[Phinigel] Master PoP Instances Testing Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Warlorf Augur

Agree Mabbu ... Coirnav along with rathe council were IMHO the hardest raids on PoP when live. I was in the top guild on EC'i as well ...
  2. MabbuPhinny Augur

Tower of Solusek Ro 100% Complete

I was able to complete all 5 mini's, received a character flag upon port of for each mini, defeat Solusek ro and hail the Planar projection for a flag. I was able to Port to the Plane of fire from the Lava portal in his room.
  3. MabbuPhinny Augur

I am not by any means trying to say don't use Mitigation of the Mighty on any PoP bosses. I don't have a preference one way or another actually, so long as the time sensitive fights are properly tuned and reasonably completable by an average or even above average skilled guild.

If they won't be tested properly, don't bother buffing time sensitive bosses, or up the timers.
    Lithien likes this.
  4. Warlorf Augur

I agree, TBH Id like to be see even the casual guilds participate in progression. That's just me though. Sure they may need some outside help, but with 15 year old content, every paying player deserves to at least have the chance imho.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

There are 4 mini raid bosses in Water:

Hydrotha
    Ofossaa the Enlightened
    Krziik the Mighty
    Grioihin the Wise

People often forget Grioihin because he is in first depth.

I was planning on testing this raid first when I got home from work as well... But im assuming the Coirnav lockout occurs when people kill the trigger mob Guardian of Coirnav to start the script?

Is there any precedent for this in Velious/Luclin content? I dunno if there are any comparable events with trigger mobs, maybe the Blood / Emp, but I didn't pay attention to when the lockout happened here.

So far the events I've tested that have trigger mobs, will have the lockout occur when the trigger mob dies rather than the final boss and I think this is a bug. I fully expect Rallos Zek lockout to happen when the first Decorin trigger dies, the LMM lockout to happen when Ralthos the froglok dies, Bertox lockout to happen when the Summoner trigger there dies. There isn't any reason for the triggers death to cause these lockouts. The loot lockout should prevent anyone trying to exploit and farm minis that drop loot from these events.
  6. MabbuPhinny Augur

Temple of Marr 100% Complete

I was able to enter the Temple of Marr from the AoC inside the Halls of Honor base pick, defeat Rallthazor, Champion of Marr, which properly triggered Lord Mithaniel Marr. Upon his defeat I was able to Hail the Planar Projection for the flag.
  7. MabbuPhinny Augur

Typo sorry, all 4 bosses spawn, and you are correct the Coirnav lockout is applied one "Guardian of Coirnav" is killed.
  8. MabbuPhinny Augur

If the triggers are not unlinked from the main bosses lockout, this will mean guilds get 1 attempt per week at those basically. If they fail oh well. Unless its fixed. The Trigger mobs are not likely to repop due to it being an instance.

We should try failing some of these events next to see what the exact result is.
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I suspect for most guilds, it won't be an issue and this stuff will be one-shot. But I do think it will suck for some more casual guilds who might fail RZ or Coirnav or Rathe Council, and then be forced to wait the 6.5 day timer because they killed the trigger mob and then failed the event.

For most of these events the trigger mobs were very fast respawn if the event failed. Bertoxx, LMM, RZ and Rathe Council all would reset less than a day later. Coirnav trigger I think was a 3 day respawn. Fennin I don't know if I've ever seen someone fail him but probably 3 day on him too.

I think the biggest one is Rathe Council as that's the one that is most prone to failure, and that's the one that resets within 6-7 minutes if you fail the timer. Should definitely be no lockout on at least this event until Avatar of Earth is slain.
  10. MabbuPhinny Augur

Sounds like Rathe isn't an issue anymore since it was reported that the council members respawn in the instance, so they can try as long as they want for 6 hours in one night.

That might not be the case with Coirnav, Fennin, RZ or Bertoxx. Their triggers don't repop, maybe the RZ do?, at least not in the time frame of the instance on Bertoxx, Coirnav, and Fennin though.
  11. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Coirnav event having MOTM does not make it hard with the new DPS changes. People have way more than a 10% DPS increase. It should not be excluded.
  12. MabbuPhinny Augur

Dima if you are going to post here, then you need to be objective. You are not being objective, you are only thinking about your own guild, and are showing an extreme biased to an end result that would not hinder your guild, but that you know would hinder the majority of the 18 guilds except a few at the top.

Stop posting if you cannot remove your Mt.Gox sized ego from the conversation...

Not testing the timed events after they are buffed is a very poor practice.
    Warlorf likes this.
  13. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

The point of any event changes is to remove any bottlenecks, not make the event easier by extending the event timer as you've suggested. I'm not sure why you think the majority of the server won't be able to do Coirnav with a 10% MOTM. Do you know the amount of relative DPS increase to say, Fippy or pre-AA/Melee damage buff compared to what the server has now? Why do you think the majority of the guilds are going to fail here with such a boost to the DPS?
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I know Mighty buffed Classic and Kunark mobs got HP increases as well, because 32k dragons.

I haven't paid attention to Velious or Luclin boss HPs... did those HP values get modified by Mighty buff as well? If so I can see the need for a timer extension on Coirnav and Rathe Council if they were to get Mighty Buffed. If the HP values aren't modified, then yea maybe a timer adjustment isn't necessary.

Though I do think Rathe Council should be set to the correct 7 minute timer rather than the reduced 5min 45 second timer.
  15. Trevalon Augur

Mitigation of the Might V (Which should be on PoP mobs if they are going to use it) would be a 10% increase in HPS/Mitigation. Not a huge difference, but for something like Coirnav it could definitely make the difference between winning and losing.
  16. Machen New Member

I am pretty sure Rathe Council will be frequently available in open world. Especially after the first few weeks.
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

This is a fair point however I think it's worth mentioning, the benefit of instancing isn't just that you have it available whenever you want it. It's that you don't have to deal with people griefing you.

The Rathe Council raid can so easily have 1-2 hours of effort locking down 6 mezzables and 5 tankables get destroyed by one dude just dispelling your mezzed mobs or dropping a train on you. Something that would waste 70 people's time because one guy decided to be a . It seems GMs don't really do much about this stuff in the open world either so that's really no recourse.

Not to mention having to deal with DPS racing on Avatar after burning mana and discs to meet the 7 min timer etc.

It's really just a lot more common sense to have the Avatar of Earth death trigger the lockout. Not the first councilman's death.
  18. Jaera Augur

Update on Plane of Storms:

While working today, I went ahead and popped the storms instance and cleared all of the giant camps, then hung out in the instance for 4 further hours. As of 4:30:00 instance uptime, none of the esoteric medallion dropping mobs had spawned. As of 4:38:34 on instance uptime, two finally had shown up.

So its not a stable 'wait 4 and a half hours to get your stuff', its possibly variable enough that the instance would collapse at 6 hours before you could get medallions.

Please fix this so these giants spawn on instance creation, or perhaps are tied to clearing the giant camps similar to the lords.

I ran over and killed Pendubk the Turbulent to verify, and they do drop 3 medallions each.
  19. Astley Augur

I mean, he's not wrong... There are currently 12 guilds who have been clearing through Vex Thal since October. 17 total have finished off Aten Ha Ra at this point. A few more will likely be added by February. With instancing they don't have to compete for open world mobs like guilds needed to during the original Luclin release.

Comparative DPS increase with all of that gear in all of those guilds is much higher than it was when PoP was first introduced.

Many guilds will run through PoP much more effectively than back on its initial release because of gearing distribution. 15 years ago, they were fighting for shared open world boss raids.
    Warrior007 likes this.
  20. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Astley likes this.