Phinny 4.0.... really!!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silver-Crow, Aug 21, 2019.

1. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

You're sorely mistaken on how "easy" Classic is if you think you're gonna have time for another game.
  2. Coirnav Augur

People will beat Naxx in the first trip on WoW Classic 100% - Get ready for it! -- Its Easy if your playing with 40 people who know what they are doing now.
  3. Gana Augur

I am thinking that they are considering removing the Truebox from servers once they reach a certain point. Guessing that this server will be non-truebox to use HoT as a jumping off point.
  4. Quill Augur

I have no idea if a HoT-shot server with Heroic Gear will fly. Neither do they. I'll go ahead and golfclap it and say see what happens.

But if you're going to start that deep, the arguments against FV-loot AND TrueBox fall completely apart.

And to be perfectly honest, I don't give two bits about a Classic FV Phinny-Clone TLP that will take 10 years to get to the end. Maybe that's your hill to die on, its not mine. So starting in HoT is even better.

I've been pretty clear that the only thing I really want is a boxable server with AoC's and FV loot, preferably as deep as it can go to start, while actually supporting a population to get it going so they don't just merge it somewhere. Simply having the ability to go stomp old content on a whim is what i'm looking for. Simply login and go roll AoW or Nagafen for and giggles.

You can't do that on FV, because all that stuff is perma-down.

Heck, if they'd simply put AoC's on FV, i'd give zero cares about TLP from then on, and would finally buy TBL at half-off x2 as thanks.
  5. neveroom Journeyman

If so why ya need FV loot rules ? Unsure why they go together apart from boxers like to farm to sell ?
  6. yerm Augur

Yeah I'm at a loss as to what fv rules do for people looking to aoc old content on high level chars without truebox restrictions.
  7. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I mean maybe... But that's not the point. Classic WoW takes a massive time investment compared to these watered down progression servers.

Also, i'm fairly confident the raids are going to be harder then the "Blizz-like" private servers. The devs already confirmed the 5% parry rate on Raid bosses for private servers was way too low and it's actually 14%. I expect the AC tables and a whole bunch of the mechanics too be harder also. I won't be surprised if a very small numbers of guilds beat Naxx and AQ40 on the first day they're open. But i expect many guilds even ones that "know what they're doing" to struggle at least in the first week or so.

I fully expect people to steamroll MC and BWL
  8. Crowley New Member

Then you are blind. And keep on training them. You'll get banned eventually.
  9. Hinastorm86 Augur

At first, of course not. Leveling and pre-raid gearing, plus early gold farming, will take up every second of my free time.

But 3 months from now, unless I decide to go all in on alts, it'll be 90% raid logging. And i'll get bored, and play some EQ.
  10. Hinastorm86 Augur

nm reread.
  11. Veronious New Member

I am really looking forward to this server to be honest. I fell off Phinny and EQ when SoD came out, so jumping back in at this point makes sense. I also really like the idea of starting further ahead in the game. If I had to raid PoP, TSS, or OoW again I don't think I'd do a progression server. Plus I really enjoy my favorite class in this era (Bard) they have so much utility, and the added abilities are awesome. Plus having the lock, gives time to actually do all the quests and such. So there is a market for this serve, it may be a niche market, but I think it will be more popular than most people are predicting.
  12. Quill Augur

Pretty much covered that.

If you're trying to take a raid and get out from behind the 8-ball on gearing, it would help immensely. Particularly on a server that will likely have very high turnover while its getting set. And also one where expansions are being thrown at you while undergeared, every 2-3 months. The other option I can see them going, is to halving the lockouts ala Selos, but not likely.

You can simply spread loot around much faster to get on track, as opposed to say a Phinny-clone where everybody is already fully geared coming into every expansion.

Epics are going to be a and a half on that server. Not because they are that hard, but because you always get people that *must* do them, regardless of if they are in any way useful. At least Bard/Shm/Clr epic are mission-critical.