VP key pieces from Karnor's Castle and Dreadlands instances, because those zones also hosted the Venril Sathir and Gorenaire raids. The other zones that yielded VP key pieces didn't have instances, but you didn't see a 15 page thread about that, because it's not like these were instanced zones with the key pieces removed.

We're not asking Daybreak to instance a zone so we can get key pieces out of the instance. We're saying: you're already instancing this zone. It should work just like the base zone or other picks work.

This is a departure from the Classic - Luclin pattern. It's as absurd as if Sky key pieces had only dropped in open world Sky and not the pick zones.
    Kegwell and Jenarie like this.
  17. Atabishi Augur

Small vocal minority in the amount of people who posted on this thread relative to phinny's population size.

Also VP keys are a bad example I think because you couldn't get your entire VP key from one zone, and they weren't a guaranteed drop off the mob, and there were some pieces in zones that weren't instanced. I feel this is a different beast because the entire key is done in one zone and the medallions are guaranteed drop off the giants.

Again, I don't care which path they decide to go with. Instance or not. What I keep voicing is how I feel that people posting they will quit if they aren't instanced is rather lame.
  18. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Yes, but this proves nothing. There's no reason to believe that the distribution of opinion is proportionally different between the players who are vocal and those who are not. You're creating a straw man.
  19. Klang Lorekeeper

What to say? I'm stunned at how bad this is going to be for everyone. The , the training, and then what's going to happen - will this turn into the Seru key thing where some guy is selling pieces for a wad of Kronos? Training anyone that tries to camp the mobs?

I suppose the very few advocating this are thinking how awesome it will be to block the rest of the server from getting access to content - for some period. Maybe you want chaos? This is a really crowded server. It's going to be a madhouse in PoS.

The easiest way to settle how popular / unpopular this all is - put it up for a vote. Have the Phinigel server vote on this as a whole.
  20. Atabishi Augur

Exactly, it doesn't prove anything. It doesn't prove that the majority of the player base wants it in instance, which is what you claim based on popular opinion inside a singular forum thread, and it also doesn't prove that the majority doesn't want it in instance. Especially since a large amount of the people even posting in this thread you can see always complaining about everything in other threads. Being the logical guy I am, I feel it's safe to assume that the majority of players would prefer it in instance, but that's only an assumption and doesn't make me right. Also you, nor myself, have all the behind the scenes information. We are making assumptions on whats best for the server and DB based on incomplete information.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.