Plane of Innovation Forage Table Broken / Empty?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FrozenWater, May 15, 2021.

1. FrozenWater Augur

I'm not normally the type to spend time foraging, so I'm not sure if this is a bug or just normal. But I spent hours in PoI last night trying to forage up some Clockwork Grease. According to a 2005 post on that page (so only PoI was live of the list of forage zones currently available, I think?) I can probably expect about about a 20% forage rate for that item. Admittedly that's a small sample size in the scheme of things, but I am literally at 100% for foraging "Roots". After hours!

Since I always left the foraging to those weird druid folk I don't know if this is normal, or if something is broken, or ... maybe there is some other dark hippie magic I am unaware of that I need to be doing.

Does anyone have some knowledge they can smack me around the head with?

I am 300/300 in foraging on a bard in case that matters.

Cheers!
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The grease was never a good drop in POI - I got most of mine in DSH - there are a lot of other zones listed there. And iirc I got a lot by killing all those stupid clockwork guys in Steam Factory
  3. FrozenWater Augur

I am now in Fortress Mechanotus with a similar problem. All Roots, nothing else.

Someone was cool enough to just give me the grease, so it's not a problem of acquiring it now, I'm just curious if forage is currently borken?
  4. Bigstomp Augur

When I need grease I usually go to gyrospire beza. Mash the forage button when it's up and otherwise mass slaughter clockworks.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

I think it's extremely rare on the forage table, but if you mass slaughter in that zone, you'll get quite a few as drops.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Agree with this 100% - I would never try to get enough thru forage. But as far as killing goes you will get the drops. In fact the first time I got one thru forage I was shocked - didn't know that was the way other players got them

Forage is not broke - just the rng.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  7. FrozenWater Augur

Ok, bit of an update ...

I took my main in there and he is foraging the Clockwork Grease like a champion -- I have 34 already. He is also foraging Piles of Rust and some Phosphorescent Goop. Absolutely no Roots.

On my alts however, including the bard from my OP, they are all foraging Roots exclusively. There is definitely something up, though it may still not be a bug, it might be intended for some reason. My only thought so far is my main completed his PoP flagging back when it was current content, while none of my alts have any PoP flags.
  8. Frogbert New Member

If you are hungry/thirsty, you will forage water/roots. Make sure you have a stack of fresh fish and water flasks (or whatever) in your inventory and your forage returns will improve.
    yepmetoo and Tatanka like this.
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Tunare bless the hippies, for they shall truly rule Norrath ... with their 'smoking flower magic'!
    Tatanka likes this.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

My foraging "team" is a 115 ranger, a 106 druid, and a 95 druid. The ranger is max forage skill/AA; the 106 druid has all the AA, but isn't quite max skill; the 95 druid is nowhere near max AA/skill.

The ranger and 106 druid forage the uncommon/rare stuff like champs (with the luck stat, the ranger sometimes forages three of whatever I'm looking for). The other druid barely forages any of the non-standard items for that zone.

So, AA/skill definitely helps get the rare stuff.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  11. FrozenWater Augur

It seems like this was it! Thanks! Today I learned ... dark hippie magic :)
    MasterMagnus likes this.