Phinny trio

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ionscout, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Ionscout Journeyman

Hello,

I'm looking for advice on the best fit to complete a group of three... My partners are already set on the Ench and Mage.

My selection Excludes cleric, and Int classes (gear conflicts between us 3 int classes can be a pain)

which class would you choose and why?

Specifically with consideration for *group synergy*, *solo*, and *class scaling/power through the coming expansions*(that's a long one :D).

Thanks!
  2. Sheetee Healer New Member

Druid....heal, buffs, damage, snare, and transportation
  3. MabbuPhinny Augur

Druid seems like the best choice because you have no priest.

Shaman is slightly redundant due to having an enc, and you ruled out cleric.

Druid is very powerful with an enc to begin with so adding a mage will add to it and you will gain heals buffs and ports. Ports are so huge when boxing here.
  4. Kiani Augur

Definitely agree with druid for all the reasons stated above.

If you wanted to try something else, maybe paladin? Good healing, rezzes, and can tank through pet breaks.
  5. MabbuPhinny Augur

Don't forget Druid can charm too, so can magician in some later zones in PoP.

If you can master the art of double charm you can destroy everything.
  6. Ionscout Journeyman

Thanks for the replies. I originally had a necro with them. I felt damage wasnt as fast as Mage so dots were less effective, twitch wasnt needed when breeze was suitable. Stepping back I saw me snaring and sending in my pet while sharing hp with the wounded. A druid does all that and sows, ports", etc. I wonder, are they raid desired or a 1 position placeholder?
    Thanks!
  7. Kiani Augur

Druids are a jack of all trades and a master of none. As such, they aren't highly desired on raids, as long as you have one or two for buffs. The smaller the group of people they're in, the better they shine, in fact. But they're still useful on raids as backup healers, and dps where healing isn't needed. And now they have the velious heals, they're a lot better at that than in kunark.
  8. AgentofChange Augur

Druids aren't really that desired in raids, but they also aren't a popular main choice so most raids won't turn them away. They are additional healers after all. Druids are kinda bad for a while still but by GoD they start to be ok-ish and slowly improve.

That being said in a grp aspect such as your trio a druid is quite good.
  9. Oozo Journeyman

I hate to beat a dead horse but a druid would compliment a mage and enchanter much more than any other class. The snare, root and heal is invaluable when charming. Plus as others have said they add ports, and decent buffs.
  10. Ionscout Journeyman

No horse here...thx for the input
  11. Oozo Journeyman

You're welcome.