Plane of Sky revamped bosses

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I like a challenging raid, but these are a bit over the top. For reference, a fully buffed 50 Warrior has 4-4.5k HP.

I don't have data for the other bosses, but here's The Hand of Veeshan:

Damage/Time: (923 DPS)

[IMG]

DI spread: (max hit 2595)

[IMG]

For comparison, here's a boss that does lower DPS and has a lower max hit than the Hand:

[IMG]

Here's a similar one I was able to find up:

[IMG]

It's common for bosses on regular servers to potentially one or two round tanks; however, at level 105 we have many, many abilities we can use to save people and prevent that from happening. In classic, we have ~3 second heals, no defensive discs or anything of the sort. These seem quite difficult for the reward; I think some amount of challenge is great, but the max hit (on top of 45 second DTs) is overdoing it.
    Frenzic, Silv, Voodu_The_Ogre and 2 others like this.
  2. Croak Augur

Give that pet some armor ;)
  3. Hellaciouss Journeyman

Over-buffed you say? Nay! Nay I say! You must re-strategize! I hear tanking with a literal wall of mage pets is the best strategy here! Do you want to be #1 like TL? Then you know what you must do! Use and abuse the current god-like class of the mage!
  4. Vlerg Augur

Revamping those bosses with actual abilities that would make them more complicated ( require actual strategy, while also negating mage pet army) would be too much trouble ; adds, emote, vulnerabilities swapping or anything of the sort... all daybreak can do with their limited ressource is merely buffing their HP-mitigation-damage...

good new is we know what buffed kunark will look like... bad news is: it's exactly the same bosses, except you need enough cleric to CH at every hit instead of every 3 hit, and you need 3 time the DPS to kill the boss before your healers go OOM.

or pet wall them while the mages find a cozy spot to LoS the AoEs.
  5. Hedgehog734 Journeyman

Excellent post with actual data! I think the changes to Naggy/Vox/CT/Inny are pretty cool and just right for guilds that wish to raid. I completely agree with you 100% that the sky mobs are just straight ridiculous. I hope for the server's sake that epic mobs in Kunark will not be hitting as hard as Tunat in Tacvi but who knows judging by this gross over tuning!
    Voodu_The_Ogre likes this.
  6. Hendar2 Augur

Just wait until you see the revamped Fennin. Zonewide AE deathtouch every 5 sec.
  7. Hedgehog734 Journeyman

LOL! sounds about right!
  8. Arya1 Lorekeeper

I find it hilarious and quite ironic that people were complaining so much about pet walling and now DBG goes and makes it so that there's basically no other strategy to kill some mobs.
  9. taliefer Augur

all of the changes were obviously done with little thought to actually balancing them.
  10. Zaknaffein Augur

Sounds to me like you guys just need some real warriors ~
  11. RainbowTest Augur

I don't really like the revamping of the raid bosses. I prefer my raiding guild a nice healthy 30-50 people not 100 during an actual raid. I also don't like the difficulty being way past the value of the rewards. Maybe in Kunark things will be a lil less pet wally centric.
    Voodu_The_Ogre likes this.
  12. Asheran Augur

The solution is simple...the buff should be adjusted so that all raid mobs only hit for 2x their original damage, rather than 3x. 3x is overkill, and makes some mobs untankable. In fact, 3x makes some of the minis in Hate stronger than any pre-buff boss in the game (Avatar of Abhorrence flurries for 830...).

2x still kills mage pets quickly, but makes them player tankable. There is NO amount of melee damage that cannot be petwalled. Even if the mobs flurried for 2,000,000,000, people could still pet wall them. They would just 1 shot a pet each round, and move on to the next, but people could still resummon faster than the boss could kill them all. With 2x, mage pets still will have a decent chance of being 1 or 2 rounded...very little will change there from 3x. As it stands, air pets in sky really have very little health. When they survive a round, it is almost always due to avoidance rather than mitigation.

If the 3x stays, then things are really going to be strange once we hit Velious. Avatar of War will capable of 1 rounding the best geared warriors, with defensive disc up, and a 1 second CH \ Rune rotation. Kinda like Overseer of Air right now.

At the same time, petwalling will work, but unlike Overseer of Air, an AOW with his increased health \ dmg reduction, will take multiple hours to kill, even with a raid full of mages.

With 2x, AoW becomes very difficult to tank, but possible with defensive disc + tank switching as disc ends. Actually, that is the way he was killed originally. Also, the DPS of melee with Velious gear, wizard, etc., will make the fight long, as it was intended to be, but not multi-hour. This would be a much more balanced approach.
  13. Hedgehog734 Journeyman

Or they can just add some of the already used mechanics in EQ such as a pet being a main target of the raid boss = 1 shot. Then they could get rid of all this business of mitigating damage and hitting as hard as Planes of Power mobs in classic.
  14. kingoftheworld New Member

A poorly done alteration unless the aim was to make mages more valuable.
  15. Realitycheck Elder

We obviously won't know until Velious but here's hoping the buff was institued due to classic/kunark mobs only having a max of 32K HP and that it won't be implemented onto mobs in Velious that, with the changes to the fundamentals of the game make them easy enough, but nonetheless are already capable of wiping a raid even without the buff.
  16. Trevalon Augur

I have to agree...

I just cannot fathom how they got so many complaints about Mages, then the buff the dragons and IN the announcement they basically say: "You have to actually use classes besides mages now"

and then they go and buff the rest of the mobs to the point that Mage pets are really the only viable and if not the only viable the only logical way of killing these mobs.

lol, I can only imagine this is not what they intended, but I don't see how they didn't see this coming.

My question to Prathun, Roshen, and Holly are, is this what you intended? If it is not, then you need to change it, because it is beyond ridiculous that 150 man raids struggle where 40 mages yawn there way to victory.
    Hendar2 and kingoftheworld like this.
  17. Hendar2 Augur

The dragons can be killed without tons of mages. I'm not entirely sure that the Queen Bee can.
  18. Qflex Journeyman

I support this thread.

As a warrior both on Live and TLP.
    On TLP right now, not only tanks but ALL melee classes are suffering really hard, because they dont have the chance to play!

Please think of another strat DB, even if you guys give the mobs 10x the ammount of HP, it will at least allow the other classes to have fun.

<Senior Officer of Modest Man>
    Qflexx
  19. Antonico Journeyman

I've been thinking about this a bit, it feels like PoSky has been tuned for Kunark, not the classic-ish we have now. Any thoughts?
  20. -wycca Augur

Original Posky was the same. So would fit. As to how it was actually done - dunno.