(Phinny) strongest solo class for upcoming expacs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Damezza, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Ckador Augur

How often would that even come up? I could think of plenty of ways to pull that off, too, but keep moving them goalposts.
  2. Ckador Augur

A Shaman can snare with an (unlimited) quested clickie (Troll Innoruuk worshipper only) or weapon proc (from Raids x2). A Necro can slow with (5 charge) quested clickie or weapon proc (from a rare spawn.)

Necros have more varied DoTs (pre-Revamp) and better passive mana regen. Shaman have comparable, in some cases stronger DoTs (post revamp)

Necros have spells and AA's to shed agro. Shaman's have limited FD capabilities through a quested item.

Both have castable roots which makes them more capable solo'ers than say a SK in most instances.

Shamans have a castable debuff, Necros have one as well, but not as good, in a solo situation. Both have access to items that proc magic debuffs that stack with their debuffs.

Both have Attack debuffs. Necro has a clickie debuff. Unsure about Shamans.

Necros have better charm capabilities. Shaman has a low level charm that is more limited, for the most part.

I could go on, but this is getting long-winded. You should 2-box both classes, tbh, if you're able, because they are formidable together.
    Felicite likes this.
  3. Thorondor Augur

Do that in 4 expansions from now where necros continue a linear incline while you plateau before dodh and cannot keep up, even in the slightest. Listen here new to the endgame chump. Your betters are educating you.
    Ckador likes this.
  4. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I do not have anything to add to the SK/Shaman/Necro debate other than all 3 can solo well, and it depends on your tastes how you want to do it. Most raid geared players can solo decently, it all comes down to how fast can they do it and how efficient it is.

On my monk, having decent self healing with Mend and Celestial Healing pots, I can go to lower tier zones like Riwwi and Barindu and solo non-stop for about 6 AA per hour, 10 AA per hour if I decide to pop a lesson. I can solo KT as well, just not as efficiently, and Named in Qvic and KT are easy as long as I have 60 sec prep time and a Speed Focus available.

I will agree with others in this thread that Necros will only continue to get better and other classes mentioned will also get better, just not at the same rate as Necros. By the time we hit 95 or 100, Wizards might actually be considered one of the better solo classes (I'm only sorta joking), so who knows.
  5. Fluid Augur

Solo, Druid and I say that with an obvious bias. It's somewhat restrictive of course in that you can not really dungeon dive like the other characters because of spell restrictions. You can group if you want of course and heal/damage shield/buff, but you said solo.

There are very few restrictions on the surface. A few MOBs run faster then SoW, a few have fast casting root or snares, and you may get charmed. Basically if you can outrun it, you can kill it, and you can outrun 95%+ of the surface spawn. Most of what you can't outrun you can snare with few exceptions that can't be snared and those that summon.

Equipment is virtually dirt cheap or easily obtained. i.e. Serpentine Bracer sells for ~30 pp and is the only piece of equipment you need to level 50ish. I usually equip mine with Bear Hide Boots for extended enhancement but MEH! Just means your SoW lasts 41 minutes instead of 36 minutes. Only costs a med quality bear hide and 15 gold IIRC.

Understand you are essentially aggro kiting from level one to forever. Characters like a Necromancer can [Stand & Fight, invis vs. undead, fear kite, aggro kite, ...] really versatile. Sometimes they have to tank for their pet, not exactly loved by NPCs, can't port, can't track, can't forage.
  6. Superdeath Lorekeeper

true, but not comparable to the changes other classes have gotten in the same time-frame. the changes to AC and melee dps makes alot of classes way better.
  7. Ckador Augur

Oh, I don't doubt that at all, and it's cool that their classes were made better and that they are enjoying them. But better than a skilled Necromancer at soloing? Nahhhhh, B.
  8. Superdeath Lorekeeper

in the current era that phinny is in, yes. an sk can currently solo ( not saying they can make more AA per hr. ) but they can Solo more than we can.
  9. Ckador Augur

If you wanna believe that, I dunno what to tell you. But if the best example homeboy can come up with is trash-tier Qvic named, pfft. Kinda wish I was playing on Phingel with an AA, raid-geared character. On the other hand, I did all this over a decade ago with less knowledge and less QoL changes than what's available now.

BTW, there's spots you can solo in Txevu (and Inktu'ta if you have people willing to eat some lockout timers.)
  10. Strawberry Augur

If you're talking lvl 71+, DoD+... necro, mage, beastlords, wizard and SK were the most powerful. Any overgeard monk is also going to solo just fine.

But some things happened since DoD+ came out, that is going to retroactively affect SK and Wizards.

SK thier lvl 71 mortal coil AA was nerfed to prevent them pulling whole zones of light blues for AA.

Wizard their beam kiting was nerfed, beam kiting was literally crashing zones.

But they will still be great soloers.

So I would argue necro would be the best solo class. A geared beastlord can rack up a lot of solo XP too.

Someone said druids. Yeah, it depends on the expansion...they are decent soloers in TSS since they can charm a few animals, and in SoF they can charm kite the crocs at the beach. But some expansions don't have great places to solo.

Shaman? nah, they solo way too slow
  11. Zinth Augur

Necros:

Have undead slow, very powerful
    Early on have mez all, later on undead only mez, can keep 2 mobs mezzed easy with Screaming Terror.

Shaman get no mez, they do get a slow for all not only undead
  12. Hadesborne Augur

I can and will be solong group named as a necro in Wall of Slaughter in OOW. The soloing capability of a raid geared Necro outshines all other classes and the disparity will only continue to grow as more expansions become unlocked. Eventually raid bosses will be on the table for necro soloablilty, Sorry but an SKs power does not scale as fast as a Necro's through the expansions. Also after we get our DOT revamp it will become a non-discussion as necros simply will dominate the solo playstyle. And rightfully so, as necros really have always been the kings of soloing.
    Ckador likes this.
  13. Barc Lorekeeper

Didnt zerkers get decapitate fairly early? How were they during oow and beyond?

I also remember paladins doing quite well in DoDH with all the undeads n stuff. Or is my mind playing games with me?
  14. Superdeath Lorekeeper

an sk will still solo harder named than we can, its just how it works.
  15. Tiffy31 Elder

Its fixing to be SKs. Remember they dont start nerfing them until like RoF with thelargest nerf not until the current live expansion. So basically from OOW and your 2.0 and the next 10 expansions you are OP and can solo entire zones at once.
  16. Superdeath Lorekeeper

no. just no. the "swarming" has been nerfed. they can likely still do large pulls in era, but Swarming as it was is dead.