Phinigel Server Coming Weds, Dec 9, 2015 @ 2PM PST

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elkay Augur

Kronos help keep the lights on and the servers up. Most of my qualms with RMT/Pay2Win don't apply to EQ TLP because the game is 16 years old and everything's been done already. If people really want to pay more money to have fun their way in game, let them do so as long as it doesn't negatively impact my experience.
    Tronk likes this.
  2. Sphynx_CT_SR Elder

You are right, I am only basing my information on what the development TEAM stated in the expansion launch video that the team did not have time to produce a new TLP server because they were spending time on the expansion and it would have to wait until after the expansion launched. Based on that, it appears they spent time working this server INSTEAD of working on the HORRIBLY BROKEN expansion they pushed out before it was ready, ALSO in contradiction to what they stated in the video. So you are right, I took Holly at her word, how stupid of me.
  3. Steampunk Augur

How many sinks can you possibly need? A nice deep double for the kitchen, one for each bathroom (two if you are fancy), maybe a laundry room..... there ya go!
  4. Machen New Member

Roshen,

What happens when the server reaches later expansions that take >3 months to defeat? Everything before Underfoot is doable in a month or less, but Underfoot has never been defeated in less than four months. House of Thule and Veil of Alaris will both be pushing 3 months minimum as well. Will the server unlock speed be adjusted at that point?
  5. Elkay Augur

It should probably be something like 90 days or expansion complete + 30 days, whichever is longer. The unlock time needs to be decided before server launch, though. Otherwise it's just going to turn into another form of "voting" and complaining.
  6. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

Yeah.....NO! No thanks...keep it as stated, 90 days, NO VOTE.
  7. Kibanu Augur

That brings up a good point. I bought the 40 slot bag for my monk on Lockjaw. I believe it's 1 per account. So am I totally screwed now? It's Heirloom but that doesn't matter across servers, right? How does this work? :(

I'll be making a monk on new server if I switch and this bag is crucial.
  8. Numi Journeyman

Tell that to all the staff who got laid off... i'm sure it will make them feel much better.
  9. Tronk Augur

It is silly to expect Krono to pay all the costs, what with so many of you against their existence.

They provide a necessary solution to an issue which causes no end of fraud and customer service. Those things are very, very real issues with huge costs and which now can be used for other things.
  10. Herf Augur

And you do realize that the rate at which coin drops and must be expended for supplies has to be carefully figured out, don't you?

Then if you add the ability to convert between real world dollars and game coin you mess with that economy because you increase the sale price of items that can be farmed, thus encouraging perma-camping and raising the cost of other things. This is why items are SO expensive on older live servers.
  11. code-zero Augur

Virtual World Economies in 2001

Handbook of Economics of the Media

The reason for bringing this up is that ever since online games became available there has been real world economic activities associated.

So finally after years and years SOE and Daybreak came up with a way that the company that publishes the game can realize a profit on that real world transfer and that is some sort of sin? The fact is that plat sellers and powerlevel services and all manner of similar junk went on unabated with some even accusing the game companies of being partners.

Krono helps Daybreak keep the doors open. That may be offensive to some purist out there who would prefer to pretend that that was never a Yantis and no one ever bought plat but that's not reality.

The only problem on the TLP servers was that people seemed to undervalue Krono, something I suspect may be due to many of them buying bargain Krono from places that used to sell plat. The upside to that is that Daybreak realized a $17.95~ transaction from that illicit Krono whenever it first sold. They never got a dime from any of the plat that the plat farmers/sellers dealt in
  12. Weverley Augur

I remember back during combine people selling their accounts on ebay.Much better to have daybreak selling krono if you ask me.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. ZYLIE COYOTE New Member

I'm still on the fence about this server honestly, the instancing sounds great, the 90 days also sounds great until Kunark... maybe Velious, and the attempting to prevent boxers is nice as well and I do appreciate that... but the thing that will hurt this server is Krono transfers. I know a BUNCH of people that are gear dumping and plat farming right now to transfer a ton of krono to this server for black-market dealings which will not be good for the in-game economy. So my question is this...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    @ Roshen

Is there anything in place to prevent a massive tidal wave of Krono being imported to this server on day one? Like a lock out, or making Krono server bound?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know the answer is likely no, but I am curious.
  14. Lexani Blades New Member

Will TLP server players from lockjaw be able to transfer characters when expansion progression is in the same era? for example when both are in Kunark will we have the chance to bring them over from server to server on the same account?
    Khadric likes this.
  15. Khadric New Member

This is my question as well.

I like many aspects of the server as planned, but to make another run at Classic interesting, I'd roll a different class ... with the ultimate plan of bringing my current main over when expansions align.
    Lexani Blades likes this.
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I hope not, ragefire + lockjaw = huge amount of duped plat sitting on them.
    Mezrah likes this.
  17. Numiko Augur

Kronos were introduced in 2013 .. seems to me SOE and now daybreak did a lot better before they introduced them.

I mean its made them so much money, they got sold off by their parent company in a fire sale, laid off half the staff and fired the CEO ... yep Krono sure has improved things around here!!
  18. Lejaun Augur

I'll take things that aren't related to each other for $1000 please, Alex.
  19. Risiko Augur

Actually I'd say that ripping off their customers by selling horribly bad expansions year after year led to them getting the company sold in a fire sale.
    Machen likes this.
  20. Lejaun Augur

Everquest was never as big as we imagine it, even at it's biggest peak. WoW took a lot of people away and has millions compared to EQ's thousands. The fact that EQ hasn't rolled over and died yet speaks a lot about how much some of us love this game and how well it was created (even with all its faults).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.