Phinigel - SoD load balancing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaera, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Jaera Augur

Hello devs!

This is a friendly reminder that Phinigel is about to hit SoF which means in three months it would be quite nice to not have a train fiesta while doing SoD progression in January! If you could apply load balancing to SoD and further expansions, we'd be much obliged!
    PathToEternity, Elmdor, Ryak and 2 others like this.
  2. Ryak Augur

This is another good point. Don't forget to turn on the next batch of expansions for pick zones, indeed!
  3. Jaera Augur

Sending this back to the top, still super important and nothing from the November patch about it (expected with the expansion launch due!)
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

5. Ryak Augur

Too busy to change a bit flag?
    Time Burn likes this.
  6. Jaera Augur

Good to keep this one visible at least though as a reminder. I fully understand it wouldn't have been in the patch for this month, which is already as small of a full-on monthly patch as I've ever seen anyways.

Its probably not as easy as 'change a bit flag' as they might need to do some checking to make sure it populates correctly. There's no MOTM to worry about and I don't believe there are any strange zone interactions though (maybe the void, even though that's handled by individual flags) so hopefully its something they can easily get in place for the December patch.
  7. Elmdor Lorekeeper

lol. do you do this on every thread, bro?
    Nolrog likes this.
  8. Hinastrom Elder

Oh Phinny is about to get mercs? Thats cool for people trying to catch up who don't want to box.

Personally I think mercs should be added earlier, when it is clear that the server is so top heavy as to be almost impossible for people to level up, as there are no groups.

Then make mercs unusable after a certain level. For example, if the cap is 70, let people use mercs up to 60 to catch up, then they get disabled after that. I know people have this irrational hate for mercs, but they have a very important role in allowing people to catch up, as I stated.
  9. Punchu Augur

Without load balancing the entire server will bottleneck through a couple camps with less than a dozen spawns each.
    Kragin likes this.
  10. Kragin Augur

Wild Wild West boys ~
    PathToEternity likes this.
  11. Ryak Augur

I know you are busy with the expansion and the 3-month unlock keying thread, which is also important, but if there is any way load balancing on SoD could get done before the release on January 2nd, it'd be really nice.
  12. Jaera Augur

Back to de top one last time, I know its less likely due to TBL release, but it would greatly benefit both Phinigel and eventually Coirnav
  13. Ryak Augur

Can this make it into the patch before SoD? The open world progression will be a fricking show if the entire server is funneled into a single instance of an open world zone.

You've done a great job of getting load balancing in on the last few expansions, so please keep up the streak of good work!
    Boze likes this.
  14. Baldur Augur

Just December's patch left before SoD goes live, so if it's not in there then it won't happen in time.
  15. Ryak Augur

That's exactly why I bumped this. Please do your customer support staff a favor and prevent a ton of CS tickets about griefing in open world by getting this in the patch!
  16. Punchu Augur

Bust out those wizards and SKs boys.
  17. MaxTheLion Augur

Who's organizing the PoTime raid?
  18. Ryak Augur

You presumably lock down the patch some time in advance of its release, so it has to be cutting close here pretty soon...

This is your last chance to stop the support tickets this will cause from people being griefed in open world!
  19. Punchu Augur

Any guild want to admit to being on Test in large enough numbers to see if they ninja fixed this?
  20. Ryak Augur

I know there is a lot of demand to discuss this because time is running out for this, but let's keep it in this one thread.