Pets taking way more damage since patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Goranothos, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goranothos Augur

I noticed this immediately. Did a Gribble yesterday after the patch, me and my shammy box, one healer merc on reactive and one wizzy merc. Tried both the 101 air pet and the 104 earth pet. I have an EM23 item. Both pets were taking noticeably more damage than they did before the "stat patch". Damage was very spikey and the pet often got down to 20% health on a two pull. Three pulls were a disaster. Pet died every time. Before the patch, the healer merc could easily heal the pet on a two pull, no sweat.

We talked about it on the mage chat channel, and our opinion is something about the stat consolidation probably unintentionally (we hope) nerfed the cloak that pets come summoned with when you use an EM item.

I haven't talked to any Beastlords or Necros yet, but I bet it affects their pets also.
  2. Geri_Petrovna Augur

So, you went from being ridiculously OP, to merely being OP? gosh.
    roguerunner and Elricvonclief like this.
  3. Goranothos Augur

Worthless response. Gratz.
    Sancus likes this.
  4. HeatherPurrs Augur

My mage still solo's TBM HA... The change was barely noticeable. Seriously, the pet classes are so OP it's not even funny.
  5. Vrinda Augur

What class do you play that you feel having a mage pet able to tank two mobs at once is OP? Have you ever watched a tank zone into a 105 Gribble's mission, collect half the zone (or more), and tank the entire mess successfully? If not, try that for your "ridiculously OP" definition and quit complaining about max level, raid focused pets.

I haven't tried tanking a Gribble's mission with a necro pet since the patch, but anything that affects a mage pet in a noticeable way is usually a disaster for a necro pet.

The real issue here is that there's way too wide a gulf between raid geared PC tanks and the rest of us. I'm not calling for nerfs. I don't want any class nerfed. But I would like some options for the times I want to do something none of my tank friends is interested in doing. I used to have those options, but since the 2014 (and subsequent) pet nerfs and total inability of "tank" mercs to tank more than one mob (even momentarily while waiting for mez and slow to land) when their single defensive discipline is down, those options are gone. The message is clear: Level a tank so you can play TankQuest or go the hell away.

Is there a difference between pet power on Test and the current situation on live servers? I've been following the stat consolidation thread and don't recall seeing any complaints about mage pet tanking ability in that thread. It would be good to know if there really is a difference between the two (something pushed to Live that wasn't on Test first) or if it was missed by players during testing.
    Goranothos likes this.
  6. Goranothos Augur

The change is not "barely noticeable". I noticed it immediately. Pets were taking considerably more damage. We estimated in the chat channel that it's something upwards of 25% more damage.

Let's not turn this into a "nerf pet classes" debate. I started this thread with the purpose of pointing out that there was an unintentional (I hope) change to pets defensive abilities with the latest patch. I didn't see anything in the patch notes about pets being "adjusted" so it stands to reason that something about the stat consolidation affected the gear that pets come summoned with when the summoner has an Enhanced Minion item (which is every Necro/Mage/Beastlord above level 80 in the game).

I suggest you go back to this thread, HeatherPurrs, as you seem to be causing more than your share of problems there:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...and-you-may-2016-patch-preview.232498/page-14

Aren't you quitting EQ anyway?
  7. Rumblerum Augur

Mr. Vladimir Putin is indeed a troll. That guy is useless after reading some of his threads.
  8. Sancus Augur

I haven't tried soloing anything since the patch, but I did test to confirm that shielding and spell shielding are working as intended. I can't promise that something else didn't change, but I haven't found any data to support that thus far. I'm going to try to run more parses this weekend.
    Goranothos likes this.
  9. Amped Journeyman

Speaking as a group geared tank.........who cannot solo/ molo the group missions........how much difference in survivability SHOULD there be between PC tanks and everyone else? Tanks take the hits but don't dish out the damage. Those who dish out the damage shouldn't be getting hit.

Necros and mages can do amazing things in current content that tanks can't due to the dps gulf. I have no problem with what you guys can do.....Stop and look at the issue from both sides.
  10. HeatherPurrs Augur

The pet classes are massively OP. I hope they nerf them down to where they belong. There's no way my mage should be moloing TBM HA content. That's just insanely OP. I ran one TBM HA last night because I was bored and waiting on the guild to set up for a raid.

If i can molo TBM HA on my mage any change that weakend mages is moot.
  11. sojero One hit wonder

You really shouldn't try to compare a Raid geared tank and a pet, there should be no reason to ever do this. They will (should) never be on the same level. You should be comparing group geared tanks and pets, and even then you have to accept the fact that pets are going to be less, because its not a class, its only part of a class.
  12. HeatherPurrs Augur

The fix is simple. A pet class shouldn't be able to keep their pet alive and do damage at the same time, even with a merc. The other thing that is ridiculously OP is that my mage can split mobs... The combination is just massively OP.
  13. Rhodz Augur

The devs do something upsetting and the players rip each others throats out over it.

You guys are right out of Malcolm in the Middle and mom just played the heck out of you.
    Dibab likes this.
  14. Sancus Augur

The level of toxicity some of you display towards the Mage class is completely ridiculous. This thread has *nothing* to do with your opinions on how the Mage class should be. All the OP did was describe his post patch experience and inquire about the possibility of a change. Literally none of these posts relate to that topic....
  15. Rhodz Augur

Explains an awful lot once one thinks about it doesn't it.
  16. --Voodoo-- Augur

My mage on Test is only lvl 92, but I didn't notice any change. I did verify that focused pets are getting spell shielding, like normal. A dev did confirm that they specifically looked at mod2 items for pets. I didn't hear any complaints on Test either. Granted, we didn't have much time with the patch before Test crashed.

Certainly wouldn't be surprising if a pet item or three were overlooked, so if there's an issue, it's probably related to specific focus levels.
  17. strongbus Augur

Never going happen.
  18. Warpeace Augur

Just ignore this person you can figure out why if you want to read their post in a couple other threads.
    Goranothos and MrMajestykx like this.
  19. HeatherPurrs Augur

Creepers gonna creep. So many mentally ill people on these forums, it's really scary.
  20. Millianna Augur

An the SK isn't? A raid geared SK can solo Gribbles and with the correct group AoE half at once if not the whole thing. Let's see a mage's pet do that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.