Phinigel: What Class Will You Play?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by James, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Zivix Journeyman

You must not have played on Ragefire or Lockjaw. The population was more like the below list, with each class moving either up or down one slot at any given time.

Most Played:
    Magician
    Necromancer
    Druid
    Shadowknight

Middle of the pack:
    Warrior
    Cleric
    Wizard
    Shaman
    Rogue
    Ranger

Least played (before Kunark):
    Monk
    Bard
    Enchanter
    Paladin
  2. Lejaun Augur

Going for it as a warrior this time around.
  3. Crayon123 Augur

I do not believe the class percentages of RF or LJ will accurately represent what appears on Phinigel.

Boxing was so common on RF / LJ that it manipulated class choices to work best around individual boxed groups. You give a guy one machine, possibly two, where he's limited to a solo class or something that has synergy together (so he can at least kill something while LFG) and see how it changes.

It's not going to be the exact same population roll-up, I promise you.
  4. Trevalon Augur

Going Enchanter with a Mage Box, and my RL friends are going Warrior and Necromancer.

LFCleric!
  5. Zivix Journeyman

I can accept that it may not be the same. However I don't see any reason why it would be much different. Magicians won't be as boxed, but they'll certainly be as played. The rest of the classes stand where they are, due to the nature of classic and the buffed raid targets or in some cases, like Rogues and Monks, they just don't compete well with mage pets until they can obtain their epics.
  6. Lokero Elder

Well, just a strong recommendation to you guys going wimpy-race Clerics... you'd better dump some starting points into STR stat when you create. That plate armor is some heavy junk to be carrying around with 60-70 STR.
  7. Lokero Elder

Magicians as a non-box class are pretty unpleasant, though. It won't matter for the people who are perma-grouped, but I'm betting the numbers go down quite a bit when people who are trying to play that 1 Magician realize they aren't an army of one.
  8. Trevalon Augur

Dwarf cleric is the best...

That being said, the Tunare idol is freaking awesome for Clerics and it is the cheapest idol and it can only be used by High Elf Clerics...

So High Elf is pretty much the only option for Classic/Kunark imo.
  9. James Augur

Was thinking Mage/Cleric box for this server releasing BUT would a Druid be better over a Cleric boxed with a Mage? 2 Damage shields (they DO stack don't they?), buffs, Sow Ports etc? Curious
  10. Trevalon Augur

DMG shield doesn't stack, it just takes the higher of the two, so your mage DS will always overwrite your Druid and Cleric has better buffs and heals and Jboots are a dime a dozen as well as SoW Potions being fairly cheap.

The question is really do you want Ports or do you want better buffs/heals/res?
  11. Zivix Journeyman

Right. However they are the ultimate item farming class and in classic that's basically all there is to do 90% of the time at level 50.
  12. James Augur

Mage pet with "good" weapons and Buffs is a bad mofo to farm with.
  13. Vazuvius Augur

I think necro is better if you are 100% solo. You can escape pretty much any "dangerous" situation, you have DA...you can DPS while tanking and healing yourself. You can actually kill things mages can't. The view of the necro class as the 'solo' class is just skewed by the fact most people have 4-5 mages + whatever their 'main class' is currently. If they nerfed mage pets the 12 boxers wouldn't even be an issue.
  14. James Augur

ok lemme rephrase this then. Good point on the shields not stacking, you taught me something there. Comparing Shaman to Cleric boxing with a mage, is Cleric still overall a better choice? Never really boxed before, least not seriously. I ran an afk box duo Mage/Chanter a while back till around 80 but nothing serious so I wanna make sure I do the right combo. I assume 100% Mage is primary now just looking for the optimal heal/buffer to box Mage with.

Hence why I came here looking for suggestions from you guys.
  15. Friday Augur

Necro this time around unless I find a good PST guild. If I can fall in with a good bunch of players/ decent raiding guild, I will play either a Shaman or Cleric...
  16. Finley Augur

I think I probably need to dump 5 into AGI on Erudite for the Armor Class and then will likely do 25 into WIS. It sucks but workable. Platinum Ruby Veil helps a bit too!
  17. Fhiele Augur

A solo class for sure. necromancer probably. I have 3 small children and can't commit to groups properly.
  18. Grandma Elder

I am and always have been a Halfling druid and grandpop is a gnome magician.
  19. Demoncrusher Lorekeeper

Gnome Shadowknight, as always.

Demoncrusher
    Retired Shadowknight of Quellious
  20. Terethian Elder

I won't be playing on the server. I don't intend this post to be hateful, spiteful, or anything. The new server simply doesn't have enough changes to really be the Everquest of my dreams, so I will just remember the old days and keep dreaming.