Phinny: newbie armor quests + charmed pets

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dorina, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Dorina New Member

Hi,

Just started on Phinny and I noticed that many of the drops in the newbie zones are quest items for newbie armor quests such as Spurned Initiate armor:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1626
    The quest drops are in game, but it seems like the quest NPCs are not - is this correct? I should not make an effort to collect all items for these quests because they are not really live in the game?

Another question is about how much xp charmed pets take from their owner. Does the player have to out damage the pet in order to get all the experience or is it enough if the player does 1 point of damage? In classic EQ I remember that charmed pets stole 50% of the xp (when soloing).

Thanks!
  2. snailish Augur

The quests were implemented piecemeal over several eras. They have been assigned to PoP in progression is my understanding. Note that some original world GMs (halfling rogue comes to mind) have been removed to stop the quest, breaking other things like newbie note handing in.

Taking out all the drops (nearly all of which are otherwise useless) is quite a bit of work I don't blame them for not doing. Far more important things to fix on both live and TLP.

Progression is far from accurate anyways, Nektulos has NPC in it that were not there until years into the game (the arcane initiates) and lots of faction stuff (halflings in Nek) is not correct to what it was originally with no logic for the change (many halflings in Nek used to give +Dreadguard hits, seems with the revamp the variety of the faction tables was simplified).
  3. Draekon Elder

yes if the player isnt grouped and the pet (charmed or not) does all the damage, you get less xp. if you do 1 pt of damage you get full xp