Info Needed pets in missions

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Svann2, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Quoting Sancus only for the info on the patches and how missions are behaving.

LS missions are having the same issues. Looks like someone forgot the toggle when copying raids.
    Silvena likes this.
  2. Sam Hyde I'm a monster but not an NPC

Bingo. It's the only reason why scaled down raids turned into missions would behave like raids.
  3. Beco Lorekeeper

What Infos are missing? I understood the case and specific missions where named where the mobs in group content behave like raidmobs. Yet this thread is still flagged "Info needed".
  4. Lodestar The Undefeated

No info is missing. Devs just need to do work.
  5. bombyx Journeyman

Pet taunt not work in Final Fugue mission, mobs keep on ignore pet, both trash or boss mobs. But it works fine in hero forge mission.
    fransisco and Silvena like this.
  6. NyteShayd Elder

This does not appear to be an issue in the 25th Anniversary mission "Reflections of You."
  7. fransisco Augur

The days of pick up tanks are long past (And they were horrible when they existed). What are the chances someone will want to come and tank 1 mission for my group? They might spend more time getting there than they are in the mission. Thats assuming I can even find someone willing to, and then I roll the dice that they know how to play their character.
    The bigger issue is content desigend to require a plate tank. Disabling pet tanking is bad game design. Its no different than a bunch of mobs all immune to CC spawning - thus again requiring a plate tank. It just makes people not wanna play the game if they aren't the appropriate class combo.
    Ileasa likes this.
  8. Lodestar The Undefeated

Agreed. At this point in the game's lifecycle, we need alternative tank options in the form of pet classes to fill the gap.
    Ileasa and fransisco like this.
  9. Cassiera MOAR DoTs

At this point what we need is for the devs to see all the info we've provided, and change this from info needed to confirmed...or, even better, fixed internally!
    Ileasa likes this.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Im sure its working as intended but they dont wanna say anything to make people upset.
    Knifen likes this.
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

We went into The Plane of Mischief: Bidils the Quickhand raid. Pets set for "Taunting as normal", however, there are no "Pet has captured Mobs attention" or even fail message to do so.

Going to the guild hall, we then sent the exact same pets against a combat dummy and getting tons of Pet has captured mobs attention.

I'm not sure this is the same exact issue, as I see that the OP put that the mob is not holding aggro and I saw nothing about the pet actually not taunting at all.

Usually on missions, the pets DO taunt but they cannot hold aggro against a player meleeing. That part is "normal". What is NOT normal is the pets not even taunting at all.
  12. Cassiera MOAR DoTs

Any word on this DBG? Or any update on what "info" is still "needed"?
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

Thats a different bug and needs its own thread.
    NyteShayd likes this.
  14. NyteShayd Elder

Meeko's comment on a tangentially related thread suggests this may be working as coded, but not necessarily intended. As many of us have suspected since the first encounter with this behavior, all the mobs in affected missions are likely...

...and the question becomes, are those flags intentional?

(Also: bump.)
  15. Cassiera MOAR DoTs

I mean, we know it's working as coded. What we need and deserve an actual answer for is whether or not it is intended. We have given all the info they could possibly need.
    Velisaris_MS, NyteShayd and Silvena like this.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

You assume they KNOW the answer to that.

I suspect it's like the merc tasks where one expansion they were giving xp, then the next they weren't...and the devs believing that's just the it always worked and making the tasks not give xp from that point on. Thankfully, they finally corrected their mistake on that with LS.

I think some dev accidentally forgot to switch off the pet agro raid rules when they made a mission out of a raid, and all the other devs just assumed it was correct and went with it. I don't think any of them bothered to check to see how it worked prior to that. Probably a good reason to stop making the missions just stripped down versions of the raids...too many opportunities for cut&paste errors.