Phinigel Server Coming Weds, Dec 9, 2015 @ 2PM PST

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tris Augur

There is one huge flaw in your assumption. Not all boxes are payed wtih Kronos. Alot are payed iwth standard subscriptions. I strongly dislike trading, so the Kronos business is not my deal, But somehow its been brainwashed into the mindset of everyone that all boxes are kronos funded. I dont have the numbers of course, how many will not be allowed to play on their payed accounts, but in my opinion, the business model is incredibly rude.
  2. Tachyon Augur

Healthy is a relative term. Compared to what it was during Velious, it was anemic. But yes, people were still playing, which is cool.

My point is that what they will or not do about three month lockouts come Underfoot is a bit of a premature concern.
  3. Machen New Member

It's hard to judge the actual population but just in terms of active raiding guilds, there were only a few more during velious than DoDH. Yes, there was some steady attrition over time, but there was no mass exodus at GoD. Or if there was, those players were mostly replaced by new players coming over from live during OoW.
  4. Grish Augur

Yeah, Fippy's population started to decline pretty heavily in DoDh and even moreso in PoR. I think it's more to do with 4 straight level 70 expansions and PoR being horribly small than anything else. It was still far different from live at the time. If DBG would release PoR with DoDh or half way through and then just continue to open TSS 3 months after PoR, it would improve things a lot in my opinion.

I also still think DoN should be released about half way through OoW. These mini expansions should be treated as LDoN and LoY are on progression.
    Machen likes this.
  5. Elkay Augur

I know not all use Kronos.. I had 3 accounts for a large portion of my EQ life and added 3 more for a short run on RF. Never used a Krono for sub fees. But when it comes to the 12.. 18.. 24+ mage armies, you can't possibly think all of those are paid out of pocket by the players controlling them. Many are players with more Kronos to burn than they know what to do with.
  6. ZYLIE COYOTE New Member

Oh no I do. I personally loath even the concept of Krono and believe it effects, all be it a small one, in game play when trading with other players. Personally I won't be switching even thought he instances sound nice, the 90 days will be far to fast around the velious / luclin era and especially there after for PoP and beyond. I did a big *sigh* when they said that they didn't plan on implementing this on RF/LJ, but it's honestly not a deal breaker for me. Personally I think Krono should only be able to be gifted to an account once every 3 weeks, so you can help your friends play and/or sell it for a bunch of plat to someone who can't afford the bill once a month, with that type of limitation there wouldn't be this ridiculous black market for krono and box-teams farming for RL cash, so on. Which, was my original point, effects my in-game experience and wanted to know if there was going to be anything prevent this on the new server. THAT would convince me to move, but all this other stuff is fluff and I honestly don't care one way of the other. But yes, play the game with friends, earn your stuff!
    Kridina likes this.
  7. Jezzie Augur

Although the server will have instanced raids, the majority of playtime will be spent in open world content. This content is shaping up to be highly competitive aka dps race (ks) aka wild west.
    There are just not enough players interested in competitive play. I think if that's what players wanted, they'd being playing pvp.
    I think the fear is that Krono magnifies the incentive to play in a more hostile manner, therefore damaging the population.
    I expect an initial rush of people to the new server but I don't expect instancing and no m q to keep people around, player attitude is the problem. I believe that Ragefire/Lockjaw are going to look like better options. The bot situation is sad but the krono market appears to have slowed down considerably and I don't think the box armies will be around much longer. The folks that are creating the problems on the existing servers will be headed to whichever server is going to be the most profitable, whether that's RMT or just farming for subscription.

I'll predict that the "competition" will damage the population (again, as it always does). That drop off will be blamed on the true box rule and the 3 month schedule will hurt the chances of the population recovering after the dust settles.
  8. Sneakle New Member

Roshen. That argument really doesn't hold it's ground! It doesnt affect those who don't want to raid, it's a bonus for all players who want to raid. You will see more subscribers on Ragefire since they have things to do other than farm group gear, which getting old really fast. You will see 2 or 3 guilds battle over Velious, and 2 will battle over the important bosses etc. The rest wont be able to play that content. It's a detrimental decision.

Any argument saying that it is a dramatic change against the benefits it provides is a bit of a moot point or And Sorry couldn't help my self there :D

But really, instancing raids doesn't change anything for those wanting more classic eq, tehy can just not go to those instances. Lets get a poll and you will see a win for instancing raids, you might even get som to sub/krono back in to vote for this.

Only allowing, yes allowing, 2 or 3 guilds to get the end content is bad and you know it.

While I'm here. Ancient Jarsarth spawns less now for some odd reason, I've spent about 30+ hours camping him now killing everything. That too is detrimental since only one guild can raid VP atm. TL got their keyes due to alot of FV instances when Kunark opened and an increased rare spawn thing. Now no other guild can get into VP really, one FV instance and one AJ to, or try to, get that annoying piece from. Hov can it be bad to instance stuff and make something like this spawn and drop more. And I'm 100% sure, some in your dev team made AJ more rare than it should be.

Back to topic, make a poll on Ragefire about raid instancing and see.
  9. Jezzie Augur

It would seem those who enjoy competition are moving to the instanced server so really it makes no sense to not instance the other servers.
  10. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

You've had close to 3 months to get like the 30ish necessary Jarsath kills. This isn't a question of extra instances or some secret boogeyman turning on the rare spawn switch, it just comes off as the whining of a newb who has never had to camp something before that is extremely random.
  11. Norathorr Augur

This server will earn DBG a sub if they make the leveling path the same as in classic with full hell levels and correct amount of exp gain and attune player power to era specific relevence.
    MBear likes this.
  12. Tinytinker Augur

No thanks, and no to ideas you did not mention, like racial penalties and hybrid penalties in place too. I hated the xp penalties on Project 1999 and I'd rather not see hell levels come back.
  13. Montford New Member

So ive never played on a TLP before and i believe i will be trying this server out with a few friends i know a FAQ will be coming in the future but i thought id ask here incase anyone has the answers.

1. Mercs and such will not be available until the expac that released them is available correct?

2. After reading through this thread it appears Kronos play a big role, does it create an economy where plat is completely useless?

3. Will all the old school zones be implemented, like old school freeport and lavastorm ect or are the new versions of these zones be implemented from the start?

4. Will the leveling be increased with the 90 day timers? like will it take a month or two of casual playing to hit 50 or will leveling be similar to p99?

Thanks to anyone who reply :)
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I'd be willing to gamble that most (90%+) that box over 6 = all krono subscriptions.
    It's just far too easy once you box to accumulate krono on a TLP.

Next TLP with my solo guy I don't have to worry about a subscription for the next decade or 2.
  15. Numiko Augur

I actually have a question about the new server!

Will they be removing things that were missed on the last set that were obviously not "classic"?
    seemed to be mostly Tradeskill stuff like Stat Food and Pottery Idols.
  16. Norathorr Augur

I could happily do without hybrid penalties, but racial penalties should be in given how advantageous especially regen is for shammy and necro leveling. Without the proper leveling curve and using modern powered toons everyone will be maxed too fast and running around in best in slot gear within two weeks. On p1999 I managed to get 10% of level 54 constantly killing for an hour and twenty minutes on my shaman duoing with a mage in Burning woods. This is the kind of exp curve the game should. My reason for playing here is that I would like to experience Pop-Buried sea again with era specific toons. Instancing I can take or leave and traditional boxers I dont mind so this server could be pretty appealing if it were not tuned to be an easymode roflstomp.
  17. Numiko Augur

Really my only beef with Krono is it allows the transfer of game wealth from one server (or game) to another, on a regular server no big deal, but this server is supposed to start out as a classic server with everyone starting on an even footing.

The fact that some people will show up here with hundreds or even thousands of Krono skews everything.

They will be able to snap up all the available plats right from day one and fund things like maxing out their trade skills in just a day or two, they wont even have to Ding level 2 or leave a city zone to do this.

This will make them even richer and we see things like people with 10's of millions of plats and still have hundreds of Krono before the launch of Kunark.

It's not a good thing when 1-2% of the people have 99% of the wealth in game.
    Your_Ad_Here and Friday like this.
  18. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Yup it's one of the main reasons someone with a ton of krono can heavily influence the early economy.

It's a silly mechanic that allows my hundreds of krono from rage + lock to influence a new server with ease.

If they wanted they could limit krono use / trade per account to a small min like 2 in classic per account and increase by 1 per each expansion.
    Kridina likes this.
  19. Jezzie Augur

1. Correct

2. Not useless, you can buy Krono with plat and items not worth a krono can be bought with plat.
    Prices of items are a bit insane though. Items that sold for 250plat on Vulak were selling for upwards of 5k plat on Ragefire/Lockjaw. As they were being sold for 1 krono the value of items actually increased as time went by.
    For example BAM's sold for 500plat on Vulak, as time went by they dropped to 250 and then people stopped farming them so you could go get your own when you needed them. On Lockjaw they started at 1 krono and it wasn't until the value of a krono became around 7-8k that players started charging 6-7k plat.
    Pretty insane imo to pay a strangers sub for a month for a mana pres II item but people paid it so it was heavily botted.
    Plats always needed for tradeskills though!

3. Was the new versions on 2.0 and 3.0, no announcement that this server will be different

4. Never played P99 but I read somewhere that the xp is slower than original eq so Id guess you'd be surprised by how fast you level. At least twice as fast as original eq.
  20. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

The simple fix for Krono plonking on TLP is to not let them be used (traded) within a TLP server.

The Krono was originally slated for "30 game days" or "1500 Station cash(?)"

That said, You can still benefit from Krono in their "original intent" by allowing them to only be used on Live servers.

When used for their original intent, on a live server, Krono still brings these two benefits and keeps them off TLP servers and the caustic, toxic people farming for them there.

Before any of you plonkers point out work around(s) for this type of restriction, yes I know there are ways around it, but the further away from direct abuse on TLP the better.
    Kridina likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.