Phinigel: What Class Will You Play?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by James, Nov 27, 2015.

1. James Augur

Since most of us will be on a single character ...... What do you plan to play on the new server and why are you picking that class?
  2. Finley Augur

Erudite Cleric. I'm going cleric this time around because on Ragefire I found myself healing groups with my druid a lot and this time I want more than just Greater Healing in classic and Superior Healing in Kunark.

It's a long way out but Divine Arbitration is pretty much the coolest ability in any MMO too.
    Dojii likes this.
  3. ElaidaTL Augur

Ranger. I AM the ranger.
  4. James Augur

I'm considering going High Elf Cleric. I figure Cleric's are insta invites for groups and it allows me to level up faster to ensure I push through content to keep up with expac releases. I will admit, playing a Human Monk until Kunark release and do a race change does appeal to me.
  5. Finley Augur

Go halfling this time though, you won't regret it!
  6. Coach_Kegadin Augur

Phinigel's #1 Bard, no contest!
    Dojii likes this.
  7. Nolrog Augur

Haven't decided if I'm going to play there yet, but if I do, maybe a necro or druid or something like that.
  8. Drathus Augur

Thinking about Bard, Wizard, Mage x4

Before anyone says you can't box there - yes, I have 6 laptops.

While the spirit of the new server is about no-boxing, DBG insists on not bringing instancing to LJ or Ragefire. Instancing is something I really want, so I'll just box on PA.
  9. Batbener Augur

I am going to box 11 mages, but the last class is a toss up. Do I want a monk to train people I don't like, or another mage to just DPS everyone I don't like? Decisions are hard, so I decided to "buy" another 6 computers, and by that I mean DL another half a dozen virtual machines, and make 6 more mages!
  10. Drathus Augur

You currently can't play Everquest via a VM. It results in your account being auto-banned. This is certainly something that will be monitored for this server.
  11. Batbener Augur

I hope so, but I am guessing there will be a work around. There has always been a work around.
  12. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

The joys of people who think you can't see a VM machine from a mile away.....
  13. Kahna Augur

Necro/mage, Druid, Chanter. Maaaybe. I may go necro/druid. I know that chanter/druid is far stronger but I'm just not fond of playing chanters. And I'm still at a toss up on necro or mage, I prefer a necro but mages are fun too. Instancing actually makes is harder for me to raid than open world raiding does, since I live in the middle of the pacific ocean, but I am still happy to see it in game. I will probably spend most of my time soloing, when I'm not on the EQ2 TLE.
  14. Dojii Augur

Big Coach lyfe
    Finley likes this.
  15. Youngdeez Lorekeeper

Bigdeez will be making a return under the pseudonym "Dickmasters"
  16. Youngdeez Lorekeeper

I will also be playing a cleric. Halfling.
  17. Iyvy Augur

Enchanter yet again, but I might switch out the druid for a Cleric to be more useful.
  18. Mrbones New Member

I am planning on necro/cleric 2 computers - Still not 100 % sold though.... By the responses in this and other similar posts, it seems like there will be a lack of rogues/warriors/wizard/rangers>monks/pallys

I would rather not play the dime a dozen class as long as I am still useful
  19. Crayon123 Augur

Any class that has a hard time solo or duo (with 1 extra box) will be lower in population by default. Not many people are looking forward to coming back to the LFG list as a single melee toon that can't solo, that much is reserved for the masochists and those who put a high value on playing a rarer class.

Expect to see lots of bards, druids, wizards, necromancers, shamans, monks and magicians.

Rogues, rangers, paladins, and warriors will probably be the least played.

Clerics, enchanters, and shadow knights will likely fall in the middle area somewhere.
  20. -wycca Augur

Wizards aren't too popular on Ragefire, and they are horrid at soloing. Well, unless you're ok with a 10min med break after a few minutes. They're also, quite possibly, the worst group class.