Pick Zone Changes on TLPS

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ViciousEQ, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Naudiea New Member

When you are in a 6 man group and zone into a zone and you end up in 3 different picks! Why!!!!
  2. Walli New Member

As some have said before in this thread, simply have raid/group members zone into the same pick as the others. If connection is lost, have that character log back into the pick they were in in most recent server tick. Why risk losing healthy tlp server populations for a seemingly non-existent, non-combat zone QoL fix? If this was an honest QoL fix for those non-combat zones, why implement it in combat zones? The response here makes it seem very simple, just revert these changes back. The complete absence of arguments by any in-favor of these changes make it seem pretty clear.
    Matburns, Grig, Slaymore and 3 others like this.
  3. Medya New Member

Even as a solo player on Rizlona (yeah, I know) I can vouch for this "fix" being awful. I can no longer trust that I'll zone into the same pick as the rest of my group or raid, in dangerous areas deep within expansions. My guild's raid force has had to spend ages regrouping in MPG between trials because we get shuffled into three different picks after each one and we're lucky if one of the mages made it to the next spot to summon people over when they finally get into the right pick. All this crappy balancing has done is make it so the big boxers in my guild--the people who helped me finish my epics, who provide backup on days the force is a little light, who keep the game afloat with the cash they sink into it--not want to play anymore. Raiding on the Rizlona TLP is the most fun I've had playing EQ since ~2004, please readjust the balancing issue so we can go back to plowing our way through Dragons of Norrath and beyond. If my guild falls apart because of this, I'm far more likely to quit playing than attempt to find a new guild at this point.
    Exsodus, Matburns, Grig and 3 others like this.
  4. Hezekiah New Member

There's no need to publicly say anything... just revert the changes. You're not getting new players coming to EQ. A majority of your subscriptions comes from those paying for 2 - 50+ accounts and your decision to not address the impact of your changes is alienating these folks. As of Sept. 2020 EQ had 66,000 Active subscribers. It's hard to imagine that the number has drastically increased since then. What happens when you lose 1/3 of those subscriptions? Easy fix... change it back and stop the madness and you'll pause any forthcoming mass exodus.

My 2 cp ... Hezakiah
    Grig, Bruzum Grobbfist, Walli and 2 others like this.
  5. Mashef Augur

This thread is easily 85% "New Members" thus we can conclude this is one or two mega boxers crying they can't cheat more effectively.

It is broken, don't get me wrong but LOL, keep firing up your box accounts man.

That being said, you should zone into the zone your group is in. It would be cool if they could find ways to make exceptions for POK and POT like they did for CL. (where if you were lvl 1 you would always zone in to a pick). Find a level and set a threshold.
  6. Medya New Member

Oooorrrr, Occam’s Razor, most of us haven’t had any need to post on these forums until now because the game was still playable enough for our liking. Not everything is a conspiracy.
  7. Crabman Augur

I agree. I feel like because of this, they could have very easily made a a zone specific logic for what pick you zone into.

It’s just insane to me that the devs actually think this is fine. EQ prides itself on being a group game and this is quite literally splitting up groups.
    Exsodus, Willowflower and Sketer like this.
  8. Sketer New Member

Alot of this frustration could have been avoided by saying something along the lines of "we know this change has created some issues we are looking into it" or maybe test the change first?. Where are all the posts asking for this change in the first place?
  9. Exsodus New Member

I've been playing off and on since 2006. This doesn't affect just boxers. But let's face it they put in the most time and money into the game. This is affecting anyone trying to raid the content they are on. How many zones have see invisible mobs? How many times have you had to clear to targets? Getting put into several different picks is highly frustrating. Try picking over and get separated even further by getting put in the succor area. This just amazes me they refuse to comment and even moved this from a bug which it certainly should be to a TLP thing...
  10. Bruzum Grobbfist Journeyman

So basically, you acknowledge there is a problem, but you dont like that boxers don’t like it? Not sure what your point is there if there even is one.
    Willowflower likes this.
  11. Willowflower New Member

You'd be wrong in that assumption. I can't speak on all of the comments on this thread, but more than a few of them are my guildmates.
    Bruzum Grobbfist likes this.
  12. Crabman Augur

right!? Just have an ounce of empathy or understanding or partial admission of responsibility rather than just saying, well you guys asked for it when you said tranquility was too crowded for those 3 hours after pop launch so now you get to suck it up.
  13. Hezekiah New Member

Because my status says "New Member" doesn't mean anything. I've never had a reason to come here and say much, so because I'm not a forum ho it says I'm new. If you must know, I've played this game since Summer of 2000. I'm sure that goes for many of the others.
  14. Vulk0606 New Member

I'm trying to understand how this change could be considered a QOL or as intended. I get that opening picks at a threshold can help with zone stability, but I am struggling to understand the logic where zoning is no longer tied to your group or raid could be considered a QOL improvement, if that is the case.

Common sense would be that you should first try to keep group/raids together when zoning or logging in, especially the latter. At a minimum, the mere fact that someone go LD with the possibility of logging back into a different pick should be a huge red flag for playability.

Am I missing something?
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's neither. It's a screw up, plain and simple.

But instead of just admitting they made a mistake (either by design or implementation) and reverting it until they can get it fixed, they're leaning into it being intended and wanted. And they're leaning into it hard, as evidenced by them moving these threads out of the bug forum.

Their response on this is unbelievable.
  16. Nenton Augur

Not unless you're missing the part where they didn't think about this change in general, or that Link Dead problem specifically or that they didn't test any of it.

The devs also seemingly aren't able to discern between whining and legitimate concern about something they broke. They can talk about pickzone balancing being QoL all they want but breaking open world raid events which zone you is quite clearly a bug. I wasn't playing TLP at the time but read that when they were initially implementing AoC instances those events were zoning you out to the base pick instead of keeping you within your instance. This is the same thing happening now punting the raid to random picks instead of staying with the actual ongoing event.

Lastly, I don't think I've ever seen a thread on these boards so one-sided. Normally you at least have some of the Daybreak white knights coming to their defense but not here. Not on this topic.
  17. Hezekiah New Member

So here we are... Dragons of Norrath has opened and this is just ignorant stuff. I get my group a DZ and go to zone to Broodlands. The group is in main pick awaiting my arrival. I zone in to Pick #183. I have to now wait to zone into main pick, as if I chose to pick in the first place. When my timer runs out and I can choose to pick to main, there are 87 people in main pick. Attempting to pick failed and thus reset my pickzone timer. The level of annoyance from this is beyond my ability to express currently. This MUST change!!!
    Zanarnar and Willowflower like this.
  18. Kalvir New Member

For the love of god can we roll this change back its horrible.
    HoodenShuklak and Slaymore like this.
  19. Shiki New Member

Let us know how it goes.
  20. tuda Lorekeeper

this change has been an absolute abomination for an expansion launch. please revert this crap
    Willowflower likes this.