Phinny's Current Era and Dps Classes Status?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Krykinn, Apr 11, 2018.

1. TakeMeSeriously Journeyman

I see no one even mentions druids in their DPS rankings. Go to hell
    Boze likes this.
  2. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Mind a port?
  3. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

Ogre like dem healz tho.
  4. Boze TLP complaint factory

Had a druid in TMO top parse a couple times in VT. She thought she was a wizard and no one had the heart to tell her the truth.
  5. Snomie Elder

After extensive and highly accurate parsing, I can confidently say that Wizards are the number one dps in every expansion of EQ.

If anything I think every other class needs to be buffed to keep up with my high level of wizard dps. My parses always have me at number 1 and you can trust them because I'm the number 1 rated player on Magelo when ranked by the most important and accurate metric of 'average resists'.
    Brumans likes this.
  6. FluttyMan Elder

your magelo is fake you have changed your gear to best PoR stuff a month ago whgen PoR wasn't even available....
  7. Snomie Elder

You must be mistaken. My magelo is the most accurate, unfake and best way to measure true skill. If you can't believe magelo, then what can you believe!
    Brumans likes this.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

I believe I can safely ignore anything you say here. /shrug
  9. Snomie Elder

That would be a mistake. I assure you I have multiple testimonials and quotes verifying the authenticity of my 100% accurate parses and magelo.
    Brumans and skattabrainz like this.
  10. TimeBreak Elder

Sure, go ahead, since this is 5 expansions past where Agnarr ends.................makes no difference to us.
  11. Fohpo Augur

Woooosh, straight over your head
    Brumans likes this.
  12. Krrill Journeyman

yeah right. Sullon Zek is a controlled fight. Those adds would warp to the zi.

Ain't no way a rogue is doing that much damage even with shaman champion and panther, and bard overhaste. I play a rogue on Phinny in a top raid guild
  13. Mithra Augur

You're doing it wrong.
  14. Heartland Augur

Maybe you should trade in your HSTA for some useful stats then.
  15. Guzzle Augur

I believe that hstr continues to build your DS even if you hit the "cap", but I can say for certain that hstr and hDex won't help your DPS in any meaningful way until you can hit 400 in hDex. In the current era, you're better off stacking hsta, hagi, hwis or hint. Hstr adds 1 point of damage per 10 stats. That's not weapon damage, that's literally a static unmodified number added onto the end of every attack. HDex has no benefits between 38 and 399 points, aside from possible miniscule raises in your proc numbers from the raw dex increase. I am not sure if regular dex work's that way, though.
  16. Auesnaps New Member

As a rogue on phinny I can tell you that this DPS is definitely doable.
  17. syth6 New Member

Well that's true but not for the stated reasons. hStr and hDex give you additional regular stats, so no matter how irrelevant of a tiny increase it is they will still give you more dps via attack/crit chance. Other hstats past their mod2 caps do not give any meaningful increase via regular stats, so it is not beneficial to stack them. Therefore, once your gear has capped mod2 in the areas that matter you should always aim to get as much hStr or hDex as you can without compromising large HP gains or cleave/fero.
  18. Guzzle Augur

HDex does not give you additional crit chance past the cap until you can hit 400. In fact, Hdex was changed to not affect melee damage back in a patch in 2012, I believe.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=30106

19. Boze TLP complaint factory

I think what syth is arguing is that the cap gains from Hdex increase your crit chance regardless of whether or not Hdex directly modifies crit chance. Found some recent & decent parses (i.e., since the heroic stat/mod2 consolidation) which find ~1% crit chance per 100 Hdex. Start here, but there's more in the next few pages of it.

Like some others pointed out though, you're not going to see dramatic differences in this era on TLP, as there simply aren't the heroic stats available. Top DPS right now has 40-70 Hdex, so you're only looking at an extra 0.5% crit chance, which is nearly irrelevant on short encounters.
  20. Mithra Augur

2500 hp and 20% spell/dot shielding isn't going to do anything. Might as well stack hstr to do more dps.