Phinigel Server Coming Weds, Dec 9, 2015 @ 2PM PST

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaclav Augur

It's still going to have contested raids too - all it does is prevent is blockading people so they can't do X content at all. [And mind you with no statement on the planes, those might still be completely contested]
    Simone and Agrippa like this.
  2. Elkay Augur

Or play it casually for the first few expansions and use FFXI for the rest of your time? I bounce between games frequently myself. It keeps me interested in all of them.
  3. Steampunk Augur

Then, don't!
    Son of a..., Argosh and Sennik Jevest like this.
  4. Marthisdil Augur

So...after the new server launches, what is your schedule for merging RF and LJ and watching the new combined server implode?
  5. Warpeace Augur

I would say be cautious if you have seen the expansion they put out on live and the listening they did to feedback there.
  6. Dexar Elder

I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know this, but when this new server catches up with Ragefire/Lockjaw on expansions, will transfers be allowed? I couldn't care less about the instanced raids or the multi-box stuff, I just want out of 6 month expansion hell.

Many of us believed that Ragefire was to become the 3 month server and Lockjaw would be 6 months. All of that changed with the dubious vote that recently happened. It failed to record my vote over and over.

Also, can I assume 90 days is 90 days on this server and that it won't change to 45 day after GoD?
  7. Silentmassacre New Member

^ Lulz. Try hard. Hardcore account executive offering advice from mom's basement.
  8. Catashe Augur

90 days per expansion? So much for the hope of having a drama free life on the no box server.. You'll be lucky to get all the gear you want before the next expansion unlocks especially with the raid instances going back to the old timers
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  9. Eliseus Augur

No, I'm actually disappointed the servers aren't running longer.
    Son of a... likes this.
  10. Trainin New Member

My question is:

After the progression of this new server passes up Lockjaw / Ragefire 's progression, Will you open up server transfers?
  11. Silentmassacre New Member

90 days is plenty of time. On Fippy and Vulak most expansions were defeated within a week. Then a 2 month window opened up or whatever it was and the total time between expansions was less then 4 months.
    Hirbow and Elkay like this.
  12. Finley Augur

I mean with a few exceptions most gear is made obsolete when a new expansion launches anyways. I think 12 clears of most raids is enough. But if you need more time we have two TLPs on 6 month unlock timers.
  13. Zneak New Member

Why not let the folks on Ragefire/Lockjaw VOTE for raid instancing then?
    Simone, Darth, Tinytinker and 2 others like this.
  14. PhantomRogue New Member

90 Day Automatic Expansion... 6.5 day Raid Lockout.
    That leaves 13... yes THIRTEEN raid kills to get your entire guild loot in order to Prep for the next expansion. 13 chances for a Tolan BP before Velious comes out. 13 Trak kills, means your casual guild WILL NOT progress into VP before the next expansion.

I love all the rules on this server aside from the automatic 90 day release. We aren't all power gamers, there needs to be a happy medium between people blitzing through content in 2 weeks (Lockjaw through Kunark) and those who want to take a longer timeline.

I would much prefer to see the game Released with Kunark, then 3 Month Velious and 6 months per expansion afterwards.

The only reason I see doing a 90 day automatic release is if you plan on cycling this type of server. Where you again, merge existing live servers to make a "rolling" TLP server schedule.
    Your_Ad_Here and Eliseus like this.
  15. Melanippe Augur

As a single account holder, there is absolutely, unequivocally NO way I would consider playing on a server like this! Ever!!
  16. Kolani Augur

And yet, all the people on the TLP servers have been begging for exactly this kind of handholding and carebear central since day one of the current set of TLPs.
  17. Finley Augur

Uh, TL and FI did Phara dar with 35ish, and I think they were getting about 9 teeth per kill. Which means 4 Traks before VP. Even if you need 70 to kill Phara Dar you'd still have 4-5 VP clears before Velious. Buuut, if you have alternate accounts you can clear instances twice or three times a week and get your VP keys sooner. The roadblock to VP will be the outdoor pieces, not Trakanon.
  18. Silentmassacre New Member

Yes once Velious comes out, Trak flies away and is never able to be killed again. /tragedy
    Also if I'm reading this right, there will be one open world mob spawn and an instanced? Thereby adding another 13 spawns per expansion for those who compete?
  19. aim2win New Member

if the raid instancing blocks the whole account from participating during a lockout; i feel that raid instancing would be a nice benefit to ragefire/lockjaw and having a vote to release it would be fair for everyone
    Simone likes this.
  20. MBear Augur

Is this like that thing people do then look at you with raised eyebrows waiting you for to ask - "why?"
    Son of a... and Elkay like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.