Plane of Growth trash dropping Vulak Loot needs to be fixed ASAP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by JohnnyBgood, Aug 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tweakfour17 Augur

Can we change mischief and leave Thornblade alone? For science of course.
  2. Gnothappening Augur

But is that working as intended? Judging by the fact that Ngreth took a look at it and is changing things, I would think not. That is also the entire back and forth of this thread.

Am I salty? Not really. I personally would like it changed, even though that keeps me from getting easy gear. With the help of a friend or two, we can down mobs that can be handled with 24, or I should say will be able to handle those once rangers get to be great in Luclin. The power of /assist Bob, /autofire is not to be ignored. So yeah, having top level gear dropping from baby raid mobs would overall help me gear up my guys, but I still don't think it should be that way. In the end though, it will be DPG that decides.

I guess if anything I get annoyed by the bread line players that want to log in once a week for an hour and have max level and gear.
  3. Gnothappening Augur

Only if they didn't allow xfers. Then at least the bread lines would need to relevel.
  4. Apri New Member

That's not what I said. I said we didn't struggle with keying for VP, having to fight people for ground spawns, etc.
    We definitely earned what gear we received from the Kunark dragons.
    The main takeaway should have been that this server is amazing for small scale groups, with the rules that were set in place. Forcing people to raid in 54-72 man raids isn't what this server is all about. Being able to play with a handful of friends and still get gear is very relaxing and less stressful than having to be on 'x' days a week at 'x' time to earn 'x' dkp so that you can get gear.
  5. ShaggyG Lorekeeper

You can probably do tormax with 30 people, he's on vulak table, yeli probably less, also on that table, there are still targets for small raids.
  6. Gnothappening Augur

They don't really want to put in any effort at all. If it can't be killed with 12 accounts, it is too hard.
  7. Hythos Augur

Except everyone can obtain BIS gear at L1 by purchasing it...
    Argument is invalid.

I'll say again, no one has yet provided a good argument in favor of tiers.

The reason is, because with fewer people being able acquire more desireable gear, the value of those pixels are higher.

Guess what, I can have an e m u l a t o r with max level characters and max gear within one minute of logging in. How does that make you feel?
  8. Hythos Augur

I would hope that everyone could get any piece of gear they would want, as easily as possible.
    Many of us have wasted YEARS of our lives chasing pixels, all because we've had that carrot on a stick.
    We've wanted to be able to see more content in-era - even if just once - at least before it gets revamped;
    Having gear with +HP per piece is a step up from having GEBS as a best piece, or maybe having finished the epic.
    Being able to see / experience something that's been out of reach, and now haing ALMOST the right opportunity for the rest of us, still seems to be too much to ask for because others feel their bottom line - Krono farming - is jeopardized.

So guess what, someone having any item impacts someone else (IE, you - any of you) in such an insignificant way. The satisfaction of looting a new item of considerable usefulness is leaps and bounds more enjoyable than purchasing it from someone who - by yous guys' own admission - is easy, and trivial (many references available upon request), even if it qill be trash by Luclin (again, own admission of certain people).

There is no competition here. For once in your everquest careers, is it that painful to be cooperative, helpful, and ...happy, for / towards others?
    Dono27 likes this.
  9. Gnothappening Augur

Not sure I know that that is. Is that what p 99 is? If so, the people running that server already do stuff like that. One reason I would never play on those servers.
  10. Abundant Elder

Umm this random loot is absolutely silly and not MMO. Enjoy your what should be 1 random loot server. If they ever do something this odd again there should be a more proper standard server alongside. These changes to EQ are all being asked by non-real EQr's and people who think once mercs were in EQ anything meant a single thing. Any top player went to emulated 2008-2009+. For what it's worth too emulated is taking a massive amount of subs from here too/should be strongly looked at for shutdown by EG7/DBG, and I only play TLP now that it came out. Am happy to have any server, but lets not get exceptionally carried away. EQ is meant to be more standard. Off the beaten track/change everything stuff should be done very rarely. Why are people trying to fix what isn't broken lol.

Be nice to see folks stop advocating for the destruction and change of anything actually MMO, original, or sandbox maybe. Everyone's been spoon-fed simple dumbed down gaming so long, and you guys just continually want it more and more easy. If everyone gets everything easily just no different than console or RPG. I also would support what you said btw with the non ST loot dropping outside, it should. Having said that random loot is absurd and not MMO. It's legit pitiful. Standard is just too hard for a lot of horrific gamers, most of which never even appreciated real MMOs like early day EQ, DAOC, UO, and a handful of others.
  11. Hythos Augur

The Mischief rule-set is a product I feel EQ should have been since the beginning.
    To create something as it was in the original form could actually be seen as immoral at least, even unethical, due to addictiveness that's close to gambling.

Remember any of those stories about players' families breaking up, or some rare occurrences of people dieing, over addicted gameplay? Remember why it was (and may still be) called evercrack?
    Providing a desirable product *responsibly* is important.

** Edit - To touch on a couple points..
    By MMO, do you mean RPG? 'cause it would still qualify as massive multiplayer online.
    If by RPG, one defining characteristic in games, is if you can interact with surroundings like sitting in a chair in the world. EQ is also an RPG.
    Emulated servers are great. However, recieving payment for something without licensing or royalties is not fair to the creator. Iterated work is still in a gray area, because many players who are on those other servers, won't go through DPG servers anyway (the toxicity of the population is quite a deterrent).

What many people have been experiencing is enjoyment from access to highly desired material somewhat driven by (now) 20-year-old nostalgia, in a way that's just not available in any other product (game) (that I know of).
  12. MischiefMan147 New Member

I understand that there was some kind of progression in place that we are going to be reflecting in the loot now... but people woke the sleeper and want 115kr for pre-awoken-only loot, and the auction channel is still ridiculously overpriced on most items...

I think I'm going to stop raiding for now and just see how this pans out... I don't care so much about gearing my characters that I'm going to quit my job, or let unemployed people in huge raiding guilds sell me the loot that only they can earn because they're downing 30 targets a week.

My small raiding guild could get a few chances at big loot on our one two-hour raid a week, the way it has been this first week. That was a blast. Going back to a more raid-centric tier system is just boring. I might as well play live, or just move on to newer games. The loot in Kunark was phenomenal. 4 tiers of loot in Velious sounds overly complicated and like pandering to hardcore raiders.

RIP this game. We'll see if it stays interesting, but as long as people want huge amounts of Krono for loot that has been dropping SUPER frequently, and now we're going to make that loot even rarer....? I don't think there's much more life left in this TLP. The casual crowd is what keeps things rolling, and we are modifying the ruleset to be less friendly to casuals. Even if you made it two-tiers for boss/mini, that would be far more casual friendly than four tiers that keep the best loot for only the biggest raiding guilds.
  13. MischiefMan147 New Member

Why can't you just leave the lower tier mobs dropping the same as it is now, while removing the lower tier loot from the higher tier? Let the small and casual guilds still earn a few of the best pieces, but reward the hardcore raiders with not getting trash loot from the big mobs. Win/win.
    Dono27 likes this.
  14. Kazzuk Elder

Umm, EQ absolutely has "Tiers" and always has from Kunark on, with each expansion from there on it is only more pronounced as well. I am sorry to break this new to you after 20+ years but yes, EQ has "Tiers."
  15. Kazzuk Elder

Also proof you in fact need to log into the game and actually... CON a mob, it tells you much more than just its level, pretty much completely invalidating your argument, it also tells you its difficulty, some can be defeated one on one, some are "rare" creatures, some require considerable effort, some are dangerous, some will take a group to defeat, some an army, etc.... all of this is also seen when you con a target.

How did you put it.... "lawyered"... more like, debunked....
  16. Atomos Augur

rofl what, if anything it's the other way around, P99 players are finding out that TLP is a WAY better experience than era and are coming here. You can see the actual population numbers on P99's website and they don't at all compare to TLP numbers.

P99 only has 2 benefits over TLP, those being free to play, and play nice policy. But TLP has an extensive list of quality of life changes and just straight up different game design, which tips the scale way more in favor of TLP.

P99 population has been steadily dropping for a long time. The launch of the newer green server gave it a brief boost but it was short winded.
  17. Abundant Elder

Excuse you? TLP was nothing before Phinny dude. I played phinny/the last 6 tlps. I said p99 2009-2015ish was the place to be for top tier EQr's. The only other place was vztz emulated/maybe PEQ emulated. Live literally meant nothing after 2009 to anyone of half a brain or life. Smh, reading comprehension pal. Try it sometime.

P99 is mostly trash/has slowly gone downhill ever since Phinny came out and should/needs to be shutdown as pirated material taking away potential subs from this company the real owner of EQ.
  18. Numiko Augur

lol, I was in one of those P99 lead guilds on phinny and it was fine up till GoD opened up .. .then boom! the entire leadership team quit saying "oh we dont know anything about these raids! bye!"

Yea top EQ players up to PoP maybe but after that they were total newbs. :rolleyes:
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

The same people who keep posting how great they are on a 20+ year old game... :rolleyes:
  20. Atomos Augur

You need to make up your mind. You claimed P99 was taking players away from TLP. But you also said P99 is mostly trash/gone downhill. It can't be both, so which is it?

P99 has an agreement with DBG, which is between DBG and P99, and not you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.