Phinny's Current Era and Dps Classes Status?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Krykinn, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Guzzle Augur

I don't think you're understanding .. unless you can go over 400 hdex, hdex above 38 doesn't help out aside from whatever raw dex from upping the cap gives you, which is not crit chance, is it?

.5% crit chance probably isn't parsable if that is even an accurate number. Top dps have that much because that's what comes on gear, probably not because they're stacking it.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...u-may-2016-patch-preview.232498/#post-3430009

The above completely invalidates what you linked for below 400 hdex.
  2. Boze TLP complaint factory

I think we're kind of talking around eachother, but we mostly agree.
    "hdex above 38 doesn't help out aside from whatever raw dex from upping the cap gives you" is exactly what I'm saying, and since plain dexterity does affect crit chance, the cap increase of regular dexterity from hdex would increase your crit rate. Though you and I agree that right now on TLP that increase would be extremely difficult / borderline impossible to parse, and I think it'd be a wash with the RNG anyway. I'm not saying that Hdex innately affects crit chance.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

hSTA is the heroic of champions
    Beimeith likes this.
  4. Zentara Augur

Terrible advice for TLP in PoR/TSS eras.
    Punchu and Brumans like this.
  5. syth6 New Member

That is exactly the stated point, hdex at any value gives you raw dex which gives you crit chance, in 100% agreeably tiny amounts for TLP-values of hdex on gear. The breakpoints at 400 of any hstat are only relevant for the mod2 effects they grant, there is not some mystical void between every 400 point mod2 breakpoint where the stats you gain mean nothing. There's no reason to not stack a dps stat, because 1.0x10^-500 dps gain is still greater than 0.
    Mithra likes this.
  6. XYZero New Member

Current Era: PoR (Deathknell)
    Triplets (3 Target Cleave):
    #1 Bard + pets 751k [9.18%] - #2 Monk 524k [6.39%] - #3 Monk 491k [5.99%] - #4 Monk 476k [5.81%] - #5 Ranger 427k [5.21%] - #6 Ranger 414k [5.05%] - #7 Berserker 384k [4.7%] - #8 Monk 381k [4.65%] - #9 Magician + pets 365k [4.46%] - #10 Bard + pets 336k [4.1%] - #11 Monk 336k [4.1%] - #12 Bard 330k [4.02%] - #13 Rogue 317k [3.87%] - #14 Magician + pets 288k [3.51%] - #15 Necromancer...

Ayonae Ro (Single Target):
    #1 Monk 898k [6.63%] - #2 Monk 893k [6.59%] - #3 Rogue 860k [6.35%] - #4 Monk 833k [6.15%] - #5 Monk 816k [6.02%] - #6 Ranger 716k [5.29%] - #7 Berserker 669k [4.94%] - #8 Warrior 628k [4.63%] - #9 Magician + pets 549k [4.06%] - #10 Necromancer + pets 515k [3.8%] - #11 Ranger 489k [3.61%] - #12 Bard + pets 485k [3.58%] - #13 ShadowKnight 481k [3.55%] - #14 Warrior 454k [3.35%] - #15 Beastlord + pets 426k [3.15%] - #16 Magician + pets 411k [3.04%] - #17 Magician...
  7. Mithra Augur

This. Heroic stats have three different bonuses. So for heroic strength you get: attack from raw strength, +1 damage per 10 heroic strength and mod2s damage shield and damage shield mitigation.
  8. Hadesborne Augur

Back in the day, a necro could expect to be anywhere within the top 5 during the same era on those raids. Look at all that "balancing".
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

In one of our splits of DT tonight on Triplets we had a necro #5 at 459k. I feel like a necro doing under 300k on that fight either died, is out of range for picking up the damage, or is just straight up not trying.

A lot of the time it is option 3.
  10. Brumans Augur

Bard #1? Please tell me more!

Were they allowed to use dots I'm guessing? Or some other secret?
  11. Darchon_Xegony Augur

If they just correctly flagged Innate DPS AAs to unlock in TDS like they should, that PoR parse would balance out with those monks and Rogues doing on par with the magicians and necromancers and wizards. Destructive Fury AAs also need to be correctly flagged. They're currently available in Luclin and shouldn't be in until OoW.

The stupidly inflated DPS on TLPs lets people do absolutely stupid things like kill Redfang before he despawns in era, kill all 4 Gargoyles in Deathknell 1 during Phase 1 in era, split Vishimtar with 20-25 in era, kill Brext in Uqua before add spawns in era, etc. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if some guilds are burning Daosheen at 10% and getting him dead before the DT trigger wears off.

Just increase EXP on TLP servers by 50% and fix the absurd faceroll DPS players can put out. Too many raids and Group events are trivialized by high DPS that allows you to skip or ignore many mechanics intended to add challenge to these events.
  12. Silver-Crow Augur

My Guessing is charm:
    #1 Bard + pets 751k [9.18%]
  13. syth6 New Member

TLPs are not billed on being a challenging or balanced experience. Nuking the melee AA at this point would probably be a killing blow to several guilds who are just barely clearing the content, who would otherwise be perfectly happy to stay subbed and buy pots/bags/whatever.
    If you're playing this game for difficulty or challenge, start by doing encounters that aren't 12 years old and already solved and possibly nerfed. The rest of us are along for the experience and to see content we didn't get a chance to do before.
  14. Brumans Augur

Ah - I'm so used to seeing pets from AAs and augs. Maybe it's time I stop being so lazy :).
  15. Punchu Augur

That was not the case on the last TLPs. So direct experience contradicts you.
  16. Machentoo Augur

LOTS of small balancing changes since then, though. It would be really difficult to accurately predict how exactly things might stack up. For instance, on the last TLP's we also didn't have the burst disc nerf that came alongside the innate aa's.
    Punchu likes this.
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

It's worth noting that Charm on that event is all the same mob name so if 3 enchanters charm the same mob and only one does /who leader it will merge their total DMG under one person. Iwouldguess that parse is showing damage from multiple pets being attributed to one person.

It's very difficult to know exactly how DPS shakes out when you make changes but it is very obvious that those AAs don't belong on a TLP server before that era, and currently Melee are toping parses for every expansion PoP onward as a result.
  18. Machentoo Augur

This is a problematic statement. As Punchu noted, prior to the changes, on the previous round of TLP's melees topped parses for every expansion PoP onward through around SoF at least. So the aa's haven't changed anything in that regard.
  19. XYZero New Member

Nah, just a Bard that knows how to use their mana bar outside of Fade. Strange concept for most. No charm involved, though that would probably put him even further up on meters.
  20. Communist Puppy Augur

Nah, just a bard using dots instead of group songs, and using 7th when nobody else discs on the event because its a trash clear. Works well because they can do damage to multiple targets at once. On real parses/mobs bard shouldnt ever be in top10 but on certain events if they dont want to do anything else they can cheese their dps.