Phinigel Fun So Far!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ranec, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Ranec New Member

I started EQ in 2000, just around the time Kunark came out. I played non-stop through
    Ykesha maybe? I was one of the first in our Guild to get past Rallos Zek and get my toes into the Planes. I lost interest after that. The game had changed too much; like WoW has now. I have played every MMO since. Nothing compared to the original. I tried to go back to EQ every now and then. I left WoW to start a new character when there was the newbie island and everyone started in Crescent Reach. I felt "Wow, this is just another WoW hand holding experience."

I started on Phinigel the week it opened. It definitely has that "back in the day" feel -- waiting in line for Dyllin Starshine -- no mercy. I guess it's ok that there are no corpse runs. I don't miss them as much as I thought I would.

I'm just about a level 30 Druid -- what I have always played. I've died maybe 5 times, not counting stupid suicide things. The experience hit hurts - enough to make you curse; I like that! The pain of dying makes it a little more real. It actually creates that moment of fear and regret in the person behind the keyboard. That's good for fun factor! It's like watching a Horror film.

One thing I find annoying is auto-loot. It's nice and all, but it does imbalance things a bit. Now I can just dot up a mob and run away and still get the loot. That's like cheating. It also enables things like afk farming with a pet. Just get rid of it.

The Compass is Okaay_

All in all, it's been a marvelous ride.

Thanks Devs!
  2. Jaymond1037 New Member

I started four days ago and am having a blast. I'm not a college student like I was back in 1999, so my time online is pretty much limited to a couple of hours in the evenings, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the server so far. There are tons of low level folks to group with, and if I can't find a group, I'm happy to explore some old zones for a bit of nostalgia. I'm not concerned with the XP rate being "too slow." I'm in 4 days playing 2-3 hours a day, I'm already at level 9. Plus, I want to enjoy the journey, not just rush through it. It's going to be great progressing through the zones I haven't seen in 14 years. Found a wall group in Crushbone last night for the first time - ah, the memories.
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

If you need some help post up your toon name + class. I'll parcel you some pp and items if I have extra.
    Welcome to Phinny.
  4. Treesong Elder

I agree, this seems to be the best iteration of a TLP so far. Having a lot of fun!
  5. Baldur Augur

It's definitely the best iteration so far! I started back on phinny 2 weeks ago now and haven't seen a single bot farm army. Maybe there will be some at the higher levels, but it can't be as prevalent as it was on Ragefire/Lockjaw.

I love the exp curve too, makes you feel like you've accomplished a lot when you make it to 50, I hope they don't raise it too much with this next patch.
  6. Rauven Augur

You might consider taking back that statement when grouping. As a caster/healer, its a godsend not having to get up (stop medding) and pick up things. Doubly so if you have an ADD DPS that loots EVERYTHING.
  7. ElaidaTL Augur

lol. i remember people being kicked from groups for looting everything. autoloot solved that.
  8. Turinbar Augur

autoloot is the best thing to happen to EQ. Now Melee don't hoard everything.
  9. Finley Augur

Just remember, people post on the forums when they want something changed, not when they're happy with it. So don't think a lot of complaining on forums means the server sucks/isn't fun. A lot of the people complaining still like the server overall.
  10. Rauven Augur

I always hated resorting to kicking. Some simply forget that they aren't soloing. When you solo in EQ you tended to just shift click everything to hurry up and pull the next thing.

Hard habit to break in groups. Advanced Loot solved that. One loot system, for both solo and grouping.

But Ranec is right about the afk bots. It does make it useful for them.
  11. vardune Augur

Yes this is the best tlp by far.