Phinny server questions.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Returnednoob, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Returnednoob New Member

I'm new to the Phinny server and I'm lost on what to do as a new player. Some questions that I can get help with would help me out tremendously!
    1. Are there quest for low levels. I can't seem to find any. I started as a wood elf just FYI.
    2. What is a general path of things to do in order for me to get the ball rolling? Like soloing? Quests?
    3. Are there any really important things that I need to do as a new player that I might miss??
    4. Is Phinny even a good place for a noob player like me or should I stick with the newer model servers?

I thank you all for your feedback and I'm looking forward to being apart of EQ community again!
  2. Dday New Member

You should definitely start on Phinny.

The most important thing to know is that you should ALWAYS be grouping. As a Wood elf you have some of the best experience spots open to you.

Level 4-7 do Orc Hill in Greater Faydark. Ask for a group invite, just OOC or Shout and see if anyone is doing it.

8-12 - Crushbone

12-30 - Unrest

Youll learn alot about your character at this point and really have a grasp on the game.

Dont be afraid of building your own groups - this is a downfall of many players I see throwing up LFG. Its always better to be proactive in life (and in game) - Build your own group and get experience faster than waiting around LFG.

As far as quests go - I wouldnt worry about anything at this point. Just chill, level, collect the loots in your groups! The community here on Phinny is fantastic in the low levels!
    skattabrainz likes this.
  3. Returnednoob New Member

Thanks for that information. It's so strange not doing quests lol. So just basically level up and buy my spells as I level and that's it? Seems simple enough lol.
  4. Kiani Augur

It's not like WoW where doing the quests is part of levelling and helps progress you through the game.

There are plenty of quests in Everquest, but many are fairly pointless, and you're probably better off just levelling and doing the few quests you want to for particular rewards.
  5. Weverley Augur

There is some in gfay but you gonna need amiable with some ranger gm to see them 1 that npc give u a box to put pixie dust in each slot, another comes from killing orc pawn and getting orc hatchet.There's that famous crushbone belt that you bring to warrior gm in kaladim and a few more but that will not move your xp bar too much so you are better just to kill mobs.
  6. Gumby Augur

There are plenty of quests. Start by looking at: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/

Now, the overwhelming majority of the questing in EverQuest is pointless if all you want to do is level. Quests on the whole are more of a side thing to do for a particular item or to just break up the monotony of grinding levels.
  7. Borek-VS Augur

In general, in the old expansions there are very few useful quests; they are present more to fill in background on lore, not for levelling. You level by grinding.

On the "Live" servers, devs have introduced more quests for levelling, for people who like that, to the extent that things are turned around. There is the Gloomingdeep Mines tutorial, then the Hero's Journey, which strings together a bunch of older quests with updated rewards for doing a sequence of old quests. Then there is also the Franklin Teek daily hot zone quests, which reward relatively large amounts of exp and minor item rewards. Then there are Heroic Adventures, for groups level 75 and above, and finally progression quests in the most recent expansion at the time (this updates as new expansion are released).

And, once you hit higher levels, grinding gives terrible experience, so you have to do the quests. Note that hot zones used to give decent exp for grinding, but now the bonus is all in the daily quests; hot zones may still have a very minor boost to exp, but it's not noticeable without measuring over long runs of kills (and other zones may still give better grind experience).
    Umbraeques likes this.
  8. Lelorn New Member

just want to point out on this server commenlands plague should have been turned off so that young humans , dark elfs and halflings if they wanted could use it to level as it is you suffer badly as you get encumbered at bad times trying to get too a guard. why this debuff was considered needed on a server like this is a mystery