Pick zones - need lower numbers to spawn a pick?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by dreadlord, Jan 28, 2021.

1. dreadlord Augur

I'm currently in WW (Tov) along with approx 44 others. The others are in 10/12 grps falling over each other trying to find free camps. There's another grp hanging out at ZI hoping for the pick to become available. I've been popping by for hours hoping the same

Once upon a time a group was mostly 4-6 people. Now it's often 3 people plus mercs. In other words mercs mean more groups (as apparently mercs don't count for player nos to spawn a pick?) trying to play in the same space

This is a plea for transparency re how many people it needs to pop a pick instance and for the number to be smaller
    Weetea likes this.
  2. Febb Augur

It's probably set closer to 60 people and you have to hold that in the static zone for the pick to stick around. Make an alliance with other guilds, have them park their afk in the zone in safe spot.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

They need to reduce that because these zones start to crap out at about 24+
    Maybe we could move the lagpile there
  4. dreadlord Augur

I *think* it's about 50 for WW, which is way too high for what appears to have become the favoured grinding zone
    Interestingly, the pick zone does stay up even when numbers in the static zone drop right down - far better than in, say, TOFS.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

My guess is they made no adjustments to the WW pick threshold for old world WW vs. the new one. I believe it's 49 players for the old WW.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

If the buffs didn't time out, that would be a great idea

Another is to create a bunch of toons on F2P accounts, and zone them in to get your pick ;)
    Svann2 likes this.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

Of course, then you are screwing over everyone else in the zone with even more lag.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Not really. The zone can't go over a certain pop, because then the picks open.

The scene described was a zone a couple players short of opening a pick. If literally a handful of toons, doing nothing, causes that much lag, then EQ has much bigger problems ;)

Edit - just realized, you were commenting on the "lag pile" portion of the post. Sorry :)
  9. Moege Augur

F2P still needs xpac to enter zone
    Barton and Svann2 like this.
  10. Vumad Cape Wearer

Mercs need to count.