PL to 100 questions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by EQNoob, Aug 31, 2015.

1. EQNoob New Member

Hey, so I just came back to EQ from a long break on the Firiona Vie server. Looking to experience what EQ is today since the "last expansion" has come out. I played in up until Kunark back in the day and would like to see what the game has become.

I've leveled to 72 so far with my mercenary. The zones are all basically empty and I'm getting really bored. I always see people LFM for group members around 100+ Granted I will be spending a good month or so learning how to play the class at a 100 before I join those groups.

Since plat is fairly easy to come by via krono I will be able to purchase adequate gear once I hit 100.

Questions:
    What is the best way to catch all my skills up to match my level?

How many AAs should I grind out before attempting to group?

What can I expect to pay on Firiona Vie for a 72-100 PL?

Thanks!
  2. Zarakii Augur

dont buy a pl you can still get groups with max level people at 75 so once you get there just shoot the breeze in general chat usually someones cool enough to add you to there grind runs. Pl'ing has always been a bad thing imo and if you havent played since kunark youll want that time spent learning all the new tricks of the trade even if it goes a little faster grouped with max levels its soo much better then just going from 70-100 with 2k more aa and not having any idea what activated aa to use with what disc/spell ect ect. Its just a whole lot easier to learn as you go and theres still some nice folks on the FV server =) if im on and actually feel up for making some exp groups hit me up on minato

also i must admit the group grind to me is very very very boring anymore so i highly recommend still meeting new folks and joining a family style guild or just always lfg in general chat =) see ya in game
  3. X1234 Journeyman

Yes, get yourself guilded. If you build a nice rapport with some players, they will in turn help you out :) just be prepared to return the favour at some point within your time in that guild :)

Honestly, with how quickly XP can be gained now, PLs aren't really worth it, just a little more elbow grease shall be needed :)
  4. Numiko Augur

Best way to get your skills up is buy a heroic character.
  5. Crystilla Augur

If you are a paying account, just use the free autogrant.

1. Hit the letter v (to bring up alternate advancement window, though you can also get to this from inventory and EQ windows as well).
    2. Upper righthand corner, check the box for enable autogrant.
    3. Next time you zone or log back in, you'll start earning AA's. You get almost all the AA's up to the level you've earned with a few exceptions. Spell casting subtlety (for classes that get that) as well as all tradeskill related AA's are not granted so you would have to purchase those. And the AA's themselves go up to level 90 for autogranting; after that you have to earn them yourself.
    Silv likes this.
  6. Laronk Augur

I play on fv send me a tell on peng or rainbowsparkles tonight. We can get you to 100 easy.
    Silv likes this.
  7. Motherlee Augur

I'd think long and hard before rolling on FV unless you still have friends there. Many people who went there regret it later.