Phinigel Flagging issues EoK to live

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hendoh12, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Good points raised, also the damage output of characters vs raid mobs was much higher in the past on TLP than what the encounters were originally tuned for, subsequent changes to the live game essentially made older content far easier than it was originally, AC scaling was another factor, closer to live we get the much smaller the impact of those changes to the live game will be & the much closer to the original tuning of the events we get.

Probably by RoS that difference in power approaches negligible difference and so the gear will be far more important than before, though no guild will need everyone to be full BiS if they have 54 players, the 3 Phinigel guilds are very likely running far below 54 now post-covid19-lockdown so gearing up as close to BiS as is reasonable might well be a necessity to progress effectively with lower numbers.
  2. That0neguy Augur

I think you need to clarify visible here. Also even with it as is you will have a few slots filled out with EoK gear. The gear is not the end of the world here, nor is it the main problem that needs to be addressed.

People have been saying that about every expansion Selo has been through, we aren't that far behind Phinny at this point, and it has never been true. People use gear as a crutch for avoiding mechanics and powering through things. The raids are not tuned around having full BIS gerar, nor do you need that to beat them.
  3. Rage Lorekeeper

You can use Phlogiston in RoS too, its only slightly worse then the main raid armour. The issue is less the gear, its not much fun taking 3 weeks of a 4 week expansion to finish. I'm not one who likes to farm things incessantly but being able to do the final raids more then 2-3 times is good.
    That0neguy and Skuz like this.
  4. Poem New Member

For what its worth, I know OGC and Resolute have full 54+ raids most nights, and people benched some nights
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's good, mostly we're in the low 40's now, not bad for summer months.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We have come to the decision that we do not have the resources to make changes to the progression at this time.
    While it won't help Phinigel and Selo, we'll re-address this topic in January.
    This will also let us see, in practice, How a stronger server handles this content on a short schedule.
    Heartland likes this.
  7. Auesheet Lorekeeper

Being the "trial" server sucks sometimes.

Thanks for at least entertaining our ideas.
  8. EQOracle Journeyman

Thank you for the reply Ngreth. Is there any chance of adding some sort of purchased reagent that could be used to craft RoS gear without requiring the EoK gear?
    Skuz likes this.
  9. JBox New Member

*gif of horsepoop*
  10. JBox New Member

Did you miss the post! ZERO resources. You want additional content?! Get outta here!
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

12. Raytheon Augur

Gonna call a little BS on that one, when Phinigel's problem could be solved by just pushing the release date for the following expansions back by a month. Didn't seem to have any resource problems fiddling with release dates back in Kunark through GoD.
  13. Kurrek New Member

This kills the server. While we were on a slow death spiral before, the rotation just picked up. It's possible the server doesn't catch live.
  14. Raytheon Augur

Of course it will reach Live. The problem with previous servers not reaching Live were they were voting servers. Phinigel will get there regardless of whether anyone is playing on it or not.
  15. That0neguy Augur

Well this is very dis concerning and disappointing.
  16. theonepercent Augur

So if our servers aren't worth your precious dev time you're making them free to play right?
    Absolutely pathetic response.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

While I do know the team is very short handed having lost three dev team members recently this does kinda cement in my mind at least that the devs never expected Selo or Phinny to get this far with active players and their plan, if they even had an amorphous one, was always cross the bridge when it happens, that's why we are left in the unhappy situation we find ourselves in now.

At least we helped "pilot" the TLP project into better waters for those who follow behind I guess, you're welcome.

Not like your giving us a choice other than take it or leave it, and I do appreciate that some of this is forced on the team by circumstance but it still leaves 2 servers feeling fairly screwed over.

But hey let's have the "guinea pigs" test to see if the Dev team can avoid doing any further work to the TLP model after TBM, despite the fact we have had to endure the past few expansions with over-scaled HA missions and those still aren't fixed yet, the TBM HA still rip non-raiders apart without mercy.

I'm one of the players & frequent forum users who gets labelled a "white knight" for my defense of the dev team, which I admit I do where I see it justified, but we have a good handful of players on this server who have actually been through EoK & seen it first hand already and I defer to their good judgement that 8 weeks is going to be problematic for us given how large EoK actually is in practice.

Disappointed doesn't come close to describing my feelings about this right now, and no January won't help either Phinigel or Selo at all. Time will tell if this was just another hurdle or the straw.
    Gafgarion and KimchiGoddess like this.
  18. Aneuren Tempered Steel

May I please ask someone give a summary, by the numbers (assuming no raid failures and no raid splits), of what this means in terms of:

1) maximum end-zone clears within the 8 weeks;
    2) maximum drops that can be reasonably expected that are then needed for RoS armor within the 8 weeks; and
    3) maximum RoS armor completed assuming no out-of-era raiding throughout RoS, as limited by (1) and (2)?

And perhaps, for comparison, those same categories but from a guild that actively progressed through the content on live (again assuming no raid failures and no raid splits)?
  19. JBox New Member

If it is human resources that are the issue. You can just look over at how currency increases after 3 months.
    Hit Ctrl+C and then move over to how long it takes RoS to unlock and hit Ctrl+V.

Seeing as RoS uses EoK armor, it makes even more sense to keep EoK as short as possible and then give us another month we are stuck raiding EoK without a currency increase. Ya know, just for testing purposes.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So 6 weeks to flag for the end zone if you have a fixed raid schedule a little under with a flexible one doing them on lockouts, leaves us with 2 weeks or just over of EoK in T3 prior to RoS unlocking.

Inside the chests (not counting cursor rewards) are:

Tier 1
    Event One: drops 2 visible slot pieces, 2-4 other loots & 3-5 runes, 2x currency & an element of Kunark (used to craft high level items).
    Event Two: drops 2 visible slot pieces, 2-4 other loots & 3-5 runes, 2x currency & an element of Kunark (used to craft high level items).

(4x8) 32 Visible Slot pieces from Tier 1 across 8 Weeks

Tier 2
    Event One: drops 2 visible slot pieces, 2-4 other loots & 3-5 runes, 2x Currency & 1x Element of Kunark and 2 backflag items (Di'Zok Royal Seal)
    Event Two: drops 2 visible slot pieces, 2-4 other loots & 3-5 runes, 2x Currency & 1x Element of Kunark and 2 backflag items (Di'Zok Royal Seal)
    Event Three: drops 2 visible slot pieces, 2-4 other loots & 3-5 runes, 2x Currency & 1x Element of Kunark and 2 backflag items (Di'Zok Royal Seal)

(6x5) 30 Visible Slot Pieces from Tier 2 Across 5 Weeks

Tier 3
    Event One: drops 2 visible slot pieces, 2-4 other loots & 3-5 runes, 2x Currency & 1x Element of Kunark and 2 backflag items (Seal of the Kar'Zok)
    Event Two: drops 2 visible slot pieces, 2-4 other loots & 3-5 runes, 2x Currency & 1x Element of Kunark and 2 backflag items (Seal of the Kar'Zok)
    Event Three: drops 2 visible slot pieces, 2-4 other loots & 3-5 runes, 2x Currency & 1x Element of Kunark and 2 backflag items (Seal of the Kar'Zok)

(6x2) 12 Visible Slot Pieces from Tier 3 Across 2 Weeks

32+30+12 = 74 Visible Slot Pieces across 8 weeks from chest loots before Currency awards

About enough to fully outfit 9 players in visible armour with a fixed raid schedule, guilds raiding on lockout will fare a little better.

Currency Awards:
    10 per player per event. (Doubled on TLP Servers)
    Over 8 weeks on a fixed schedule one player would earn (40x8) 320+(60x5)300+(60x2)120= Total 740

Enough for 3 - 4 items per player over the 8 weeks.

Vendor Prices

Well, if you don't back-raid EoK during the RoS era you won't outfit even half a guild with 40 regular raiders.

So I see EoK/RoS as being when Phinigel starts getting bottle-necked and it may mean guilds might have to consider delaying tackling TBL when it unlocks while they gear up in EoK/RoS.

How much of a Delay? Hard to say but my guess is around 3-4 weeks, guilds raiding off lockout & with a full roster will fare better but I still expect them to have difficulties taking on TBL unless they back-raid EoK consistently and then you have to consider burn out when raiding that much.

Someone else can run the numbers for Selos.
    Aneuren and Mithra like this.