Plane of Sky revamped bosses

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jul 31, 2015.

1. taliefer Augur

another 15+ year warrior here, its over the top.

being one rounded was never a common occurrence, especially during classic and kunark. i don't think one rounded was a thing at all until Planes of power, with the exception of avatar of war, which if memory serves wasnt beaten at all until luclin and AA's originally.

the fights in old eq were far more about raid attrition than keeping one tank alive the entire time, untill velious.

that said, runeing a tank was common back in the old days, that i think alot of people have forgotten about on these servers.

1 sec ch rot, 1 sec rune rot, and 1 sec berserker spirit chain are the only chance you have of tanking. thats an absurd amount of work to cover just the tanking aspect, let alone any other mechanics.

you then time a dt swap for every death touch
    Simone likes this.
  2. Detheb Augur

Actually, close to doing Mayong without Banes while having OMM's missed mask click buff on. Thats a more accurate description.
    Porygon likes this.
  3. Mulerien Elder

If only there were berzerkers chain dying...
  4. Zaknaffein Augur

I don't mean Discs when I say tricks, I know classic has pretty much nothing to work with as a warrior. you have to go into the event knowing most of the tanks are going to die on events like this. Use pets (Pet Agro) to your advantage, Use the serverside Tick to your advantage. Don't just stand still while you tank, move in/out range between rounds, this is only a few seconds worth of time that you move in/out of range mind you, not a tick(6seconds). Use Gina triggers to time out the DT. Use those runes non stop, (Again more gina triggers to help with keeping them on the tank) Paladins rangers druid shamans spot heal, don't use all the clerics to CH rot. dedicated rezzer/buffer. DA /shield. Few other things I can think of off the top of my head.

You know the deal though ~ and how much a warrior who knows what they are doing is > than just a warrior in good gear.
  5. Detheb Augur

The problem is, can be hit twice and die. These mobs are doing more DPS than Ele gods, at level 50. Cleric mana becomes a real problem. Even with Runes on, you can still be 1 rounded. The fact is, there is overpowered, and then there is this. Even if you know what you're doing(Which trust me, not every tank does), it means absolutely nothing. You're also contending with the DoT which does work on an entire raid.

Which comes back to the original point. Right now, using anything other than pets is just a bad idea. These buffs were implemented so that everything wouldn't just be a "pet wall" yet, they've basically made it so thats the only way for guilds to succeed.
    skattabrainz likes this.
  6. Zaknaffein Augur

Sounds like fun to me, I always enjoy a challenge in EQ!
  7. Simone Augur

There is challenge and there is force everyone in the guild to power level mages as the only viable strategy. Challenge is fine; what Daybreak has done is absurd.
  8. Vlerg Augur

if you enjoy a challenge, you'd be asking for actual interesting mechanics... not a stupid hard hitting boss than can 1 round people.
    Simone and Silv like this.
  9. Zaknaffein Augur

Challenging content comes in different shapes and sizes so to speak. The fact that a lot are complaining about this event in particular tells me it is a challenge at the moment for most guilds, Ie they have trouble beating it.

Challenging content can be simon says type events that require 54 people to create a bunch of GiNA triggers, or it can just be a single boss that hits like a mac truck, or it can be an add fest or an AE fest, or a positional fest... there's been a lot of different ways Sony has made challenging content and each type is a challenge in it's own ways.

I like any content that isn't a push over and actually requires a raid force to work together and pay attention in order to beat the encounter. When there are people I know writing about how absurd this particular event is I take notice, but that's because it sounds like fun and when you beat an event as diffiuclt as this it's more rewarding. Hence my comment about enjoying challenging content.

I am curious about what the raids you guys are taking in look like, the class distribution and amount. that AE can be cured right? The more I hear about how tough this raid is the more i am tempted to start up on ragefire earlier than I had planned to.
  10. Detheb Augur

Zak, the same one from Fippy TL correct? If so, you'll hopefully respect me when i say that This isn't just "Challenging Content". Challenging content was TRC or OMM. This is Uqua pre-any fixes, or better yet, Tunat pre-omens. It's very possible to do it, but unless half your raid is clerics, tanking isn't even remotely efficient, and even then, would still be inefficient, because every melee dps/pet is only doing 60% of their potential DPS, while casters are doing 0% of their potential DPS, on a mob that has 120k hitpoint, and the melee dps of Elemental Gods in PoP.

It can be done, it's been done multiple times, but there is no reason a mob in classic requires either 100+ People, or 40 pet classes to kill. They made a general "Sweep" to buffing the raid mobs, which they've apparently applied to Kunark aswell, that just doesn't make sense.

The encounter either needs to be retuned(Btw, PoSky was hard enough pre-buff, as evidence that only a handful of guilds beat Bee's before the buffs), or they're just making things extremely difficult to piss off their customer base on purpose. Problem being, they're really understaffed, which is why non-tested "Buffing" occurred in the first place.
    skattabrainz and Simone like this.
  11. Lateryn Augur

Pretty much what deth said. It's not any particular one thing, its a combination of things, for bees(and sky in general). It doesn't help that almost all the bosses are completely immune to magic. You lose a ton of dps right there. Bees would still be tough as hell but a lot more balanced if casters could actually land spells on them.

Same with efreetis(which 1 of them is impossible to tank and the other is close to bee level).

These fights just take so long, cause of HP, mitgation buff and no magic damage , that healer mana runs dry(From healing, rezzing, etc)

Thus why all these changes did was make pet wall the only viable option. You do DT rotations, and clerics only spend mana on rez , dru/shm heal rezzed targets while mages just chain pets for cheapo mana. The rest of the raid sits and watches as they are just a liability if they do anything.

I can't imagine playing a wiz in sky atm, you are literally useless outside of porting people up and taking DTs.
    skattabrainz, Jarbaal and Simone like this.
  12. Simone Augur

Yep that's pretty much the wizard's job port people up and eat the DT. If Wizards weren't required for getting into Plane of Sky and Plane of Hate there would no need for guilds to recruit the class at all
  13. Banuvan Augur

Bees are the devil.
  14. Funktions Lorekeeper

Have any devs commented on the state of PoSky?

I think most can agree, especially with the provided parses, that the island bosses around 4 and on are a little over board. I feel like KoS is tuned in such a way that it feels like what I would expect one of the final targets to be, so personally it just feels like the islands should scale to that as a final mark.

That's just personal opinion and others may be fine with DMG and HP going beyond that since more is obviously still manageable, but the issue still stands that bees and overseer are just absurd.

I have scoured the forums and cannot find a single dev comment interacting with the community regarding this content. It would be nice to have some info relayed to us regarding the ideas or plans the devs have moving forward.

Can we please get some insight?
    Jarbaal likes this.
  15. Zaknaffein Augur

The one and only Detheb.

I don't doubt the validity of your assessment on these particular raids here, I just like having one or two raids per expansion that is absurd like this one sounds to be. I like a challenge personally and even started up my toon a little earlier than I had planned on RF because these kind of raids sound fun to me.

If no one was was able to kill it then ya by all means change it, but it seems like it can be killed at the moment, but it's just annoying/tough and the best strat is to pet wall which is kinda lame, but that's because pets are way too overpowered from the botched Boost to pets a few years ago to the game that really needs to be fixed.

I doubt you will hear anything from a dev though, or if you do I doubt anything will be changed anytime soon as I imagine the Devs are working on the next expansion now (Campaign?) So by the time they have any time to look over PoSky mobs again Kunark will be out and you will have 10 more levels, discs, and epics (Rez stick) which I would assume would make this raid a bit more easier to handle, you will have moved on to Kunark raids by then most likely and not care so much about this anymore but have Veeshans peak raids to key for and to play with and die to ~
  16. skattabrainz Augur

as a druid on this fight, i can say that spamming my heal, which (a) only heals 1/3 of 1 hit and (b) is all i can do because my detrimental spells dont land, makes me feel hella useless. on protector i can cast my dots and spot heal, etc.

poor wizzes are literally blank against boss4. its beyond dumb.
  17. Simone Augur

The buffs applied to the bosses failed to solve the problems they were meant to address. Either they need to rethink these buffs and put in more sensible ones or just return the mobs back to their original states.

No one signed up to play MageQuest. People want to play progression server EverQuest; they don't want to play revamped EverQuest. Fix the game but don't change the game.