Phinigel Server Coming Weds, Dec 9, 2015 @ 2PM PST

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silv Augur

/thread over.
    rune00, Elkay, Mayfaire and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sennik Jevest Elder

Who cares? Raids are instanced. okthxbai
    Elkay likes this.
  3. ShamWow-RF Lorekeeper

How did you guys program instanced Sleepers? Do you just like, remove the Sleeper from that zone and anyone can farm all 4 Dragons? Or what happens when people kill all 4 Warders inside their instanced zone? I'm genuinely curious.
  4. Tachyon Augur

If that's what you enjoy, go for it! The point is that now all of us will be able to farm dragon loot at our own pace. I've played EQ from day one and hardly ever brought a piece of loot other than a tinkered item or two. I'm not a Gnome guy.

With instancing I can put together my own raids and actually set up a schedule where I say to my guild, we are raiding Naggy on Saturday at 9pm. Definitely!

If someone wants to buy a Red Dragon Scale from you, more power to them! This just allows those who want to play the 'earn it themselves' game to do just that.
    Silentsong, Argosh and Elkay like this.
  5. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Can't begin to express how disappointed I am in this company by their lack of desire to implement fixes for problems their players are suffering from without telling them to "re-attain their x through normal gameplay" - in this case, leaving behind all of their friends, guild mates, and effort, if they want what they've been pleading for since these servers went through beta.
    Simone and Agrippa like this.
  6. squidgod Augur

Ugh...more classic...
  7. code-zero Augur

You can't play more than one instance of EQ from any individual machine. It doesn't matter how many are on the same IP. Didn't you look at the picture of the sort of setup you'd need that Roshen put in the announcement (not that anyone multiboxing is going to use something that cluttered for long)
  8. Thegoat Elder

Why are we playing classic for 3 months again? Please enlighten me. Nobody actually wants to do that...
  9. Tinytinker Augur

This is disappointing. Raid instances would help the overall health of LJ and Ragefire and make your lives easier. I can't imagine you enjoy wading through raid dispute drama in games or on the forums.

I'd also like to know how you plan on drama on the new server. What are you going to do when someone gets reported for false botting or someone takes offense to a boxer and decides to train them?
    Agrippa likes this.
  10. Sennik Jevest Elder

I want to do that. =/
    Ajjantis likes this.
  11. Sennik Jevest Elder

Still the same old EQ community. Lol, when will you guys stop complaining? If you liked RF and LJ enough to switch and play on that server originally than why are you crying that it's not like the new server? Don't be jealous, re-roll and put your game face on. I realize you put a lot of work into your RF and LJ and if so many people feel that way, no one is FORCING you to change to the new server. But obviously it was good enough for you to roll there in the first place. Boo hoo.
    Kridina likes this.
  12. Vaclav Augur

I notice that this response and the one to me removed the promise of "3rd Party Software being blocked" as per earlier comments on such.

Did I miss a mention of it? Or did that fall through and it's "standard enforcement" towards such? [I've never used the legal assistance software, but if it's legal I might consider it for running my "Traditional Box" from my laptop]

The name and image you provided seem to imply it's still in place - but you seem to be dancing around saying it. (I'd be fine with a "We're going to try, but we're not making promises" or something personally - not sure if everyone would - I know many are dubious, myself included, on how effective such protection could be)
  13. Jaime Lannister Augur

Roshen please any word about Velious Re-Vote for Ragefire?
    Even if it's vague like "we are aware about people asking for a re-vote, and will discuss it in the future"?
    ShamWow-RF likes this.
  14. Silv Augur

You don't have to go play on the new server... I think people forgot what TLP stands for :rolleyes:
    Argosh, Agrippa and Nolrog like this.
  15. Nolrog Augur

It's not an issue anymore, but it was an issue when that was said. The resources at the time were focussed on the expansion. They will likely start now on instancing the raids, which takes about half a day or so to set up (though they only have to do a handful right away.)
    Elkay likes this.
  16. Vaclav Augur

Yes and no - It will/would be good for them - but those that already quit would likely feel less inspired to join the new server when it came up if that was the case. After the "beta test" for such is set and Phinigel has some age on it would be the earliest I'd hold your breath for, that's the earliest it seems logical to extend the code. (And mind you, ya'll are expansions ahead - so more would need to be ready in advance - servers should match expansions around Luclin - so that seems like the best time to do it if they do)
  17. Vaclav Augur

Temporary Latin Proverbs?
    Zargonza likes this.
  18. Raynard Augur

Thanks team, super pumped for this server.
  19. Spitefire New Member

Wow, you devs seem hell bent on completely destroying this game. A no box server would have been great, but instanced raiding? As if load balancing isn't already enough of a benefit for players today. This game was never meant to be a handhold. Disappointing, you guys had a chance to create an interesting server but instead you are making carebear central. This is not worth tanking the other tlp's over.
  20. Eliseus Augur

This server sounded great to me. Then they mentioned 90 day lockouts. Guess I'll just keep playing FFXI.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.