Plane of Hate: Revisited

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rickate, May 15, 2018.

1. Rickate Augur

The only faction hits I got were Enemies of Tranquility -1 from trash and -2 from Lord of Ire the only mini-named I killed.

EQ Resource: Wilcher Rifunuse - This vendor contains items that need to be unlocked by raising faction from killing mobs in the Plane of Fear: Revisted or Plane of Hate: Revisted.

Is that just an incorrect word on a 3rd party site (lowering/raising)? Am I missing out on a faction hit because I'm Level 76? Am I missing out on a faction quest for Plane of Hate? Do I have to kill Maestro+ mobs to raise the faction?

Assuming that's the only faction hit, how many raid clears did it take to unlock all items on Wilcher? Is Lord of Ire unitemized or do some/all minis only drop loot some of the time?

Is there some reason TBM raid trash drops a worse aug (3 dam/1 BS, req 75) for Gold players than Seeds of Destruction trash (4 dam/2 BS and 3 dam/2 BS, req 65, rec 75)?

[46289] Impotent Rage
    Target: Single
    Range: 1200'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 96s+ (16 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Decrease Current HP by 17220 per tick
    2: Decrease Movement Speed by 60%

It sort of scales but not really, at Level 76 I still lose ~11k per tick (DoT Shielding) but then also gain back most of that health which is sort of the same because I have 50khp (30k unbuffed, 110 Focus, Assurance) but definitely isn't the same for Level 76 players who can upgrade with Plane of Hate non-aug drops where ~11k is going to drop players unconscious from somewhere around half health and kill them if they take any damage before they regain the health presumably because of some spell scaling mechanic.

Because it's Plane of Hate I would have half a dozen or so tics of Impotent Rage before any mobs reached me who would have a chance to trigger Incapable Health which is "only" 2084 per tick, so my regen is somewhere around 1k per tick mostly from Talisman of the Unwavering 899 per tick and I was slowly losing health so I'd guess the net result is around 2k per tick from Impotent Rage at Level 76.

There is basically no precedent for what it "should" be, Guardian of the Fourth Prime (Solteris Mini) has a 5k DoT that is viral but I'm pretty sure Lord of Ire is group content.
  2. Rickate Augur

Lord of Loathing down.

[46298] Creeping Darkness
    Viral Range: 30', Recast: 3s to 3s
    Resist: Poison -950, Min Resist Chance: 10%, Max Resist Chance: 60%
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 1.5s
    Duration: 2m+ (20 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Decrease Current HP by 39185
    2: Decrease Current HP by 13100 per tick

Same issue, after the fight ended was alternating between 22k and 14k so non-scaled damage, then whatever scaling mechanic returns 7k hp along with 1k regen.

Barbed Royal Impaler [146642]
    DMG: 91+1 (64 unaugged) Delay: 32
    Slot 1, type 4: 7 damage
    Slot 2, type 5: 3 damage (4dam would increase delay to 40)
    Slot 3, type 6: 14 damage
    Slot 4, type 9: 3+1 damage

Paragon's Claymore at Level 76 is 109/30 so depending on rounding rules 115 or 116/30 once you aug it. Plane of Hate: Revisited is apparently intended as a place to gear up so you can go back and take on Oceangreen content.
  3. Riou EQResource

Think that specific faction should technically indeed be lowering instead of raising
  4. segap Augur

It's not raid trash, it's group trash. Despite their recent removal of mercs from the zone, it's a mishmash of group and raid content. To do the raid content, you need to clear out the group content first.

The exact same augs you see dropping also drop at 105. They're endemic of the awful (layoffs/tight schedule/TLP development all ate away resources and the whole expansion showed such) group itemization for the TBM expansion. Opening up the vendors just opens them up for group items. You get better group items from the progression vendor than the planes vendor. You're better off doing the HAs if you're trying to gear up in TBM content.
  5. Rickate Augur

LOL, Avatar of Abhorrence

[46288] Muscle Spasm
    Resist: Poison, No Sanctification
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 5m+ (50 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Increase Poison Counter by 108805
    2: Decrease Movement Speed by 60%
    3: Decrease Current HP by 27120 per tick
  6. Rickate Augur

Is TBM Maestro similar to Maestro, HP locks and adds?
  7. Rickate Augur

49797 damage from the PoFear fire wall and it bypasses Rune. It may be % based damage, I have 51061hp.
  8. Rickate Augur

Lost ~100 faction killing every "group" named and getting every trash lockout in Hate and Fear and can see everything on Wilcher.

[46265] Stone Breath
    Resist: Unresistable
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 12s
    1: Stun for 12s
    2: Decrease Current HP by 11375

Having a mob that hangs around Draco and casts that a lot drop the only good piece of loot in the zone (Mottled Gorgon Feather) is pretty annoying. Killing 21 mobs that are always up for a 32 slot bag isn't terrible, since I can't use a Merc I can even get 71 other people the bag each week while I farm the augs.

The difficulty of the mobs and the quality of the drops lack overlap. The DDs are ticklish at best to the intended audience so are manageable even at low levels if your group can handle the melee output of the mobs.
  9. EnchFWO Augur

I'm not sure which version you are talking about (gonna guess 70-80 from OP) but if it's just a scaled version of the max then you'll also have to deal with silence/mana drain AEs. You are correct on the lock + adds.

A lot of environment effects or static "item" npcs (like a box/rack/catapult) don't scale and you'll get the top level version - in your case, Lv 105. This probably would be considered a bug but it also doesn't come up enough that it might not be worth taking the time to fix. Fair? Not really.

The scaling group/raid zones of TBM Hate/Fear were kindof a flop and stupidly cheezable if you were after the raid mobs... hopefully they never try this model again.