Plane of Fire levitation - please fix!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheGoblin, Sep 15, 2021.

1. TheGoblin Elder

Once again, before PoP launches on the new TLP servers, can we get levitation/wall fixed so you can't go over the wall in Plane of Fire?

This would improve the game quite a bit and stop people from abusing geometry and skipping 3/4th of the zone.
  2. suinegEQ Elder

This is not a bug, no "fix" needed.
    Yinla, Aneia and Elskidor like this.
  3. Blarghest New Member

So you want to get trained with 30 mephits?

People aren't going to actually kill that trash...
  4. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

If I cast levitation on you, I imagine you would not consider a wall to be much of an obstacle, in the same way that most helicopters do not frequently slam into random walls.
    Meridian, Yonson and VandilIzer like this.
  5. VandilIzer Augur

This may be the best reply I've ever seen to the Plane of Fire wall threads rofl.
  6. Iyacc Augur

This wouldn't solve your perceived "problem." Guilds would just park a level 55 mage on the other side of the wall for free use. Or an enterprising young mage would just park there and coth people over for plat.

And yes, someone is going to say - "but picks." Pick system changes that were made are not foolproof. Not going to stop people that don't want to be stopped.
  7. Pimento Lorekeeper

1.) How would this change improve the game?
    2.) In the link provided showing Doomfire, please explain how you consider the area in the north center of the zone to be 3/4 of the zone.
    3.) What is it you need from this area that you are unable to get? (this seems to be the crux of the matter)
    4.) Explain how you are not trolling.

http://www.allakabor.com/eqatlas/burninglandsmap.html

[IMG]
    Yonson likes this.
  8. Gialana Augur

It would be a change, not a fix, and I hope they don't change the zone.

Whenever I've seen mention of levitation in Plane of Fire, I've never been sure if the protestations are just a long-running joke. But there's not really a reason to think levitating over the wall is a bug, but there is evidence it was a design choice.

First, there is a limited area you can make it over the wall. Second, it is one-directional; once you go past the wall, you can't go back to the field over the wall. It makes more sense that there was an effort to program the zone this way rather than an "oopsie" moment.

Plane of Fire isn't the only zone with strange geometry. Other zones have fake walls. Some of those walls are two-way, and others are one-way.
  9. ViciousEQ Elder

As a rogue who will have Shroud of Stealth on PoP launch.... I FULLY SUPPORT THE PROPOSED CHANGES!!!!!

Having to cast Levitate is such an inconvenience anyway.
  10. taliefer Augur

This meme has ran its course.
    Stymie likes this.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

The thing is, OP doesn't know it's a forum meme.
    Iyacc likes this.
  12. Febb Augur

Dythan would be completely against this. He wants everyone to get over that wall as soon as possible.
  13. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

My skeptical hippo eyes are on you sir. I think you just want us all to swim in the lava and get naked.

Pervert.

Close this thread right meow!

p.s. It is a game peopled by masochists good sir, and I am sure we could all envision a number of arbitrary ways to make the game more frustrating (perhaps we have to run through a Karana every time we zone....snared), but remember it is a game. This change feels more "you kids get off my porch" (to rectify an imagined slight against the supposed original intent) than anything that would be, you know, fun...in a game...you know a thing people do for kicks. If you're really wanting to see the game be harder, just start a rogue in an early TLP (shudder).
  14. Xeris Augur

I feel like being able to levitate would mean that I could levitate over a wall. Not sure how anything is broken about this. What happens is exactly what you'd expect should happen.
  15. Gnothappening Augur

Yeah, fix the wall.... That way I can make plat with my mage :D