Phinigel Server Coming Weds, Dec 9, 2015 @ 2PM PST

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. code-zero Augur

It's easy enough to lock down targets with a group of 6 accounts each ran on their own dedicated box. It's also easy to lock down some targets with just one or two characters like some did in Runnyeye to monopolize the BAM.

If the users of illicit software as well as the accepted software want to make their case then the most logical thing to do would be to simply avoid Phinegal altogether and hope that it ultimately implodes and thus proves that the anti-boxers are not a good target demographic for the game. Now of course it may be a rousing success so we'll see
  2. bobjones1208 Augur

3. Kridina Elder

This. :D
    Ajjantis likes this.
  4. Jezzie Augur

Anti-boxers are just a small percentage of the playerbase.
    If there wasn't boxers that steamroll camps then there would barely be hate at all.
    The target demographic isn't anti-boxer or non boxers. It's players that are sick of m q'd box armies locking down content for loot. By making it the fastest paced tlp it seems they were targeting the more competitive element too!
    The users of the illicit software would love to see this server fail, then they can say they're not the problem.
    The problem is going to be the highly competitive nature of this server. There's subscriptions to be funded, rmt to be made and then there's those that just enjoy watching other guilds crumble.
    The 3 month unlocks has guaranteed that will be a (if not "the most") highly competitive server since the Zek glory days.
    Even without the advantages that 3rd party software offers I expect it will still be a cesspit of warped individual griefing people off the server.
    I hope the casuals are making back up plans, maybe Daybreak will allow transfers to the 6 month servers to hold onto the subscriptions.
  5. Gumby Augur

It's still a shame they didn't go with 4 month unlocks. Would have been nice to only have 3 expansions per year, but I can live with 3 months if I can find a Guild that simply wants to do all the progression at their own pace inside instances.

From what I've seen, Cross Guard is looking like a very good option for this.

I refuse to race for anything unless it's handed to me on a silver platter because that's just not my thing anymore.

Hopefully they do not lump LoY and LDoN into PoP and give both of those 3 months as well. That will at least make PoP relevant for 9 months, which is a solid time-frame for that expansion.
    Ecksesive and Kridina like this.
  6. Ecksesive Journeyman

Gumby,

Thanks for the plug man, we will definitely be doing all the progression and at a pace that's fun for all our members, while still getting everything done.
    Elkay and Kridina like this.
  7. Rolien Elder

Dammit Daybreak.

I tried EQ1 progression servers and the boxers demotivated me.
    I tried EQ2 TLE and the boxers and other things demotivated me.
    I wanted a EQ progression server that had no boxing and lo and behold here it is now I need a new monitor because I threw my wallet at the screen hoping the server would come out faster.

Everything I read sounds great. No boxing awesome, Instanced raids as well as open world awesome, content unlocked every 90 days instead of a vote indifferent. Now that making friends part seems pretty difficult though but I will try.
    Your_Ad_Here and Slambit like this.
  8. Vaclav Augur

Eh, it'll come naturally if you're at all personable.
    Kridina likes this.
  9. Zublak Augur

I think when it comes to raiding, some of these guilds will be a bit disappointed. They're expecting to casually roll up into their instance and get a kill no problem. I'm willing to bet 1 month in you'll see a lot of these small casual guilds demanding DBG nerf and/or remove the Mitigation buff. Personally I think they should remove it for instanced raiding and have it only on the open world bosses and I don't even plan on raiding here. But if you're going to invest this much work in a server outlined for the casual player base than you shouldn't punish them with over tuned bosses.

Godspeed!
  10. Weverley Augur

I agree 100% with you Zublak.Gonna take quite a while before queen bee get killed even by the major guild and the smallest one might get at best at the end of classic if not in kunark.
  11. Grish Augur

On a no box server, the mitigation buff should be removed both in and out of instances. The extra 3X HP and Damage from the mobs should be enough of a challenge for most people without nerfing all pet class abilities against raid encounters.

I think there are still a lot of people out there that don't realize they have to play it straight for the first time in god only knows how many years. The reason I am going to Phinney is threefold. 1. No Macro - quest. 2. Instanced raiding 3. 90 day timer.

I'm excited to see how 50% of the population that were previously playing god mode will do without it.
    Kridina likes this.
  12. Detheb Augur

The Mitigation buff is because player power is exponentially higher than when these encounters were created. All of the content, with the buff on, has been killed with 54 people or less. No reason to remove it. If anything, it's a good measuring stick against Kunark dragons later.
  13. -wycca Augur

I believe that the dragons are doable with a traditional raid of 35 np, and the gods with a traditional raid of low 40's. This is without major mess, might be doable with less if its a bit messy.

Don't see how those #'s are a big barrier for guilds, anything lower just turns it into a glut of farming and saturation by single groups.
  14. Vaclav Augur

I just hope they don't completely screw up things with applying the buff to Velious+ though.

And that it doesn't drop off so sharply when they stop adding it that a following expansion is easier than the preceding one.
  15. Cainen Augur

Roshen / Devs,

Just to clarify, its 6.5 days account lockout PER raid target right? So a guild can have an instance of EACH per week: Vox, Naggy, Phinny, Sky, Fear, and Hate?

While its worded to imply thats the case its not spelled out clearly and this question came up recently in a guild discussion.

Thank you.
  16. Sadsong Elder

lol. Rinse and repeat? :eek::rolleyes:
  17. Weverley Augur

I rather have the mitigation buff then seeing what TL did on their first naggy i think highest character was 42 if i remember they did with 19 and about 12 were mage and about 1 cleric per group. At least it give a little bit more challenge.
  18. Finley Augur

I honestly don't see a problem with this. The top players are going to kill buffed Nagafen with a similar tactic on Phinigel. They'll use a strategy that takes the least amount of time to put into place and then adopt a more conventional strategy when they have more levels/players/classes available.

Buffing Nagafen just moves the bar further, but the spirit is the same. Now they might need a couple magicians to be 50, they might need a couple bards to feed mana, etc. But they will still pet wall the first Nagafen.
  19. Agrippa Augur

A number of guilds are going to beat these buffed raid targets semi-legit with a standard raid over cheesing a server first by petwalling. Real props go these guilds, not the ones that would have to use godmode in console games.
    Kridina likes this.
  20. TheInquisitor Old Timer

Great job, DB...you really could market this. I heard about this in eq2 and was instantly curious.

Instanced raids in the earliest content.
    No voting set time frame expac progression.
    No massive bot mage armies but traditional boxers welcome.
    How about a clean economy?

- Please make the krono non tradeable for this ruleset. Make it a clean start with a clean economy. It would be so refreshing. Take the rmt dollars out of just -one- server.

Just one last step to really separate this server from all the others, the rmt boxers would have no real incentive to try and get past the multibox code. (They all the other servers for that purpose.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.