picking up a 3rd box, advice please

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Goranothos, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Chorus Augur

in the everquest directory, edit eqclient.ini file. Find these lines as set a different core for each:

CPUAffinity0=0
    CPUAffinity1=1

etc etc . The CPUAffinity line is your eq instance number, the final number is the core you want to bind it to. Never have to manually set cores again this way.
    Goranothos likes this.
  2. Goranothos Augur

Anything different since I am using three different EQ folders, one for each boxed character?
  3. Tvarian Augur

Read an article that a new gaming laptop is being developed, and it will have 3 monitors! A monitor will pull out on each side of the main screen. Probably not available until next year, but that would make 3 boxing easier.

I don't have a link to the article, but I'm sure a google search could bring it up.
  4. Chorus Augur

make the same edit in all 3 folders, or just copy an editted .ini to each folder. You'll want them all the same to avoid a conflict.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

A baby angel unicorn just died because you had that #easymode thought :-D.

I would also advice against a second mage, you will need the CC later on, and it is more fun and challenging to play different kind of toons.

3rd party tools will allow you to get a lot more out of your toons, (ai-es-boxer), by allowing you to use multibinds on several toons simultaneously. It will also allow you to change tactics or activity quickly, say you realize that you need a lot of healing/runing on your pet tank real fast: start mashing the rune/heal button, and all your toons with be runing/healing your pet in a few fractions of a second.
  6. Chorus Augur

There are usb monitors already if you want a setup like that without having to wait. I use one for work. can check out newegg and see what is available.
  7. Chorus Augur

While I don't disagree about diversity, I would like to add here that there isn't anything in the group game that can't be cc'd by 2 mage and a sham just as well as with any other combo.
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

Dracnid lair Lcenium
  9. Coronay Augur

I actually started this warrior Jan 2015 so that's when I was doing those heroics at lvl96 with a level 105 bard in grp and 1 wiz merc 1 clr merc.

I was boxing the bard, the bard was not pushing the warrior through the HA's :)
  10. Ryanxp Augur

I 2-box,
    can't 3-box with my computer. But I don't use 3rd party software and have to switch between accounts manually. And I've found that I have a primary class, and my box account is switched to for macros a few times per fight. However casters and priest classes seem to change to my primary class regardless if they were meant to be.
    For a 3rd box, I'd recommend: Bard, Ranger, or a melee class that doesn't require a lot of handling. Bard specifically would be my #1 choice if you don't play one yet (I play 2).

Casters end-game will be casting non-stop
    Priests end-game will be aDps and patch healing
    And, Melee end-game will be using discs (typically every 30sec to 1min)