Pick Spawning - PoStorms

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Joesnellenberge, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Joesnellenberge Journeyman

First and foremost, do we have a # of people the zone requires to spawn a pick? Historically it's been around 40. (SSRA)

The best workaround as a player base we can do is make sure to AFK in PoStorms as a whole. Forget the PoKnowledge or Tranquility. PoStorms is where it's at. At the worst this should enable 7-10 spawns of PoStorms to remain up at non peak times.

Thoughts?
  2. Bowdeen Elder

I can hear the trains starting to rev up already.

While the intent behind this post is great, people won't be stupid enough (or will they?) to AFK in PoStorms for extended periods of time. Not to mention, a lot of people will prefer Knowledge just to get free MGB's while they're away and not have the timer count down on them until they choose to go out.
  3. MabbuPhinny Augur

But Time gear only belongs on my character, and my alts. THAT is how you win at Everquest. :rolleyes:
  4. Astley Augur

Well, theoretically... we just need to have a mass collection of players swarm into Plane of Storms together in order to spawn as many as possible, and then just keep picks open by leaving a character in them feigned or camped at the character select screen I believe will work.

This should keep the picks open until the server crashes or comes down.

Since it's going to affect everyone now that they are not implementing the level restriction to get into BoT, it would benefit to initiate a single mass-server call into Plane of Storms on launch day when most of the population is online.

Maybe 7PM EST / 6PM CST on Wed. night every guild enters Plane of Storms and spreads out to push as many picks as we can get simultaneously with all of their accounts.

That should be pretty close to peak server population.

Once they're open, people can go about their business and some will stay to camp every spawned pick.
  5. Machen New Member

Afking in a zone where there will be heavy trains sounds like a great idea, what could go wrong!
  6. AgentofChange Augur

Infact we should all bind there. Hooray for working together!
    Machen likes this.
  7. Rainlover Augur

if the giants in question will have MoTM (and i have heard that they would, unless i heard wrong or this was changed) will they even be spawning in picks anyway? while i do support the idea of getting a lot of picks and getting a lot of people flagged, is this even a valid plan?
  8. Astley Augur

2 different sets of Giants there. One with MOTM, one that doesn't. If it was only base pick, there would be a limit of 54 people max who could be keyed per day.

Which would be infinitely worse for kill-stealing and training.
  9. Trevalon Augur

The Key giants do not have MOTM only the raid giants.
  10. Warlorf Augur

Spawn a pick as a guild and then just have each guild spawn their own pick. rotate your groups through and boom .. big problem became less of a problem. Im sure guilds can coordinate which picks are spawned for which guilds. pretty simple and easy
  11. Davenburg New Member

Then you can have Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy over for dinner to celebrate, lol...
  12. Machen New Member

Pretty simple and easy except for the fact that you need 45+ in EVERY pick to spawn a new one, so this only works if each guild keeps 45 toons in their pick constantly, AND if every single guild on the server respects it, AND if guilds that can't field 45 never want to flag for BoT.
  13. Warlorf Augur

There is no except for the fact ... Guilds who want to get the key done will easy have the 40+ to open a pick. Its pretty simple, the only sad part of the whole thing is more people enjoy being part of the problem instead of the solution.
  14. Joesnellenberge Journeyman

I know Rosengard, BDA, Odio, KL, and a few other guilds did this for pick spawning in the contested Lucid Shard zones + Sanctus Seru early in Luclin.

This obviously is important to the ability for the majority of us to be able to successfully get into PoStorms quickly. Feel free to reach out to Grogblok on Phinny to coordinate times. Will put together a chat channel for coordinating as well.
  15. Pikallo Augur

I don't disagree with this as that is how I understand the /picks to work, but I do know there is a "flood" mechanism where if you bring a very large force in to the base pick, you can spawn 2-4 picks immediately so I'm not sure how that fits in once you get to 4+ picks.
  16. Machen New Member

As far as I know it won't work once you have several picks up. I only ever saw it happen when flooding base pick with no additional picks up yet. SO I don't think it'll be much of a factor in plane of storms.
  17. Atabishi Augur

From my understanding and experience with picks, it's determined based on the total number of people in base + all picks. Say the number required to spawn a pick is 50, a new pick will spawn within a few minutes up to about 10-15 minutes once 50 are in the base zone, and it's not uncommon for 2 picks to spawn vice one from just having that 50. Maybe out door zones only spawn 1 pick, and in door spawn 2? Not sure on that one. Anyway, if two additional picks spawned, you would need a total combined 150+ to spawn more picks etc. It wouldn't matter if you had a couple people in pick 1 and pick 2, and 150 in base, as long as the total number between base + all picks exceed a certain number. I only assume it goes based off the total number because I have been in zones where there were already 2 picks up with just a few people in each, and multiple raid guilds happen to zone in to base pick at same to meet at AoC or w/e reason, and a 3rd and 4th pick open up.
  18. Toodles Elder

servers dont like lots of picks, gonna be a lot of time in storms and a lot of time at server select with phinigel+locked sitting next to eachother