Phingel + Another server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jiri_, Jan 18, 2016.

1. jiri_ Augur

It seems like I can't log a second account in on my computer to play on another server while I have a character active on Phingel. Can anyone confirm or deny that?
  2. Vaclav Augur

I've had no issue doing Test + Phin personally... I think I may have done Phin + FV as well, but not 100% sure on that one.
  3. Tudadar Augur

Can do phin and another
  4. jiri_ Augur

Hm. I couldn't log a second account into The Rathe, but it's working fine from a laptop. Odd.
  5. Vaclav Augur

Are you logging in via a "patchme" shortcut? If you do, my experience was through the normal patcher.
  6. jiri_ Augur

No, through the normal patcher. I got a "you have another character logged in" message, and it hung there forever.
  7. Vaclav Augur

That was logging in on the same account then... or one you'd logged out too close in succession to.

You can't be logged in FROM THE SAME ACCOUNT on multiple servers ever with EQ.
  8. jiri_ Augur

Yeah. I know I wasn't logged in on the same account, though - the second one isn't AA and doesn't have access to Phinny.

Perhaps just a weird issue.
  9. Vaclav Augur

Yea, sounds like the weirdness the wife had last night with her LD.... she LDed kept getting "character online" message for a good 10 min until she rebooted per my suggestion, then it went through np.

Sometimes login thinks someone is on when they're not until you forcefully reboot - rare case, but happens at times.
  10. Terethian Elder

The patcher is a pathetic program that edits a text file similar to how an INI file is edited, this tells the Everquest executable what account is being logged on. Sometimes the patchers malfunction especially if you attempt to run multiple patchers at the same time. the Everquest executable will read the "INI" file and think you are trying to log onto the same account even though you used the patcher and selected a different account. You need to close every instance of the patcher and everquest, and start again slowly, logging in fully and closing that patcher before running a second one.

The way a lot of stuff is programmed is pretty hilarious really.
  11. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Purely as a matter of trivia you could very early on but they changed it. Late classic early kunark sometime. Friend of mine shared an account with his brother up until that point. Worked fine if they played on different servers, which they did. Can only imagine the scene in that house figuring out which got to keep the original account when it changed. My friend kept it but he said his brother played as much as he did, ugh.

Test works because it's an entirely separate long in server.
  12. Ducreux Augur

I can't login to other servers on the same PC from a different account while I'm logged into Phinny. I can get as far as character select but attempting to actually enter the game will cause my Phinigel character to get DC'ed.

I just assumed this was normal.