Phinigel: What Class Will You Play?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by James, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Lokero Elder

On a related point, I don't think that the Shaman line of HP buffs stacks with the Magician shielding line of spells(Major Shielding, etc.). That said, they can still buff the pet, which is all that matters for a Magician anyway.

Either of those classes is a great second for a Mage, but Shaman is much, much, much more work to play than a Cleric.

Shaman slow is pretty incredible. I don't believe their haste stacks with Mage pet haste spells though?

Cleric with rez and better heals means far less hassle, but you probably won't be able to do things quite as easy as you would with slows.

The main issue is how much work it is to heal with a shaman, since they don't get any good heals til like 60+. GHeal only in Classic, Sup heal in Kunark(Torpor at 60 though).

If you want to heal alot and play Shaman effectively, then you are looking down the barrel of the insidious "canni-dancing". Whereas, with a Cleric, you just cast overpowered heal once or twice and sit on your butt and med.
  2. Lejaun Augur

Sadly, I think that day is forever gone to us. No amount of server changes will bring back the days of the unknown, with limited knowledge and everything being in discovery mode. The good old days when social interaction was more important than gear farming. *sigh*

Gotta make do with what we have.
  3. Rhodz Augur

Wife chose Mag so Im going Enc to work with her. Thought about two Mags but seemed kind of colorless. For solo time I dunno never was comfortable with Nec so likely just another Mag.
    Once the server hits SoV we may change up but that is a problem for another day.
    DE agnostic on both lets face it seeing at night really helps and racial faction is easy to get around.
    Bit of new ground for both of us.
  4. Tazro New Member

I've always been an enchanter but warrior is really really tempting me this time. I think I can handle the pain & tears leveling one up..maybe lol! If I can find a weekend raidy type guild then warrior fo sure.
  5. Fiyero Augur

Should I endure the pain of a rogue in classic if that's what I want to play, or just go Necro. Hmm, decisions.
  6. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

What class for a next full set of golden efreeti armor, guys? I'm thinking Wizard.
  7. Lejaun Augur

Troll Shaman
  8. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

jfc all the buffs and debuffs I'd have to do
  9. Lejaun Augur

Troll SK or Barbarian Rogue?
  10. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

don't threaten me with a good time now pal, dat sk
  11. Lejaun Augur

I just figure you did a mage last time, so maybe a healer or melee this time around.
  12. Shaeli Journeyman

Going paladin this time around. Will be accompanied with a friend who's willing to run around with a druid, should be a pretty interesting time for us both.
  13. Punchu Augur

Monk.
    Vaclav likes this.
  14. Rhodz Augur

We did some play testing on LJ with Mag/Enc and then with Mag/Mag.
    There just is no real arguing with that kind of dps in a duo.
    Mag/Mag it is.

After RoK launches we should be in a good spot to do a decent bit of twinking without breaking the bank.
  15. Choonk Lorekeeper

Clearly everyone needs to be a 50 SK by Wednesday
  16. Shadowslain New Member

Having to figure out what class to play is the worst part of the new server announcement! Same as last time, whatever I think I am going to roll, it will probably change at the last minute on launch day.
  17. Ltldogg Augur

I'm not sure. Back on the very first progression server I played a wizzy, had fun and had no problems getting a group. On Fippy, I was a cleric and was perma group/guilded, but clerics are boring. I played a Monk for years in Live. I'm thinking either Rogue, Warrior or Wizzy.
  18. taliefer Augur

i was thinking that too if i go monk on the new server. full efreeti armor, then get a tranq staff in kunark and slap a generic 2h sword ornament that fits in all 2hand weapons from the marketplace. warrior monk!
  19. Rhodz Augur

Monks are great, my favorite class by miles if one goes by playtime alone.
    They do ok in Classic due to being a bit less gear driven than other melee, maybe after RoK maybe not by then it will depend on how the server is doing and if going the raid route or just continuing in group content.
    In short had enough dealing with the scads of skill work and pulling for people that only complain about not enough mobs, too many mobs, or AFK tanks and healers :).
    Yeah kind of like a job isnt it.
  20. Fiyero Augur

Rogues are going to be pretty unwanted for awhile which is their main downside.