Phinigel Server Coming Weds, Dec 9, 2015 @ 2PM PST

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhantomRogue New Member

Love everything about the server except the gauranteed 90 day release. Still think it needs to be longer to allow for the gearing of guilds that are going to need to rely on the gaurantee'd raid lockout timer.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  2. Tinytinker Augur

I really wish Daybreak would consider running a poll to find out what players on Ragefire and Lockjaw want. Even if Holly and Co. decide not to do instancing on the other servers, such a gesture would inspire confidence/and loyalty by showing that the people in charge consider/listen to customer feedback.
  3. Mauser New Member

Roshen....curious how far are you going to continue the raid instancing? Could we get a list of zones for each expansion that you plan on instancing?

Would really like to see if you plan on instancing Inny, Cazic, PoSky?

Are you planning on instancing Trak? VP? AoW? Yel? NToV? Emp Ssra? VT?
  4. Roshen Brand Manager

At this time, there are no plans to add classes (or races) that are not available during certain expansions to earlier eras of the game.

Races and classes will continue to unlock as expansions unlock on progression servers.
    Hirbow, Ltldogg and Elkay like this.
  5. Ducreux Augur

Assuming CT/Inny will also be instanced that means a casual guild will see the amount of drops as CT(3-4), Inny(3-4), Vox(3-4), Naggy(3-4) or 12-16 items per week assuming they don't also show up for any contested uninstanced raid mobs. CT doesn't really have any real upgrades so you may or may not include him in your loot numbers.

Since many guilds probably won't have a raidforce leveled up prior to 3-4 weeks in we can say that they will have 8 weeks of instances before the first expac launch which would average out to around 96 total INSTANCED drops, with probably 15-25 of them being guildbank fodder (prayers of life, epic pieces, blood fires).

So no, your whole guild won't be decked out in gear but most of the good gear in the earlier game comes from group content anyway. As a Wizard for example the only raid drop you need is a White Dragonscale Cloak, but it's not like you can't kill Gorenaire during Kunark/Velious/Luclin if your guild is hurting for them.

With Kunark (assuming Gore/Talendor/Sev/VS/Trak are all instanced) the number of weekly raid lockouts/loot starts to get pretty good. A "casual" guild could devote an entire night to clearing Cazic/Inny/Phinny, and a second/third night to the Kunark dragons. If you are raiding more than 2-3 times per week you aren't casual and should be contesting the noninstanced raid mobs which would provide more loot opportunities.
    Kridina, Argosh and Sennik Jevest like this.
  6. Elkay Augur

This is fine and makes sense with expansion progression.

Would the team entertain releasing JPF/Stonebrunt/Warrens earlier? I recall some of the team being open to this in earlier posts. Those zones were really awesome but so horribly underutilized and obsoleted before they became relevant with the current zone release schedule.
  7. Sithil Elder

Like the new rule set, ready to re-up after quitting the mage army, no grouping Ragefire 2 months ago. Personally after doing 1 month on Combine I'd would have opted for 60 day openings but 90 will definitely do. Question Roshen about classic Fear, will just CT be an instanced option or will there also be the Golems and draco? Also will instancing continue through PoP for mobs such as TT and later into PoFire to get keyed for Time which was the first instanced raid?
  8. Finley Augur

Are there plans to continue instancing throughout the expansions? The News page also lists specific examples of instancing, but that makes it ambiguous as to whether or not the unmentioned raids will be instanced (like PoSky).

Thanks for answering all our questions Roshen, this is gonna be great!
  9. Crayon123 Augur

Although the number of instanced attempts per expansion cycle seems small on paper, 3 months of farming the same old bosses gets stale and repetitive - especially in Classic (where we just spent half a year in Hate, Fear and Sky).

The 3 month expansion unlock is absolutely perfect to keep things moving at a realistic and entertaining pace. Casuals will be able to keep up with guaranteed scheduled content and by joining a guild that best fits their playtime, it will not be an issue.
    Elkay likes this.
  10. nerdvsgeek New Member

I for one would love to have low level zones like Warrens available immediately upon launch. It gives a much needed area for Erudites.
    Lejaun and Elkay like this.
  11. fireworks Journeyman

My main question is how will the no-box policy be enforced? Is it by IP or is a physical computer limitation (motherboard UUID I suppose) all you are implementing? Virtualization has been around for quite some time and only preventing multiple instances on a single physical client could be easily overcome.. At least by IP you force someone to invest in VPN services to bypass. Also, how strict is this limitation? Will multiboxing be a bannable offense or just more difficult to implement?

Thanks for your time, this server definitely looks fun to me!
  12. Shadowslain New Member

If this was the original ruleset for Ragefire or Lockjaw it would be great.

Unfortunately at this point my options are to start over again and find a new guild (after 6 months of classic... ugh..) or stick it out on Lockjaw with no changes and another 6 months before FI and others move on and we can do more stuff. I'm skeptical about how many people will be around by that point.
  13. Roshen Brand Manager

There are plans to continue raid instancing for big raid targets, as expansion content unlocks.

To prevent this from being ambiguous, I'll collect some notes from the team, and get a raid instancing FAQ put together as we get closer to the launch of Phinigel.
    Kridina, Ltldogg and Elkay like this.
  14. Dicadrio New Member

How do you plan to address the inevitable decline on RF/LJ? A substantial amount of people are interested in this new server and those who are not will not likely have an active server to still play on. Will you merge the RF/LJ servers to maintain a healthy population or do you intend to keep them separate indefinitely? As a casual boxer I have no interest in the new server as I cannot play enough to group/level the old school traditional way by dedicating hours of time to group up. Sounds like players like me (Who probably contribute 25-40% of revenue based on volume) are going to have nowhere to play. Ragefire was fun while it lasted. Wish you would have waited to launch Phinny for another year or two after RF/LJ interest wanes.
  15. Darth Augur

13 Trak kills is 130 teeth average. I'll think you'll be fine.
    Simone likes this.
  16. Roshen Brand Manager

We don't want to do this by IP, as it can punish friends and families that game together.

As called out in the original post, this is by computer. This is a server where each player will only be able to play on one EverQuest account from their computer.

We're calling this a "True Box Progression Server."

Elkay likes this.
  17. shadowgod Augur

only people who wont be boxing on this server are the ones too lazy to google :)
  18. Catashe Augur

Expect that would be the end of kunark and into Velious and who going to care about VP anymore when you got all the wonderful Velious raid targets
  19. AlmarsGuides Augur

I think they will merge the two servers if it gets bad, that's most likely why they delayed Velious on RF - they want to see how Phinny effects both servers before causing their time periods to be different.

If they merge RF/LJ I'd say the population on Lockfire would be about the same as it is now on both servers. There are probably a lot more people coming back for the new server who quit before than there are people leaving these servers to go there.
  20. Aric New Member

Will original race/class penalties be in at launch?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.