Plane of Growth trash dropping Vulak Loot needs to be fixed ASAP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by JohnnyBgood, Aug 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QelynEQ New Member

Thank you very much for letting us know what's going on. I get that a certain amount of stuff needs to be kept under wraps, as that's part of the fun of the server. But having someone tell us that there's something wrong, they are fixing it, and what we can expect, that is huge. Seriously, massive kudos for the communication. <3
    Stymie, Duder and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  2. ShaggyG Lorekeeper

Now will you be nice enough to make ST drop both pre and post awakening stuff even after awakening so 99% of the server isn't left out on that loot. Had high hopes for getting some pre-awakened stuff on this server.
  3. Trammie Surprise Apprentice

I'm loving this server thank you for creating this unique experience.
  4. Touching-Mischief New Member

[IMG]

was an awesome surprise for killing the first AoW!
  5. Sunriver Journeyman

These plans sound super reasonable. Please don't go overboard in restricting much further, though! The chaos is fun.

I would think new CT could go with general NToV stuff -- he has some blah drops and some really good ones, like a lot of NToV bosses.
    Lilliee likes this.
  6. ShaggyG Lorekeeper

Ya, CT himself would be great to share loot, brain would be awesome off of ntov stuff. The minis dropping 1.0 loot and splitting with everything is kind of a pita though.
  7. Triconix Augur

Can probably group Cazic with Tunare, Vulak, and AoW or with whatever King Tormax is grouped with.
  8. verbatim Elder

Thanks for the update!
  9. Finchy Augur

Thanks Ngreth. Any chance of any type of ETA to when these adjustments will go out? It appears some of it was hotfixed live last night, but you think what you describe here would be at some point today or tomorrow?
  10. Dadcop Lorekeeper

Lots of ways to clump these but isolating individuals mobs doesn't feel to be within the spirit of the server
  11. taliefer Augur

awesome. I am enjoying this server personally, knowing it would need tweaking as we go.

do these changes require a patch? cause waiting a month would be unfortunate.
    Cassiera and Trammie Surprise like this.
  12. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Why was Venril Sathir, and everything else dropping Phara Dar loot working as intended, but now in Velious we effectively have three tiers of loot?

The large one that seems to include things it really shouldn't like Lodizal (Derakor the Vindicator dropped Lodizal's items, and Lodizal dropped Derakor's yesterday), the AoW/Tunare/Vulak group, and Sleeper's Tomb?

And by the way, Sleeper's Tomb keys are looking like it's going to be harder to get than it should be. I think most people were expecting the dragons to drop the keys as normal, but they are just in the same loot pool as everything else.
  13. verbatim Elder

I think they got a lot of feedback about the way kunark's uniform randomization impacted raiding the last few months and have made adjustments.
  14. uk6999 Augur

If you want to make 95% ish of the server happy minus the people that RMT to pay their rent or enjoy grief'ing: Make both versions of ST gear have a chance to drop in ST off MoTM mobs and do that going forward on future TLP's.

The other stuff mention feels sort of lazy attempt to fix some loot issues. I get Velious is only two months and this is a experiment server but it really took some of the gas out of the server for me reading it. PoG mini's dropping Yelinak loot actually was ok with me since Yelinak loot minus the talisman and head that werent dropping anyway is mostly so-so at best. Now that they drop crap again everyone will just go back to cheesing Tunare and skipping the rest of the zone.
  15. FranktheBank Augur

Where will Yeli, Dain, Tormax fall in the tiers? They should probably be with that Tunare tier.
  16. Machen New Member

Dain being in the same tier as aow makes no sense.
    Wyre Wintermute and Triconix like this.
  17. SkieWynd New Member

Removing randomization as a solution on the randomized loot server seems like it's going to kill the entire theme of the server. ST isn't randomized? PoF isn't randomized? Vulak, AoW, Tunare, as the only mobs on a table?... you get multiple loot tables per kill; three mobs is hardly randomization with this plan.

If you want to ensure there's still benefit for killing the higher tier raid mobs, weight their odds of dropping amount of loot higher (e.g., 4-5 instead of 1-5 tables). That, paired with cleaning up some of the mobs that aren't dropping raid items (i.e., the spell only mobs you mentioned) fixes many of the problems while still maintaining the reason for the server - random loot.
    Quiver likes this.
  18. Triconix Augur

Agree.

Conceptually, Tormax Dain and Yelinak should be their own table since they are the three leaders of the three primary SOV factions.

Lumping Cazic with AoW and Tunare would make sense as the physical embodimrnts/avatars of Gods in Norrath. Throw Vulak in there since he's the head dude of temple of Veeshan. He's as close to being a God as a dragon can get without actually being on.
  19. Imdead Augur

In fairness, neither did VS's shared loot table but it was fun.
  20. Imdead Augur

I would also ask for a reconsider of the ST shared loot table situation. VP shared loot tables outside of the locked dungeon and I think it was enjoyed by most of the server. Adding ST drops to the shared tables would give a better opportunity for all on the server to enjoy some of the loot and also is in keeping with the spirit of this server which is not about "exclusive" loot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.