Pick Zone Changes on TLPS

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ViciousEQ, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Gnothappening Augur

I know they said something about zones without limits, such as in PoP, but has anyone tested this in prior expansions? What about Chardok, Sebilis, Velks, Lower Guk? If it does, this is going to hurt the next TLP from the beginning..
    Medya, Sketer and Willowflower like this.
  2. Lemerian Elder

It's so freeing to have finally quit the game when completely myopic changes like this are introduced and accurate pushback is arrogantly dismissed.
    Medya, Sketer and Willowflower like this.
  3. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Don’t fool yourself. You’re still emotionally invested. You’re only free once you develop Sudden Onset Apathy (SOA), when launching EQ.
    Sketer and Willowflower like this.
  4. Galleyan Augur

Had to login to this forum after having not played in a year+ just to comment on this legendary thread.

ROFL.

The CM/Dev response is beyond tone deaf. Let's just break a whole bunch of stuff because we can't come up with a more reasonable solution to pick-zone logic. Seems fine.
    Matburns, Sketer and Willowflower like this.
  5. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Darkclown Daycircus.GIve them a break, this is a new game that has some kinks to work out.
    Sketer likes this.
  6. Zanarnar Augur

Ahh the old "Stick your fingers in your ear and shout LA LA LA LA LA LA I can't hear you" approach.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this won't be well received. You guys messed up with this change, its long past time to admit as much and fix it. Yes, you need a better way to balance load across picks, no this isn't the answer.
    Siah, Matburns, Sketer and 3 others like this.
  7. jeskola pheerie

Future Patch notes:

Saryrn event has been disabled in open world Plane of Torment and is now only available via AOC
    Matburns, Willowflower and Sketer like this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

And THAT is exactly what I'm talking about. The devs, in recent years, have developed this dismissive attitude of embarassing problems that THEY created, doubling down on their screw ups and trying to flush the issue down the memory hole.

I don't know if they started doing this on their own, or if it came from higher up. Either way, it's disgusting and it needs to stop.
    Poppinfresh, Slaymore, Sketer and 2 others like this.
  9. Earl New Member

In my guild alone there are 49 accounts being canceled due to them doubling down and making us deal with it. This isnt the first time that they have broken something and we have just had to swallow it. Corpses being sent to the zero point on the map some not being able to be reached, server ticks so long that I have to hit an aggressive mob with a spell because it doesn't "see me". The overall sluggishness of the game. This is just a last straw for a lot of people. And some people might write this off but there isnt a knew flood of people coming to this game its the veterans that are keeping this game alive. A lot of this vets are paying for huge crews also, so when you lose people it can add up to thousands of subscriptions very quickly. The lack of response and writing people off is just unreal.
  10. verbatim Elder

This change is going really put a damper on interest in the may server launch. I can't imagine dealing with the pick/zone issues coupled with the typical server launch instability.
    Sketer and Willowflower like this.
  11. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

This change has been one of the best QoL and Common Sense implementations since click from bags. I understand there appears to be a large amount of negative feedback from these "customers" but the majority of us understand these fraudsters are looking after their own interests. I say good work Ratalthor for keeping the shills at bay.
  12. ViciousEQ Elder

This man loves nothing...
    Exsodus and Sketer like this.
  13. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

This man has had more accounts banned than anyone I know, including his dodge of a perma ban. RIP Remdag, the hero we never deserved. He cannot be trusted.
  14. Willowflower New Member

Numbers like that can cripple a guild, and if it can't raid anymore more people will probably cancel their accounts rather than look for another guild to raid with. They could have reversed the fix days ago, and/or give us an update as to how they will fix it. I can't imagine running a business like this and having customers sit in radio silence being good for the company...
    Matburns, Exsodus, Slaymore and 3 others like this.
  15. Blerb New Member

/em snorts

ooooooookaaaaay....
  16. Blerb New Member

Where are all the threads of people asking for the pick-zone change, or complaining about issues that this supposedly 'fixed'? Seems that some people are fixed on personal feelings about the OP than the implications of the change.

I suspect their intent was to prevent one zone from being overcrowded, however they clearly didn't think it through. Groups and raids ending up in different picks, broken events that 'zone' you into the wrong picks, etc.
    Matburns, Exsodus, Sketer and 2 others like this.
  17. Cezz Journeyman

Ridiculous. Learn to test your changes guys. Unless making it worse for no reason is what you meant to do.
    Matburns, Grig, Willowflower and 3 others like this.
  18. Kort New Member

Dropping accounts if not addressed. Nuff said!
    Walli likes this.
  19. Gnothappening Augur

Having a group zone in and be sent to multiple picks in no way improves quality of life. Just like going link dead and logging back in to a random pick doesn’t. I don’t care which pick we are sent to, just send us all to the same one.
    Matburns, Grig, Daladen and 5 others like this.
  20. zombo79 New Member

This is about to lose DayBreak a whole bunch of money.
    Willowflower likes this.