Phinny Guilds/Officers - Flagging Status

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Machentoo, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Machentoo Augur

Dear guild leaders and officers of Phinny guilds:

With Phinnyprogress not listing any t1/t2 stuff at all, it is hard to evaluate which guilds are doing what in SoF and how fast you are progressing. Obviously a lot of players are still concerned about the flagging situation. I'd like to see if we can work out something that will help get most guilds into Crystallos well before the end of the expansion (and maybe start an era of cooperation that will extend into future expansions.)

Could officers/guild leaders please post answers to the following questions.

1) What is your current flagging status? (current # of mmm flags, and crystallos flags if any)
    2) What has been/will be your splitting strategy? (No splits at all, two split T1/T2, Three split, split meldrath when enough flags, etc.)
    3) Do you plan to wait on raids till you have fully flagged your raid force, or kill what you can with minimal numbers?
    4) In light of #2 and #3, when do you estimate being able to start to raid Crystallos? Clear Crystallos?
    5) If other guilds that finished flagging ahead of you have extra flags, would you be interested in looting them? Or do you prefer to do it all yourself regardless of the length of time it takes? For now, consider this a "no strings attached" hypothetical situation--no payment, no commitment, just guilds that no longer need flags helping out guilds that still do, for the betterment of the server as a whole.
  2. Machentoo Augur

I'll go first, for OGC:

1) Currently have 71 mmm flags, and 24 crystallos flags. Expect another 24 crystallos flags tonight.
    2) We have heavily split, including four splits of T1/T2 on the first night, and two split of meldrath.
    3) We have done everything we can with minimal numbers. No waiting at all.
    4) We started raiding Crystallos on 10/14 and expect to finish it before the end of the week.
    5) N/A
  3. Snomie Elder

Probably easier to coordinate this over the officer chat in discord, all the officer crew for the current guilds are already in there for the most part.
  4. Machentoo Augur

Someone should invite me to this server then!
  5. Zanados Lorekeeper

Rule one of PoR chat is one does not talk about PoR chat!
    Boze likes this.
  6. Snomie Elder

I propose we change the chat name to ‘cat pics’ for true stealthiness.
  7. sriraxa New Member

This is a stupid humblebrag workaround for what is squarely a DBG problem.
  8. Zanados Lorekeeper

We are all ceiling cats.
  9. Machentoo Augur

Ok, that's fine, people who think this is just a brag and don't want flags don't need to apply. Either way, we are going to have both crystallos and mmm flags going to waste shortly, so personally I'd rather they help someone since many of you guys seem convinced that guilds can't do it on their own without intervention.
    Dailor and PathToEternity like this.
  10. sriraxa New Member

You can do whatever you want. Don't obligate other peoples' raid time.

If you really cared about helping people on the server, your guild and the failed guild wouldn't have steamrolled everyone else on the way to all of your firsts and seconds for the last couple years.

Now that there's actually an issue that impacts longevity of the server and your audience for server firsts, you're acting gracious.

GTF0
  11. Machentoo Augur

I hadn't realized i obligated anyone to anything.
    Dailor likes this.
  12. Catashe Augur

Boy if so much either salt or troll.. I mean I know your a new member but damn... Besides I could sworn we also helped out certain guilds in PoR get there open world key pieces too when the picks were f'ed... and besides what raid time? some instances don't even lock after the boss is dead.. Meldrath being one of them.. All ya have to do would be come loot them after he's dead, sure its a hard thing to do but god forbid someone be nice so people can play the high end content in era...Sure it would have been nice if the devs would change the flags to higher but they can only do so much especially with a expansion coming out for the live people
  13. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Eh, Machen has been pretty helpful to the TLP community over several server eras, and I won't speak for everyone but I've never even heard of you
    Dailor, Machentoo and Boze like this.
  14. Amygdala New Member

I quit Phinigel and basically this whole game quite a few months ago and check in every now and then to say hello to some old friends that still play this game. I will say this though, OGC and it's counterpart Citizen has a long standing longevity in tlp servers, so if you can get past what you perceive as them just caring about server firsts and work together, I think you will find a mutually beneficial coalition. Just throwing it out there.
    Warrior007 and Machentoo like this.
  15. VandilIzer Augur

Could officers/guild leaders please post answers to the following questions.

1) What is your current flagging status? (current # of mmm flags, and crystallos flags if any)
    12 MMM raid flags

2) What has been/will be your splitting strategy? (No splits at all, two split T1/T2, Three split, split meldrath when enough flags, etc.)
    Going for SteamFactory / Overseer Split next week to try to be in MMM by week 3. Doing Big Bynn every 4.5 days.

3) Do you plan to wait on raids till you have fully flagged your raid force, or kill what you can with minimal numbers?
    We are waiting for 48 flags.

4) In light of #2 and #3, when do you estimate being able to start to raid Crystallos? Clear Crystallos?
    Week 4 of our raid schedule.

5) If other guilds that finished flagging ahead of you have extra flags, would you be interested in looting them? Or do you prefer to do it all yourself regardless of the length of time it takes? For now, consider this a "no strings attached" hypothetical situation--no payment, no commitment, just guilds that no longer need flags helping out guilds that still do, for the betterment of the server as a whole.

We are open to extra flags from other guilds willing to donate to the cause, IMO if you can beat the encounter you should be flagged on these servers, these time wall flags are BS and we are happy to take help from those willing to give it to get us moving along quicker through already defeated content.

-Vandil
    Leader of Last Of The Ancients
  16. Machentoo Augur

Thanks, Vandil!
  17. VandilIzer Augur

I missread number 4, I thought that was MMM, we plan for Crystallos starting week 7 ATM.
    Machentoo likes this.
  18. VandilIzer Augur

I dont think anyone has said that SoF isnt doable on our own, nor SoD, UF is a different animal.

The point has been predominately that giving the same flags for a 12 month xpack when we are doing it in 3 months puts extreme strain on guild who have zero interest in splitting. We are capable of splitting, we did it in Omens cause Anguish was to easy, and 90% of our guild hated it after a few weeks and were extremely happy to be 1 raid force again after that.

We have also been doing our best to split SoF to make up for the flags, but acting like just because its possible to do it we shouldn't ask for a better solution to the issue for not only our server but those coming after us is also .

We will deal with what comes because we want to play this game, but eventually will get hard enough that guilds that only field 45-54 people (a full raid force) won't even have the option of splitting either.

I can't speak for others but I am not asking for stuff to be handed to us, merely that if we can beat encounters in the xpack we would like to be able to single raid force each xpack and still be able to complete each in era if we are able to beat all the Raid bosses. If we cannot beat them then thats on us.
    Aegir and Ryak like this.
  19. Ryak Augur

I can speak for at least some portion of those others. We're charging ahead as much as resources allow, and I can tell you it's not any better solution than what you are doing. It feels like garbage to have to sit out, especially because i'm a completionist who would have done literally anything I could to fix this if there was anything i could have done.

When the only hope for being able to play part of the game this week is to try to lobby for someone else who is probably doing more dps than me to be removed so I get to see it, how could I even ask that? The answer is I can't and I just have to sit here feeling bad because I know i would do the same thing in their shoes (which I did for quite awhile in Mendacium).
    VandilIzer and Aegir like this.
  20. Machentoo Augur

We have ten other threads about the flagging problem, and it wasn't my intention to start another thread about why DBG should change the drop rate. Can we keep this thread to solutions that we can control--IE guilds helping one another.
    PathToEternity likes this.