Phinegal Raid Instance Lockout Timers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dojii, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Dojii Augur

I'm sure there is discussion on this somewhere in the forums and threads... but 6.5 day lockout timer seems a bit excessive.

3.5 day lockout for Classic/Kunark seems more reasonable. We will be working with limited content. If the open world dragons will be spawning every 24 hours--- (which is fine) there is still the likelihood of one Guild really just taking every spawn.

This would mean One guild kills Nagafen 7x a week, plus gets Instanced Naggy = 8 Nagafen kills per week.

Other guilds may be considered more "casual" but should be able to get at least 2 Nagafen a week in instances. There is always the "AlphaGuild" syndrome... I just see the open world being dominated by one corporation. It's just what happens. Save ourselves the drama by shortening classic lockout timers. Then the Alpha Guild can get their 6-8 weekly Nagafen's and the Casuals can get 2/week. It will just also make for more activity in the instanced raiding scene.

A fair balance between the open world/instanced raiding should be considered. It's very nice to have the open world "bonus" loot --- but again as history repeats itself one guild will probably devour it all. Adding that extra intensive for Hardcores is good but it also diminishes the theme of the server which is INSTANCING.

People should be able to progress, and advance their characters gear in a reasonable time within an instanced context.

Albeit when Velious comes out the 6.5 day lockout won't be so grueling because there are so many targets to do in a weeks time.... It's just the Classic/Kunark content might need a shorter lockout.

my two cents -- would like to see a smooth 3 months of classic, and kunark. food for thought.
  2. LessPlay Journeyman

Moving Apok to Phinny?
  3. Religious Elder

I feel that the Lockout timers are fairly lengthy as well, given that we have three months per expansion to gear an entire raid force. 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 day lockouts seem much more in line with what we should be looking for. The fact that we have Instancing at all is awesome, and I hate to ask for more, but if there's any chance the devs might find the time to look over the timers again, I wouldn't complain.
    Dojii likes this.
  4. Dojii Augur

A good core of old Apok players will be rolling on Phinny. I think the Guild names are exclusive to servers so there won't be an Apokalypsis Guild tag on Phinny. We want to do something more simple and less foreboding :p so it will probably be something like <Circle of Friends who like Dragons>.

We may crew up, ally, who knows really. The potential for a sustainable long term population makes a lot of things possible. This seems like the diamond project though and should be a keeper. The first 6 months might be a drag for some... (limited content wants for expacs) but I am fine with it.

I really want to see all of Velious again, all of Luclin, and Planes of Power. With scheduled raids and friends.
  5. taliefer Augur

i dont know whats wrong with the standard 4.5 days lockout, but 5.5 seems plenty if they want to go beyond that
  6. Weverley Augur

Even considering how little raid there is on classic don't forget it's almost 1 a day to do naggy,vox,sky,ct and inny.so plenty enough for most guilds.We don't want a burneout for almost everybody except the most hardcore.
  7. Sagnid Augur

Six and half day lock outs is just fine. If you want more content. You can always compete for the world spawns. They still have daily spawn chance.
  8. Dojii Augur

If all you have to do is everyone make a 2nd character... the whole guild just makes a 2nd toon and opens another instance -- might as well just cut the lockout timer in half.

If everyone wants to make 5 characters. You can kill Nagafen x5. And while yes you can take 12 mages and mage rage down Vox / Nagafen a lot of us are looking at scheduling raids. Taking 50 guildies a few times a week and clearing the content @ set raid hours.

This is just the more streamlined and ideal method of obtaining pixels and raiding as a guild.

It's just simpler to make a user friendly design. At any rate the instancing can be 'exploited' yes.... but let's be men. Just cut the lockout timer down to something regular working class people can fit around schedules while still being able to develop their characters in Era before the next expansion.

if some kids want 25 Nagafen's per week by all means... #grind.

Most people would be happy with a few.
  9. Mwapo Augur

Guess you didnt read that its accountwide lockouts then? You want to pay for 5 accounts that you can only play one at a time? Go for it.
  10. Sagnid Augur

It's ok Mwapo. I am sure Daybreak won't be bullied by a vocal minority who only wants things their way. Spamming will not change things. Dojii just needs a dose of patience, and needs to allow the community to enjoy the dragons Holly promised them.
  11. ShamWow-RF Lorekeeper

I think 6.5 days lockout is just fine. I'm really only interested in experiencing the content on my own terms instead of having to fight Mage Bot Armies controlled by Third Party Automation Software. The loot doesn't matter to me.
  12. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

6.5 days seems pretty good for those of us wishing for maximum nostalgia.
  13. Ducreux Augur

6.5 is reasonable. Just pretend you are on a 6 guild rotation for all the dragons, cause we know how much you love rotations!
  14. Finley Augur

I like the essentially 7 day cooldown I just wish it reset at the same time every week; this would allow guilds to change up their schedule on the fly without "losing" spawns. Probably an unrealistic request though. It will get a little monotonous doing the same boss on the same day every week. 5.5 or 7.5 day lockout would be better in the long run imo.
  15. Dojii Augur

I prefer this kind of Rotation. These corpses are my enemies. Yes we killed them then we killed the dragon. I have literally thousands of screens like these.

Since I won't see any of this kind of solid rotation again -- I prefer to eat hot wings, BBQ, and Jet Ski rather than engage in TLP "competition". Or join a Wal-Mart super sized guild. Serve me up an instance. We can be men later.

[IMG]
  16. Sagnid Augur

Is that the screenshot from the account you sold?
  17. Dojii Augur

I don't sell pixels. too precious. that's why Dadcop can't have my trak BP.

It's better to make me green shiny.
  18. Sagnid Augur

I don't know. That's not what your guild's apps had to say. I don't feel like getting perma banned like Melveny from the forums. But I heard there are some good links floating arounds of a bard from a pvp server from a while back...
  19. Dojii Augur

I don't know either man but it's a new day. You should try not being salty or upset over things that don't matter. And don't believe everything you hear on the internet. Happy Thanksgiving.
  20. Sagnid Augur

I believe what I can see Dojii. And comm recordings and chat logs do not lie. I hope you have a dry turkey Dojii!