Phinigel Server Coming Weds, Dec 9, 2015 @ 2PM PST

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finley Augur

I can't figure out if the open world spawn will be accelerated like RF/LJ or not. So there might be 60+ spawns for those who want to compete.
  2. code-zero Augur

Well then you can always compete for the non-instanced spawns. The quicker openings will ensure that no one can lock down content forever. They won't be done with gearing up in the older content before they have to move into the new.
  3. MBear Augur

I'm curious how the instancing will work.
    If they are going to instance expansion boss mobs, will it spawn up an empty SolB or an empty Permafrost?
    Will there be a time limit that you have to complete the kill before you are ejected?
    Assuming the zones aren't empty (Sky can't be if you need to get keyed for Eye for example), will all the same drops be available for epics and such in both the load balanced versions of the zone and the boss mob version?

Maybe this stuff is all basic and everybody else just knows but I have no real idea what this instancing will look like and would like to be educated about what to expect.
  4. aim2win New Member

also, the raid bosses were made significantly tougher due to one person playing 30 mages and pet walling.

how will these bosses be performing in the no-box progression server?

will they hit as hard, take as many hits and be applying the same mark of the old ways debuff?
  5. Silentmassacre New Member

I am assuming it will work similar to Plane of time. Which btw can and was killed with a main raid and single box raid players on the original TLP.
    If they run accelerated out world mobs too that will assist in the overall gearing, with instancing being a nice free bonus to all those who aren't neck-bearding 100%.
    The straight 90 day timer only eliminates prob 1-2 total spawns of instanced killing. It would be 18 months before GoD hit, and 1 year before Luclin even. That is sufficient.
  6. Eliseus Augur

I'm glad I saw this before posting, because I almost had an exact post typed out.
  7. AlmarsGuides Augur

2.4 pieces of loot per person if the raids are 54 members big over the course of the expansion (unless you split raids). That is assuming each raid kill drops 10 pieces of loot, I just used a grandiose even number to make the math simple.

That... is... well.... yea...
  8. PhantomRogue New Member

My point is more that the big guilds will have the World Spawns as well as their current Acccount Lockout on farm status, there is no denying this.

Where my problem lies is the casual guilds that don't have the time or drive to compete with the big guilds. They will forever be behind the curve, especially at a 90 day Automatic Release, the curve increases in severity with each expansion. This becomes incredibly noticeable into Velious and after every expansion after. This is why I believe releasing with Kunark, and going on a 5-6 month expansion timeline makes much more sense for the vast majority of the population.
    Son of a... likes this.
  9. Silentmassacre New Member

Casual guilds shouldn't be concerned about falling behind the expansions, that is why they are casual guilds. NEXT
    Kridina, Hirbow, DruidCT and 2 others like this.
  10. PhantomRogue New Member

Casual people are the ones STILL playing on RageFire and Lockjaw after the "power gamers" already stopped playing. They make up a larger portion of the population than you think.
    Son of a... likes this.
  11. Finley Augur

And they won't even fall behind.... 12 clears of raids is enough for a loooong time.
  12. Risiko Augur

Merry Christmas!!!!!
  13. Zargonza New Member

In passing I forget who, but someone said that Beastlord's and Berserker's might be playable from the start..Is this still a thing or is it to much to accomplish before the release?
  14. Elkay Augur

I have no objection either way - I'm not expecting "Classic" on this server.

I'd also be all for the zones such as JPF being available sooner than when they were released originally on live - more zones to play in at lower levels while those zones are actually pertinent.
  15. Silentmassacre New Member

This is a quality idea. JPF, Stonebrunt, Warrens all should be up and running for lower levels
    Elkay likes this.
  16. Roshen Brand Manager

Yes and yes.

The raid retuning we did for progression servers will continue to be in effect on this server. That includes the increase of raid difficulty for raid bosses, and the debuffs for groups of pets fighting these bosses.

Open world bosses on Phinigel will spawn at the same rate that they do on other progression servers.
    Hirbow and Elkay like this.
  17. Ltldogg Augur

I understand some of the frustration with this new server and especially given LJ and RF, but I welcome the work and effort by the Team to get us new types of servers and put the focus back on what I think is the best of EQ, the content up and through PoP.

I hope the next server they work on will be this type of ruleset but open with Classic, Kunark and SoV.

I will be playing for sure. I do wish the raid lockout counter was much shorter.

Cheers!
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  18. Crayon123 Augur

Excellent work on the rule-set Daybreak! Appreciate the early launch too, ensures a fun-filled Christmas vacation. See you all there!
  19. your bro joe New Member

Incoming, resub! after over a decade. See u there!
    Your_Ad_Here and Sennik Jevest like this.
  20. Lifebane Augur

@Roshen :

Are there plans to unlock Beastlords with the launch of the server?

wtb a reason to resub. Sigh.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.