Pick collapse and death (Dev-What's the warning?)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nuttmeg, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Nuttmeg Augur

So, pick collapsed and our duo died. Hours of experience gone.
    What's the EXACT freaking message hidden somewhere in these lousy new chat tabs? I will need to set up an audio trigger to warn me, because you choose to do such a poor job at it.

While you are at it, how about curbing some of the rampant /pick abuse by disallowing box armies to circumvent an entire dungeon crawl and just pick into every instance and snipe the bosses away from legitimate groups? Pick should return you to zone in. (Or it should port you the the other side of the zone line so you have to fully reenter.)

In any case, what is the exact message when a pick will collapse? I will just set up an audio trigger to get actual warning.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yes make a gina with a 15 minute timer and 1 minute warning and you'll be glad you did.

And yes pick hopping disproportionately helps plopped down box crews camp named. A group of humans is more nimble and willing to run from zone in. I've maintained whatever advantage that gives players is far far offset by the balance it provides in mitigating box army griefing.
  3. RandomStrategy Augur

Are you afk'ing for multiple deaths? Cause you should earn far more experience than a single deaths worth of exp in (being conservative) more than one hour.
  4. AgentofChange Augur

If you lost hours worth of experience due to your pick collapsing then you are doing it wrong
  5. Nuttmeg Augur

With a sizable level difference and the recent changes to xp distribution when grouped with a lower level character, it was over 2 hours worth of xp gone.
  6. Nuttmeg Augur

What is the exact message for pick about to collapse? I need to set an audio trigger.
  7. RandomStrategy Augur

What levels are they? Are you power leveling? Did you get a rez?
  8. DeseanJackson Augur

It literally pops up in your face with yellow text saying you have 15minutes. I don’t know if there is text. Also, it sounds like you were AFK.
  9. Thunderkiks Augur

Not sure if it's different on live servers but I have stayed in pick zones until they closed several times and never had a roll back. Maybe it's different for TLP? I dont know that answer. None the less here is the exact message

This zone will shut down in 15 minutes! Please zone elsewhere or use /pickzone. Player corpses will appear in the main zone.

It's either a system message (which is my guess) or event message. I have both of those filtered to the same window I get tells in so I make sure to see it for spawn purposes since it's no fun to be in the middle of a named fight to only be rudely interrupted by zoning lol.
  10. Nuttmeg Augur

You are clueless and wrong. I was actually mid-fight in Castle Mistmoore with the last of 4 gargoyles in the cubby near the piano room. At first, I thought maybe the druid evacced, since we both got a loading screen; in actuality, we both just got dumped into the main pick where we were attacked by all 4 gargoyles and 3 other adds coming from that noble room.

Again, this was mid fight, in combat and actively killing a mob. In fact, our circuit was piano room, gargoyles, cooks, butler, maid, then back to piano room.
  11. DeseanJackson Augur

You’re right I don’t know your exact circumstance, but it sounds like you’re the clueless one who missed a pop up in your face. Good luck with your anger though, I told you what it says what it says, the color, and how it’s displayed. Also, sounds like you were wasting your time if your exp was lost in one death, as others have said.
  12. Nuttmeg Augur

I set an audio trigger for "This zone will shut down in" and see if that works. I am visually impaired, so that's why I need audio clues. But good luck with your assumptions and insults.

Thanks Thunderkiks for the verbiage, hopefully our (albeit slow) leveling will no longer be interrupted by pick collapse deaths.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  13. Xeris Augur

so much hostility on both sides
  14. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Good. Goooòooood.
  15. Thunderkiks Augur

You're welcome Nuttmeg. Good luck! I was just in one Friday so I quickly checked my logs for exactly how it was written.
  16. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

If you're visually impaired, you should really, really, really be using GINA when playing EverQuest. It can make your life so much easier. It also makes life easier for anyone regardless of their vision. Once you get it set up, PM me your server/character name and I can share some useful triggers with you, including a 15 minute timer for pick closing.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

this zone will shut down in

Then set your GINA to alert you at 1 minute left. The game WILL not tell you when the zone is about to shut down with the exception of a 15 minute warning. You will not be able to loot mobs etc. It's up to the player to keep an eye on this sort of thing.

You're also liable to spawn into a room full of mobs if you aren't in a safe area.